[TUTORIAL] MAC OSX

More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #142958 by adrianozzo
Replied by adrianozzo on topic [TUTORIAL] MAC OSX
Thanks but for me it's not working...
And I don't know why, but now even the 16/17 version is not working when I click on start game.bat

/GAMES/SWOS1617/START GAME.bat: line 1: @echo: command not found
: No such file or directoryop/GAMES/SWOS1617/START GAME.bat: line 2: cd: DOSBOX
/GAMES/SWOS1617/START GAME.bat: line 3: start: command not found
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by adrianozzo.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #143035 by captaincofresi
Replied by captaincofresi on topic [TUTORIAL] MAC OSX
Thanks for the tutorial, although it does not work for me with the SWOS 2020 Total Pack installing it in OSX Catalina 10.15.3, using Crossover version 19 (trial version, should be fully functional for the next two weeks). During the install I pointed to my downloads folder in OSX with an unpacked Amiga SWOS version (the one I use in FS-UAE) for the original disk. The installation continued so I guess that check was done and verified. I also checked that the SWOS 2020 application was allowed to be run in OSX, in the General tab for the system settings.

Every time I try to start the game I get the following error (also got this in OSX Maverick before I update to Catalina):

As the user 'Batalheiro' said, any chance of a native OSX version?
Since this doesn't seem to be working.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Batalheiro

More
4 years 2 months ago #143044 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic [TUTORIAL] MAC OSX

Thanks for the tutorial, although it does not work for me with the SWOS 2020 Total Pack installing it in OSX Catalina 10.15.3, using Crossover version 19 (trial version, should be fully functional for the next two weeks). During the install I pointed to my downloads folder in OSX with an unpacked Amiga SWOS version (the one I use in FS-UAE) for the original disk. The installation continued so I guess that check was done and verified. I also checked that the SWOS 2020 application was allowed to be run in OSX, in the General tab for the system settings.

Every time I try to start the game I get the following error (also got this in OSX Maverick before I update to Catalina):

Just hit OK and it works fine! Enjoy!

More
4 years 2 months ago #143045 by captaincofresi
Well it did not, I got about three or four different error messages. Then the program did show, but the graphics was all jumbled. Could not make head or tales from it. I am wondering if it might have something to do with the new stricter privacy settings in Catalina. Where you would have to grant programs access to your folders like Documents / Downloads one by one.

More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #143046 by captaincofresi
Well, today I tried and install the SWOS 2020 Total Pack again, now with granting Crossover full access to my disk. Since this might be needed to install it. Again this did not work. Here is an overview of all the errors I encounter on my Macbook Air:

So there it is, all errors encountered when trying to use Crossover to install the SWOS 2020 Total Pack on my Macbook Air with OSX Catalina. Hope this helps to debug the problem. Just hope it is possible to fix it.

EDIT #1: Well yesterday I tried about everything on my Mac to debug this problem and giving the apps more write permissions and all. But none of it seemed to work. I will just write down that the Crossover app is not the one to use on my Mac, I will try and see if I can get it to work with Wine / Wine Bottler this week.

EDIT #2: Thanks to Playaveli I have not a working Standalone SWOS 2020 working on my Macbook Air with Crossover, thanks so much! Copied my settings from my PC version to the Mac, and finally got my portable version of SWOS 2020 :lol: .
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by captaincofresi. Reason: With a little help from Playaveli he got the standalone program working on my Mac with Crossover

More
4 years 2 months ago #143049 by Batalheiro
Replied by Batalheiro on topic [TUTORIAL] MAC OSX

Thanks for the tutorial, although it does not work for me with the

Indeed, I just wanted to know if a native version is forthcoming, if not it's fine, the good people in this site don't owe us anything, they do all the work for free!

More
4 years 2 months ago #143060 by captaincofresi
I read here that a couple of people got this working using Wine / Wine Bottler on their Mac, can anyone post a Mac tutorial for Wine / Wine Bottler here? Since as you can see in my previous posts the method using Crossover is not working on my Mac that is.

More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #143061 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic [TUTORIAL] MAC OSX

I read here that a couple of people got this working using Wine / Wine Bottler on their Mac, can anyone post a Mac tutorial for Wine / Wine Bottler here? Since as you can see in my previous posts the method using Crossover is not working on my Mac that is.

Wine bottler does not work on the latest OSX, but only for older OSX versions.
Pretty simple. Here is a screenshot from the ASWOS install tutorial. Just do the same with SWOS 2020 installer.

Or come to discord, get teamviewer, and let me do it. Also with Crossover.
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by Playaveli.
The following user(s) said Thank You: captaincofresi

More
4 years 2 months ago #143062 by captaincofresi
Playaveli wrote:

Wine bottler does not work on the latest OSX, but only for older OSX versions.
Or come to discord, get teamviewer, and let me do it. Also with Crossover.

Since I just upgraded to OSX Catalina, so for me it's best to see if Crossover can work, I got teamviewer so I will see you on Discord then ;-).

More
4 years 1 month ago #143104 by Francescomanetti82
Hello, can someone help me with the installation of SWSO 2020 on MAC? I have tried following the tutorial, but it doesn't work :-/
p.s. I have Mac OS Catalina 10.15.3 on my Mac. Thanks so much for the help :-)

Time to create page: 0.224 seconds