[TUTORIAL] MAC OSX

More
4 years 1 month ago #143105 by pedrobL
Replied by pedrobL on topic [TUTORIAL] MAC OSX

Hello, can someone help me with the installation of SWSO 2020 on MAC? I have tried following the tutorial, but it doesn't work :-/
p.s. I have Mac OS Catalina 10.15.3 on my Mac. Thanks so much for the help :-)

Could you be missing this part?

Just google for "download swos 96 dos" and download a zip with the original version and extract on desktop. Then point to that directory in the installation process. Done! You can delete the directory after the installation.

What part of the installation isn't working for you (which step)?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago #143106 by Francescomanetti82
Hello, thanks for the answer and the help :-) So, let me understand, also for the MAC i need to download a SWOS 96 dos? Maybe this is the reason why it doesn't work...

More
4 years 1 month ago #143107 by pedrobL

Hello, thanks for the answer and the help :-) So, let me understand, also for the MAC i need to download a SWOS 96 dos? Maybe this is the reason why it doesn't work...

Yes. There's a moment during the installation of "SWOS 2020" in which you need to point to the "SWOS 96/97" folder. Once installed, this folder is no longer needed to run "SWOS 2020" but it is indeed a prerequisite for the installation process.

More
4 years 1 month ago #143108 by Francescomanetti82
So..i have tried but it doesn't work. It appears this kind of message (file attached)
Attachments:

More
4 years 1 month ago #143109 by pedrobL
Francescomanetti82: Besides the previously mentioned "SWOS 96/97 folder prerequisite", the installer you're supposed to use is "swos2020.setup.exe" and not the one you're using ("Start SWOS 96-97 Offline.exe").

More
4 years 1 month ago #143110 by Francescomanetti82
I have anyway been able to arrive to the point where the game launcher appears, but when i click on "run swos 2020" it doesn't work :-/
Attachments:

More
4 years 1 month ago #143111 by Francescomanetti82
Is it possible to talk on Discord? Maybe more easy there? Anyway, i don't understand where is the mistake

More
4 years 1 month ago #143112 by pedrobL

Is it possible to talk on Discord? Maybe more easy there? Anyway, i don't understand where is the mistake

Sure. Though I presume more experienced users would be of more help. I only tried SWOS 2020 for the first time this week.

More
4 years 1 month ago #143113 by Francescomanetti82
Ok, thank You :)

More
4 years 1 month ago #143114 by pedrobL
In the process of helping Francescomanetti82 through the installation of SWOS 2020 on his Mac we run across some difficulties that other users might encounter. Perhaps Playaveli could include these notes in his helpful tutorial?

(1) By default, Mac OS X is set to only allow apps downloaded from either the App Store or identified developers. In order to install SWOS 2020 (or any other app from unidentified developers), Mac users need to circumvent this restriction by following one of these tutorials: "How to open apps from unidentified developers on Mac" or "How to Allow Apps from Anywhere in macOS Gatekeeper" .
(2) During step 8 (Pick windows setup exe of SWOS 2020 and / or Total Pack) the installer will ask you to point to the original "SWOS 96-97" folder, so make sure you have obtained it and placed it somewhere on your Mac. As Playaveli said somewhere, to obtain the original "SWOS 96-97", "just google for "download swos 96 dos" or pick it up from his own topic . You will need to point to the actual game folder and not the parent folder (depending on the structure of your "SWOS 96-97" version). The game folder is supposed to have folders inside such as "ARC", "DATA", "HARD", and "SFX".
(3) After the successful installation, do not forget to apply the updates .

Time to create page: 0.247 seconds