Different difficulty between AMIGA version, and PC version (played in AMIGA way)

More
3 years 1 month ago #144671 by adrianozzo

Thank you, guys, for all your feedback and play testing.
I think it's safe to say: Goalkeeper issue is solved!

Great work, starwindz, finding the needle in the hay stack!

how did he do it? i'd like to read a report on this issue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #144672 by Playaveli
He found a difference in original Amiga code to the code we use in SWOS 2020. Initially we thought, everything was correct! But there was a tiny difference.

Here it goes... :)

Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by Playaveli.
The following user(s) said Thank You: niallquinn

More
3 years 1 month ago #144674 by adrianozzo
What does the code say? It's very fascinating to understand how SWOS AI works.
I noticed that once you make one kind of goal (for example, banana shot with LW just after kick off), it's very rare to repeat it in the same match. Is there actually a line of code for this?

More
3 years 1 month ago #144681 by starwindz

What does the code say? It's very fascinating to understand how SWOS AI works.
I noticed that once you make one kind of goal (for example, banana shot with LW just after kick off), it's very rare to repeat it in the same match. Is there actually a line of code for this?

values of above code is related to the aggressiveness of goalkeeper behaviours for defending attacks. there are thousands complicate lines of code for SWOS AI. above behaviour you mentioned may be included to the code

More
2 years 8 months ago #145214 by scaiaca78
we talked about a code. the game of your package is modified. surely there is an option that allows you to lower the level. code if only you developers know. pc game is unplayable in comparison with original amiga

More
2 years 3 months ago - 2 years 3 months ago #145713 by Gosen
Recently I feel that gks are worse than before. after I set harder GK’s AI, they seem to be even weaker. Perhaps it’s the database for 20/21 season, where goalies have such low values. Neuer should be maxed out for example, yet he is just average and even second tier striker can beat him. Anyway lot of diagonal and lob shoots go in, as well usual curved ones. Maybe I became too good, maybe something is really going on here, just wanted to share.

Overall AI behavior is mystery to me. Once in a while it can overwhelm me, but generally it feels very passive.
Last edit: 2 years 3 months ago by Gosen.

Time to create page: 0.199 seconds