Controller Issues

More
3 years 10 months ago #143777 by Kanchelskis
Replied by Kanchelskis on topic Controller Issues
About the Xbox360 issue, I found maybe something could help developers.
Using an original pad, it is recognized as XBOX Controller and it stops to work after 4 or 5 minutes after working perfectly for a short period (already known bug).

Using a compatible imitation pad (works on the console), SWOS 2020 recognizes it as Xinput and the pad works properly (sort of, it doesn't work well but on the console too because it sucks itself).

Maybe creating a code line recognizing the original 360 pad as a generic xinput could help with the issue (don't know).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 9 months ago #143787 by TheMasterBrewer
Replied by TheMasterBrewer on topic Controller Issues
I'm also having a nightmare with my controller. I use a DS4 (PS4 controller) and connect to windows via the DS4Windows application. It works perfectly on other applications. The issue with SWOS is that every now and then, it starts connecting and disconnecting repeatedly (i.e. the system thinks it's been disconnected/unplugged when it hasn't). It stops after a few minutes but then after a while - anything from 10 minutes to an hour - it does it again. I've updated to the latest version of DS4Windows and tried someone's suggestion of re-mapping the controller buttons to the relevant keyboard keys then setting input as keyboard, but sadly it makes no difference. Anybody got any idea how I can solve this?!

More
3 years 9 months ago #143818 by TheMasterBrewer
Replied by TheMasterBrewer on topic Controller Issues

I'm also having a nightmare with my controller. I use a DS4 (PS4 controller) and connect to windows via the DS4Windows application. It works perfectly on other applications. The issue with SWOS is that every now and then, it starts connecting and disconnecting repeatedly (i.e. the system thinks it's been disconnected/unplugged when it hasn't). It stops after a few minutes but then after a while - anything from 10 minutes to an hour - it does it again. I've updated to the latest version of DS4Windows and tried someone's suggestion of re-mapping the controller buttons to the relevant keyboard keys then setting input as keyboard, but sadly it makes no difference. Anybody got any idea how I can solve this?!

Bought a new USB cable and played for a couple of hours straight - no issues whatsoever! Looks like this did the trick :-D

For what it's worth, I went for one of the more expensive ones on Amazon with gold plating and an anti-tangle cable. Still only £7 for a 2-pack.

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds