A little bit of ideas for future new features

More
3 years 1 month ago #144501 by Playaveli

Need not human teams have their market too. CPU teams must select subs during matches, change tactics... Like human vs human. Its possible a contract with expiring and wages?

In theory, all of this is possible.
But we have to be careful... SWOS must stay in spirit, easy and simple. Not too complicated... Otherwise it will change the soul of the game.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 1 month ago #144541 by steviebwoy
Are loan players a possibility?

More
3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #144550 by Kanchelskis
I agree with Playaveli trying to keep Swos simple as it is, but a more active AI with substitions, injuries and bookings wouldn't modify it.
I think that in those years they left the cpu teams "blocked" to avoid the eventuality they couldn't have players to put on the pitch, being only 16. I wouldn't consider offside, instead, as it would affect the gameplay. Volleys are something missed in SWOS but I don't think it's possible to add them.

The big improvement would be having more kit styles and colours. SWOS in this was very retro, using an EGA scheme with 16 colours and only 8 for the kits while VGA cards were already out since years. Even the kits styles were only few, using the same scheme of Sensible Soccer while Kick Off 2 had much more colours and kit layouts.

Also 16 players for team is another issue. At the time it was fine as teams had 16-18 players and thereafter youths and they could field only a certain amount of foreign players. Today there is no quite limit and the best players around play for a small bunch of clubs. This is very significant for mid-class national teams in career mode, as it's almost impossible (compared to 96-97) to build up a decent national team as some of the best players are not listed in the stronger teams, most of all Premier League (i.e. you cannot call Matt Ritchie for Scotland, Dummett for Wales or Krafth for Sweden as they are not listed in Newcastle).
Is this possible to add in a future? I don't know, i hope so!
Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by Kanchelskis.

More
3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #144552 by Playaveli
Removing any color limitation and adding 23 player squads is definitely going to happen.
Also red cards for AI, and possibly having them sub players or change formations, too.
Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by Playaveli.
The following user(s) said Thank You: captaincofresi

More
3 years 1 month ago #144553 by Kanchelskis
Well, these are really great news!

More
3 years 1 month ago #144589 by captaincofresi
(1) This one would be just nice to have in SWOS, as I seen this statistic on a BBC match and think it does add to the overall statistics to see how the match was played: # touches in opponnents box (might need a shorter name to fit with the other stats though). I would say this then goes best between Possesion and Goal attempts. As sometimes Possesion doen't say it all as a statistic, if you don't get balls in the box.

(2) Showing the statistics at the end of highlights, with a 'press to continue' option or 'still able to pause' option. Might be best to have the option, Show Highlights with stats and wihtout stats then. So if you just don't care about those. I think it would be a nice addtion to have 'the story of the game' in there a bit more, next to the goals.

More
3 years 1 month ago #144711 by Francescomanetti82
Hello guys, here some ideas for Swos upgrading, hoping these are possible to realize:

- CPU sobstitutions during the matches: the CPU manages sobstitutions for its team during the development of the match. In this way, the matches would be more realistic;

- referee always visable during the match; the referee moves into the development of the actions, as it is in the reality;

- sides referees animated: they moves all along the sides, following the development of the actions. As for the points above, this would make the matches more real too;

- red card also for the CPU team's players. Effectively till now in Swos we have never seen red cards for the rival teams managed by the CPU. This would make matches more real, again;

- dynamic players market: would it be possible to create a dynamic market of the players during the seasons? I mean that all the teams makes their own market with buying and selling and this would create dynamism in the rosters. Till now we have had a static structure in Swos and only the player can buy or sell, for the rest all remain the same all along the time of the career. It would be also interesting to see the "born" of new players during the years of the career, fantasy players that rejuvenates the rosters: can we still have Ibrahimovic plays in year 2035? :)))

- create different kind of skins and hairs like for example light brown or dark brown for the skin, or blonde and no-hairs for the hairs, etc..; this would give more variety to the shapes of the players;

OK, that's all :)

Regards,
Francesco

More
3 years 3 weeks ago #144737 by Mr_K_Dilkington
Would love to see added....

1. Cut scene celebration or on pitch trophy presentation, including teams lining up before the game (I know I've seen 2 of these in the 90's)

2. Snow, rain etc...

3. Different ball for during winter.

More
3 years 1 week ago #144769 by ricki1979
Would it be possible to have a DLC option where the various commentary options could be grouped together by language - i.e. the 7 English commentators would be one group - and then the game would randomly select the commentators for each match. Not sure if this is possible but it would be great if it was.

More
3 years 5 days ago #144784 by Metaloutfit
Replied by Metaloutfit on topic Pitch preset creator !
Hi.I have written this also in Facebook.
There are awesome stadiums to play SWOS and choose but only 6 pitch to play each time.
It would have been great if you can choose which 6 pitches you wish and create a preset for this.
For example I like 1 subbuteo pitch, 2 Snow pitch , 2 Animated and 1 Minor pitch to play.So to have a preset creator in DLC like you have for sound to customize file.Thank you very much in advance and continue this dreamwork !! Cheers from Greece.
The following user(s) said Thank You: adrianozzo

Time to create page: 0.361 seconds