Fair Players : 2 good examples

More
15 years 9 months ago #47027 by LIK

I thanked Xflea... I don t want to say that everyone has to do it. I only think that it s unpleasent for me to play when my opponent gets an injured player or stupid red card in 2nd or 3rd minutes... I know a lot of players who are happy when I get injured players. But as you say it s in the game and I can not call them unfair players. And i don t want to set any new rule. Everyone is free to play how he wants -without forgetting that the opponent is also an human- ;)

Totally agree with you, we do it in our league always

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 9 months ago - 15 years 9 months ago #47045 by Playaveli
If you play in a competition and you press ESC because of an injury (or card...etc) then you put an influence on the possible outcome of the entire match. And that is, with all respect, NOT fairplay. Of course it s apparently fair to the current opponent if you like that, but to all other players in that competition who maybe struggle for points and positions on the table it s just a distortion of competition. That s it.

This topic is interesting to read.

More
15 years 9 months ago #47050 by xflea
hmmm

we re not talking about a league competition with injuries and cards. we are talking about a situation when 2 players play a single match. when my opponent restarts the game after I get an injury or red card - it is all to my advance and nothing to his advance. you can t call his behaviour not-fair-play in this situation. its all his good will and nice gesture. I call it fair play. of course if he doesn t restart after my injury or red card I would never call his behaviour not-fair-play . simple as that.

don t expand the discussion to other, hipothetical circumstances... we re talking about a specific situation here.

and same as Eleven - I don t wanna set any new rules.

More
15 years 9 months ago #47054 by Playaveli
I thought you were playing a CTWC match.
To expand the discussion is not too bad. I like to hear more general opinions (not on Eleven s and your case. That s solved).
I hope more people will post something.

More
15 years 9 months ago #47059 by Wänä81
For me is clear that injuries and red cards are a part of the game . Nobody must press ESC for me to start a new match . If i get a red card it´s my foult and if i get injured it´s bad luck : (

If my opponents striker gets injured or get a red card i´m happy about that , because my chance to win increase ;D

Call me unfair , but sometimes it´s a tactical way to win ;)

More
15 years 9 months ago #47060 by dior
Its always nice to feel that other player wants to be fair and try to keep the chances equal. But after all, injurys and cards are part of game. When i get card or injury in early time of match im trying to play best i can. In that critical moments i was able to win several times (some of my opponents too) so maybe restarting the game is not best solution. And one more, scoring a goal is also part of the game, when i score in 1 min. should i press escape too? hehe ;D

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #93642 by dzem

We start a ISSF Cup game vs Pallister.

Straight from a kick off I injure Havelland s striker and press esc.

Pallister ???
Lobo Don t tell anyone ;)

Pallister says nothing.
We start over.

Desynch.

It came out desynch happened in a first game and Pallister scored straight from a kick-off.
No accusations, no moaning just a good laugh. ;D

That s the ultimate Fair play, no one would think like that!
But I think when lobo said Don t tell anyone ;) you read Don t tell anyone... or I will hurt you in ways you can t imagine
;D

I have just read recent posts about situation between Supra and Fclan. First thing that came into my mind after it was above conflict .
Just wanted to refresh it, as it was one of the funniest swos moments for me:)

EDIT: and a good example to follow in online gaming.

More
13 years 4 months ago #93649 by Rock and Roll
Seconded :).
Good post dzem!

More
13 years 4 months ago #93653 by Emmeti
I am not saying pressing ESC after injury or red card at min 0 or 1 is wrong, but someone may not like that especially in an official game and personally I don t call that Fair Play (of course I don t mean that is the opposite). Isn t the injury part of the game?

I am talking about official games; in friendly that makes more sense.

More
13 years 4 months ago #93655 by dzem
mt653, I think this was discussed some time ago. As for me, I never press esc after early injury, always try to score penalties (except friendlies) and I don t expect anything else from other players.
I just appreciate people behaving fair and even though I wouldn t press esc on Lobo s place I treat this situation as a perfect example of chilled out players (which I m sometimes far from:P)

Lobo: Don t tell anyone!:)
Pallister: Ok...then he don t wanted to be behind so early (1st min.), np.

Come on:) they should teach in schools to think / act / live like that:P

Time to create page: 0.278 seconds