Fair Players : 2 good examples

More
13 years 4 months ago #93656 by Rock and Roll

Come on:) they should teach in schools to think / act / live like that:P

As a teacher, I can answer that..... NO :D.
I believe internet has played a part in this.
You used to have to face the person you were having an argument with.
Nowadays a ten year old kid can have an internet flame war with, well, someone like me ...
That s something they wouldn t dare do in real life :D.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #93657 by Emmeti
Yes Dzem , you re right.

I quote Playaveli from an earlier post , I agree 100%:

If you play in a competition and you press ESC because of an injury (or card...etc) then you put an influence on the possible outcome of the entire match. And that is, with all respect, NOT fairplay. Of course it s apparently fair to the current opponent if you like that, but to all other players in that competition who maybe struggle for points and positions on the table it s just a distortion of competition. That s it.

This topic is interesting to read.

and say yes, that was discussed long ago , sorry. Didn t mean to start flaming about that believe me :)

It would be nice to find a common definition of fair play and actually , call me naive, but respecting the opponent, I mean in general (and not this case, because I don t see it as the perfect example of fair play considering someone may be bothered about the ESC button being pressed) should be considered normal, very common, not something to celebrate.

I guess your post comes because of the Supra - Fclan situation I probably missed to read on the forum (I sure catch up with that)...but that s another story.

More
13 years 4 months ago #93659 by Playaveli
I have to state, before I am mistaken:
This quote is only refering to any kind of competetive matches (such as ooo, league, cup, tournament...)! Not friendlies!

More
13 years 4 months ago #93661 by Emmeti

I have to state, before I am mistaken:
This quote is only refering to any kind of competetive matches (such as ooo, league, cup, tournament...)! Not friendlies!

Of course, as I said in a previous post:

I am talking about official games; in friendly that makes more sense.

I believe that s ok and very well accepted behaviour in Friendly.

More
13 years 4 months ago #93663 by dzem
mt653, I also agree with Playa s post you quote. But it doesn t change my mind about seeing Lobo s and Pallister s thinking as an example to follow. Conclusion? Relations between people are not binary:) We have a luxury of being here for pleasure and moreover setting up and executing the law by ourselves - thus, we can take into account Intentions.

As a teacher, I can answer that..... NO :D.

Rock! Teacher! Leave us swossers alone! All in all, it s just... :)

More
13 years 4 months ago #93671 by Playaveli
Something just came to my mind.
In offline tournaments there is the rule Pressing ESC during match is forbidden .
I came across this rule in almost every country I visited a tournament. Germany, Denmark, Czech Rep., Poland...

Why have we forgotten to put that rule to online leagues, ooo etc?!
I think I have to update some websites, soon! :)

More
13 years 4 months ago #93673 by dzem
There is a good saying in Polish for what I ve caused with my posts:
no i masz babo placek known also in bit harder versions: no i w pizdę jeża or o i chuj , which could be translated as Granny, you ve got the cake :)

I just wanted to point out that even in difficult situations players can stay calm or even laugh together with the opponent:P

More
13 years 4 months ago #93674 by Playaveli

I just wanted to point out that even in difficult situations players can stay calm or even laugh together with the opponent:P

I have understood it well, Dzem! No worries. And I agree with you, as a player!
But as an admin or better said, organizer, I would rule the ESC button out.

More
13 years 4 months ago #93683 by lobo
If my memory serves me right I posted these situation for the same reason Dzem has refreshed it. It s about general attitude, nothing to do with pressing ESC during the game for whatever reason. Rather than jumping to conclusions calling someone cheater liar I prefer to take the benefit of the doubt. That s what I liked about Pallister s approach to aforementioned situation.

On a side note as discussion seems to drift in a ESC pressing direction. I don t do it no more myself for 2 reasons. I agree with what Playa said regarding consistency of tournaments leagues. Secondly I know for a fact many players do not appreciate it as they don t like special treatment. Fair enough. I still believe it s a nice gesture when someone doesn t want to take advantage of early injury or red card though.

P.S

Playa, I should ve let you press ESC in Fulda 2009 semi when the lights bursted and ask for a def win. ;D

More
13 years 4 months ago #93788 by Pallister
Interesting to read...again hehe.

Well, every opinion is good to know. And it s also good to know that everyone is free in his decision if he comes in such a situation...I meant it exactly as I wrote for example in that case with Xflea. He played a great tournament, and he d put a lot of effort in reaching the final. I d do it again if that situation shows up whenever again...he deserved to play a good match, and as long as it s in the first minutes I see no reason why I should ve stolen him that chance because of a stupid decision...

Time to create page: 0.216 seconds