Re: Long term strategy

More
17 years 4 months ago #13998 by Oli O.
Replied by Oli O. on topic Re: Long term strategy
In the last days of this year I ll meet Playa (and hopefully Redhair and ElMichaJ). Then we try testing my crazy idea of playing PC-SWOS on network/internet. :D

It has something to do with windows terminal sytem etc. My idea was that, if you can t modify SWOS, just modify Windows. ;D
The topic has been locked.
More
17 years 4 months ago #13999 by swoozh
Replied by swoozh on topic Re: Long term strategy
Sounds nice Oli O.

But I have no idea how you want to do that.. ;)
More
17 years 4 months ago - 17 years 4 months ago #14000 by Stromberg
Replied by Stromberg on topic Re: Long term strategy
At work there s some tool on my pc that allows an admin to login, see my screen and move mouse and type stuff, i can move the mouse and type stuff in the meanwhile too. So thats a possibility... I don t know if the VNC tools can do that or if only professional tools can. Maybe a field to explore. Anyway it is rather complicated. I still wonder why they rejected to put kaillera support to DOSBox :(

Edit: I just read that UltraVNC is capable of that. I have no time to explore it further now but let me hear if anyone has success :)
More
17 years 4 months ago #14001 by Oli O.
Replied by Oli O. on topic Re: Long term strategy
I start a new topic about PC-SWOS online ....;)
More
17 years 4 months ago - 17 years 4 months ago #14016 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic Re: Long term strategy

P.S. For instance: if I had wanted to come to Pirmasens last summer, there was NO CHANCE I could get a visa without one-two-three months torturing in German Embassy (or any EU-member s embassy). People from many countries have big problems to travel to EU, but, since most of the members on ss.de are from EU-countries, this is not the reason for small number of participants on tournaments.

This is not true!

We had send invitation letters to eg Yossarian and I contacted the German embassy that there are some people that need a visa. They told me that it is no problem, they just should show up and show the invitation. Visa will be handed out after a few day... no 3 month torture!

Here it is: host.ring23.com/playaveli/Einladung.pdf
More
17 years 4 months ago #14022 by Yossarian
Replied by Yossarian on topic Re: Long term strategy
I must say Playa is right (at least that s what they told him in the embassy - I didn t go there and check it out, but I have no reason not to trust him...)
Anyway we ll see next year how it goes. ;)

My problem with visa s are over anyway... ;D
More
17 years 4 months ago #14038 by GFC
Replied by GFC on topic Re: Long term strategy

This is not true!

We had send invitation letters to eg Yossarian and I contacted the German embassy that there are some people that need a visa. They told me that it is no problem, they just should show up and show the invitation. Visa will be handed out after a few day... no 3 month torture!

Here it is: host.ring23.com/playaveli/Einladung.pdf

Listen, mate,

I am inviting You to come here and to see by yourself. I know what I am talking about. I had a similar situation last year when I wanted to go to Austria. I recieved invitation letter, all necessary papers, etc two monthes before the time I should actually go there. And I didn t go, because I didn t get a visa in two months time.

Your source of information might be reliable, but the real life on the field is quite opposite.

I repeat - you should come and see. Then, if you find out I am wrong - tell me that I am not speaking the truth and I will appologize.
More
17 years 4 months ago #14039 by Playaveli
I spoke to the German consulate in Belgrad personally and told the office man in charge why a fast visa is necessary. He agreed to deliver it in a few days. They were really friendly. I don t see your point.

Unfortunately Yossarian did not show up to collect his visa due to personal reasons (no blame to him).

I can just tell you me personal experience and it is thoroughly positiv.
More
17 years 4 months ago - 17 years 4 months ago #14042 by GFC
Replied by GFC on topic Re: Long term strategy

I can just tell you me personal experience and it is thoroughly positiv.

I told you about my expirience too. I have reason to believe all EU countries have the same visa policy. That s why I think my Austria a expirience would repeat in Germany s case.

I will not argue on this subject anymore. Thanks.
More
17 years 4 months ago #14046 by Playaveli

I will not argue on this subject anymore. Thanks.

Well, we were never arguing about it. We just expressed our expiriences!

But maybe you like to join Sensible Days 2007 if you get a fast visa without torture... ;)
Time to create page: 0.229 seconds