Respect for your opponents

More
13 years 7 months ago #90073 by lemonheadiv
July s Champions League: Lemon vs Schulle.

The krec speaks for itself; I got a reaction which would be unjustified from any player as far as I m concerned, even more considering it comes from an organizer.
Attachments:
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 7 months ago #90074 by lemonheadiv
Chat log
Attachments:
More
13 years 7 months ago #90078 by Kanu
Replied by Kanu on topic Re: Respect for your opponents
lol

congrats, organizer
More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #93660 by Emmeti
Impressive , own goal + attitude; especially considering that is coming from an organizer and old member like him, that is really something.
Of course someone could say : maybe he had a bad day, I don t see anything really bad here ; I suggest someone to do the same thing and see the outcome (Results may vary).
Maybe someone couldn t be too concerned or bothered because in the end he won the game, however it s not about the result I think...

More
13 years 4 months ago #93662 by Playaveli
It s not good that there has been posted no answer from any ISSF admin/moderator in this topic!
That s a bad touch to ISSF reputation.
More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #93664 by Rock and Roll
In this case I felt (as an ISSF admin/committee member) it was better to leave this matter to be sorted out by the players themselves and / or the site admins, not the ISSF admins. Especially seeing as one of the players is himself one of the two big bosses of ISSF

In this case, if an action is warranted, then it should be by Schulle in my opinion. Not by me.
I didn t ignore it on purpose, I just didn t think I was the one who should reply.
I apologize if we got this wrong.

If the general consensus is that we should always investigate these matters, then I/we will in future.
More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #93666 by Retrieving

In this case I felt (as an ISSF admin/committee member) it was better to leave this matter to be sorted out by the players themselves and / or the site admins, not the ISSF admins. Especially seeing as one of the players is himself one of the two big bosses of ISSF

In this case, if an action is warranted, then it should be by Schulle in my opinion. Not by me.
I didn t ignore it on purpose, I just didn t think I was the one who should reply.
I apologize if we got this wrong.

If the general consensus is that we should always investigate these matters, then I/we will in future.

The thing is, had this been anybody else (barring those 3-4 oldschoolers who run the site and their buddies) he would ve been lynched right away and we d be reading a 30+ replies long thread with a bunch of pitchforks-holding-people circlejerking each other and going at great lenght to blame his attitude, conduct and lack of fairplay, lol. ;D

well, sorry for the result...all I can say is take it easy

There was no arrogance whatsoever in the above statement...to me it looks like Lemonhead was just feeling genuinely sorry for the outcome of the match (own goals and all).

In fact it seems like he respected the opponent to the point he wished for a closer match...and that s it.

So yeah, kinda uncalled for on Schulle s part. He clearly misunderstood Lemon s intentions entirely, especially if the ***** is supposed to be an insult.

Nothing big, don t get me wrong, stuff like this is bound to happen between people who are relying on a second language to communicate with each other, Lemon however is definitely due for an apology here. :)

More
13 years 4 months ago #93670 by Playaveli

The thing is, had this been anybody else (barring those 3-4 oldschoolers who run the site and their buddies) he would ve been lynched right away and we d be reading a 30+ replies long thread with a bunch of pitchforks-holding-people circlejerking each other and going at great lenght to blame his attitude, conduct and lack of fairplay, lol. ;D

Despite the smiley (which shall indicate any sort of humor?!), this is a pretty much baseless assumption.
Please omit those kind of unfounded assertions. They only cause confusion for no good reason.
More
13 years 4 months ago #93672 by Schulle
Yes - sorry!

Ah, and it is a topic which is from september and thus some (or better long ) time ago.

But nice to see people, at least I am only talking about mt653, sticking around in old graves...
More
13 years 4 months ago #93675 by Retrieving

(which shall indicate any sort of humor?!),

Yes, it s sarcasm and it s supposed to be funny lol, thought the smiley gave it away already.
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds