Wehre is evryone?

More
13 years 5 months ago #91485 by HairFU
Wehre is evryone? was created by HairFU
Hello,

after 18 Month out of playing SWOS online I m back at least to play some frindlies and ooo matches (maybe tournaments and leagues, too if I can find the time and passion - the time will tell ;) ). When I stop to play SWOS online the chat was allways full of players. Now I was online on IRC the last days and I recognize there was only 16 people online in average and the most people just stay and don t talk or react to my request. Is this the normal daily routine nowadays or did I just have try on the wrong week? Would be very sad, because it s very hard to arrange just one single friendly or ooo.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #91507 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic Re: Wehre is evryone?
If you join after 8 pm in the evening you shouldn t have any problems to find an opponent.

More
13 years 4 months ago #93097 by HairFU
Replied by HairFU on topic Re: Wehre is evryone?
Are you sure? I have now play again for a couple of days and it was the same. Only nearly the same players like to play (ok some nice exceptions). I still find it very hard to arrange a game. I also tested it on different times at day. Could it be that people slowly but surely lost interest in playing swos online?

More
13 years 4 months ago #93099 by lobo
Replied by lobo on topic Re: Wehre is evryone?
There are 52 people playing in ASL leagues only, not to mention national leagues. Somehow I have no problem arranging games...

More
13 years 4 months ago #93100 by HairFU
Maybe it s me. To unpopular player ;)

More
13 years 4 months ago #93114 by Pallister
Replied by Pallister on topic Re: Wehre is evryone?

Maybe it s me. To unpopular player ;)

HAHA yeah...like me ;D

More
13 years 4 months ago #93128 by lemonheadiv
Replied by lemonheadiv on topic Re: Wehre is evryone?

Hello,

after 18 Month out of playing SWOS online I m back at least to play some frindlies and ooo matches (maybe tournaments and leagues, too if I can find the time and passion - the time will tell ;) ). When I stop to play SWOS online the chat was allways full of players. Now I was online on IRC the last days and I recognize there was only 16 people online in average and the most people just stay and don t talk or react to my request. Is this the normal daily routine nowadays or did I just have try on the wrong week? Would be very sad, because it s very hard to arrange just one single friendly or ooo.

I would say it s routine...it s harder to play and there is almost no talk at all (unless you count the ooo lines as talking).

Could it be that people slowly but surely lost interest in playing swos online?

With an IRC channel like that? No way! ;)

There are 52 people playing in ASL leagues only, not to mention national leagues. Somehow I have no problem arranging games...

If I m not mistaken, HairFu was also talking about simple friendly matches...do I have to guess that you re just happy with the numbers or that you see a different reality where nobody lost interest and everything is fine as ever?

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #93132 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic Re: Wehre is evryone?
I never had any problems in arranging at least a friendly, especially in the evenings (from 6 to 10pm). And I join this channel since its foundation in 2002/3.
About that talking stuff I can only speak for myself: I know many players for years, and most of them in real life too. Many of them became friends. When I join the chat now and meet anyone of them I really prefer to chat in a private window. I never had any problems to have a conversation.

The IRC channel has nothing to do with people loosing interest. This conclusion doesn t work in any context.
We are just getting older and many old members moved on and stopped playing computer games (because of family, job, other hobbies etc. etc.).

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #93162 by lemonheadiv
Replied by lemonheadiv on topic Re: Wehre is evryone?
Well, the IRC channel, or better its ambience, has something to do with that if you ask me. Some chat/forum discussions also played their part, I think we all know that, don t we?.
The fact that we are getting older can t be the only cause for the decline of the userbase; if you love something, in this case SWOS, you will find some time for it (it doesn t matter how much, you will find it).
Still, the line here seems to be Problems? I don t see any problem here . Of course you are entitled to have your opinion.

What HairFu pointed out is pretty clear and easy to understand; less people, less playing, less talking (we were talking about the lack of public conversations, not about the private ones). I remember in 2007 for example there was not much talk but at least it was easier to find someone that would be eager to play fun cups and friendly leagues; was it just because there were more people or because there were different people?
Now It s too easy to quote statistics of how many people are currently playing in ASL and in National Leagues; aside from the fact that this is quite an elusive answer (and that there are less players anyway), you will always find people that are willing to play there because of the ranking; the same goes for ooo matches, if you care about the ranking you care about ooo .
Friendly leagues are just for fun and therefore less interesting to some people (unless you make them SRN effective but there goes the just for fun part). Just ask Rock n Roll about Nations Challenge.

More
13 years 4 months ago #93170 by HairFU
Well at least I where happy to play ooo matches if there just where more willing players. For me it isn t so important if ooo or friendly. What I mean is that it isn t impossible to find players, but at first it takes a lot of time to find an opponent. In old days (or before I stop) you could ask and get immediately a respond. Thats the different in my last days experience. Don t get me wrong, it is normale that people get other interests, but what happen with the other ones that are willing to play or at least stay on chat? I also missed the spontaneous form to play a small one night tournament for example (I try to organized and faild). If I study the overview right it is nearly 3 month agao when the last one night cup was played.

Time to create page: 0.204 seconds