Tactic rules

More
9 years 7 months ago #125428 by sanek
Replied by sanek on topic Re: Tactic rules
if its not such an advantage so why not 50/50 ?
The topic has been locked.
More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #125429 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic Re: Tactic rules

if its not such an advantage so why not 50/50 ?

Answer:

Quite simple:
- Normally it should be also allowed to use tactics in every game on Amiga. 50/50 rule with home player advantage is just a favor (!!) for the online community, who do not like tactics.

It stays like this:
Disallowing any option of the game is just a no-go. It s not EA Sports, but it s in the game ! ;)
More
9 years 7 months ago #125430 by sanek
Replied by sanek on topic Re: Tactic rules
ok than, so think at least about voting about it, rules always can be changed
it would be very interesting
sensidays are for people, not people for sensidays
More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #125431 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic Re: Tactic rules

ok than, so think at least about voting about it, rules always can be changed

A voting? then you have to vote before each Sensible Days. But not here in forum, in the tournament location, before or after group drawing.
Each year, new voting, with the players who are there. Someone who does not participate should NOT be allowed to vote.
Then you have disappointed guys, right there at the location. That s a big mess and a no-go!!!

Rules work fine since many many years, with record numbers of players in between. People know them, what they get is what they paid for (tournament fee).
They are no subject to change, at least for PC!
More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #125432 by AndYpsilon
Replied by AndYpsilon on topic Re: Tactic rules
I agree in one point with you Sanek: As we saw on last Sensi Days 30% of people uses Yours playa1 .

I don t like that either because to build your own tactic that functions well is a lot of work of testing and improving. I love this function the game provides us :)
I like when people try out building very different tactics like Playa, Ali, Redhair, Marty, Marin, Bomb, Rasmus, myself and so on.

Just taking the best player s tactic is easy.
Of course, it s no guarantee to win and the styles are different in spite of the same tactic.
However, this year we had two playa1 in the Top 4 of PC ;)

However, that s only my opinion.

As for tactics in general: They are a function of SWOS so why not use them? I d also prefer tactic in EVERY game in Amiga as well.
Because in my opnion in a World Cup there shouldn t be such tactical restrictions.
There are no tactic restriction in real WC as well - tell the Italians thy mustn t use catenaccio or tell Robben he mustn t fly after every (not-)foul ;)

However, it works fine for many years now - so let s keep it as it is :)
More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #125433 by djowGer
Replied by djowGer on topic Re: Tactic rules
I think the debate about the rule is certainly in place, considering pc swos online is getting closer. A general voting about it from random members is a bit useless imo. I would rather see some good arguments written here.

For my personal opinion, I was never really a big fan about tactics in the beginning, starting out online. Well, at that point of time, my knowledge of the game was very limited. Nowadays I feel different about the standard vs tactic games. Imo the standard tactics have soo many flaws and exploits you can abuse time and time again, if you know this well. IE the high diagonal crossing vs 541/523 (
). Against 424 pass it your wingers and go around the def. midfielder, and so on. These exploits really kills my motivation to play standard games lately.
On the other hand I also understand that tactic games can get TOO crowded near the ball resulting in messy gameplay. But I would rather have the option of positioning my players they way I want them to move instead of the fixed ones that came with the game.

About the Sensi Days Amiga 50/50 Tactic rule, surely I was never really happy with it. I have played 523 standard for i don t know how long, but i always prefered allround tactics. This doesn t help my consistency of play at all! In general i like it better when tactics is either totally allowed or not at all.
Some time ago the italians had an offline meeting doing exactly this. One tournament with tactics, and one without. For an event like Sensi Days, this will be a time schedule nightmare. In terms of having 2 tournament on PC, and 2 on AMIGA. For a tournament type like Sensi Days, It makes the most sense for me if tactics was allowed in every game, like back in 2007. The World Cup should be the place where you see the BEST players, playing their BEST both gameplay wise and tactical wise. Otherwise it is like playing with a handicap.
More
9 years 7 months ago #125434 by andib
Replied by andib on topic Re: Tactic rules
I dont know if it is a problem with tactics in every match on PC. Lots of the polish players do not use tactic and we have to consider that the polish community is the biggest of all SWOS-communties, so if they dont want to participate because of the tactic rule it could be a problem for sensi days. Though it hasnt been a problem so far, so it might not be a problem at all, but still something we have to consider.
More
9 years 7 months ago #125435 by AndYpsilon
Replied by AndYpsilon on topic Re: Tactic rules

For a tournament type like Sensi Days, It makes the most sense for me if tactics was allowed in every game, like back in 2007. The World Cup should be the place where you see the BEST players, playing their BEST both gameplay wise and tactical wise. Otherwise it is like playing with a handicap.

Exactly!
More
9 years 7 months ago #125436 by andib
Replied by andib on topic Re: Tactic rules

For a tournament type like Sensi Days, It makes the most sense for me if tactics was allowed in every game, like back in 2007. The World Cup should be the place where you see the BEST players, playing their BEST both gameplay wise and tactical wise. Otherwise it is like playing with a handicap.

Exactly!

Then you could say we should play sensi days with Superteams
More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #125437 by djowGer
Replied by djowGer on topic Re: Tactic rules
I support the idea of playing with superteams (for fairness reasons, and the argument that you are not limited in your gamestyle by your team, but only in your skills). But I also understand that this is even more controversial than tactics, since it is not a function which is possible to edit within the game!
Time to create page: 0.338 seconds