Re: Feedback after 10 days playing with 3MINS.....!!! Tell us your opinion!

More
17 years 3 weeks ago #18019 by Redhair

I tried 2 games against Playaveli with Superteams and 10 mins .. BORING!!
I

SWOS is never boring, 3 minutes, 5 minutes, 7 minutes, 10 minutes.

You like that?
The topic has been locked.
More
17 years 3 weeks ago #18026 by Playaveli

I think 3 minute matches its a more proffessional style of SWOS. Mistakes from players come at a higher price (less time to repair) its more encouraging to play safe.

---

And the ultimate SWOS timeoption: 10 minutes match in ASL 1

You contradict yourself here!

Your first point is exactly the reason why ooo and ASL is played with 3mins! It s a professional competition.

The player who makes the fewest mistakes, who has the most deadly attack and the best defense in 3mins is the deserved winner of the best and highest leveled league in the world...the ASL champion.

The reason why ooo is 3mins is pretty much the same. The results have effect on the also professional ranking. The same arguments as above should make a player climb up the ranking. If you look for challange and competition, just take part and prove yourself.

Otherwise play in all the nice friendly cups and other type of tournaments that are organized on ss.de all the time. And if nothing is fitting your taste, just start your own cups with your own rules. Everybody is welcomed and allowed to create HIS personal style of tournament / league / cup.
And be sure, all your rules will be respected and obeyed to!
More
17 years 3 weeks ago #18047 by LIK

I tried 2 games against Playaveli with Superteams and 10 mins .. BORING!!
I

SWOS is never boring, 3 minutes, 5 minutes, 7 minutes, 10 minutes.

You like that?

Yes i like all game times.

But i agree for league time to be short, only because a lot of games to play.
Some international standards and professional level comments offcourse i dont agree with.
I agree that it is your league and you can do whatever you want (even put only pass goal counts rule and something like that :=) ) .
More
17 years 3 weeks ago #18051 by Emmeti

Your first point is exactly the reason why ooo and ASL is played with 3mins! It s a professional competition.

The player who makes the fewest mistakes, who has the most deadly attack and the best defense in 3mins is the deserved winner of the best and highest leveled league in the world...the ASL champion.

The reason why ooo is 3mins is pretty much the same. The results have effect on the also professional ranking. The same arguments as above should make a player climb up the ranking. If you look for challange and competition, just take part and prove yourself.

To Playaveli : i would like to understand..., could you please explain me the professional competition concept?
More
17 years 3 weeks ago - 17 years 3 weeks ago #18053 by Redhair
Well, I m tired of that ironic remarks, like to hear words as international standards , again and again. We live spotted in whole Europe and we have some problems to understand us. There is no written book of standards and especially not about SWOS and how you have to play etc., OK? But in fact almost every player who played SWOS in his life, he played 3 mins. games (every game in a career for example), right? And in almost all offline events the game lenght is 3 mins. So, if you call it standard or not, it s up to you. I did it. Maybe you have a problem with it and it s not the right word for you, sorry.

We want to compare our SWOS skills with the rest of the world and they are almost all used to play 3 mins. Also in our own offline competitions! We want to adapt the online-gaming competitions (we organize) to the offline competitions, to Sensible Days and some others, just like WST in Serbia or ISSA in Denmark, for example. That s what I meant with it. Just wanted to say, this should be the same fair base for all competitions, online or offline. We don t dictate what you have to do. Every organizer can set the rules for his competition, in the past, like now and in future. Is it wrong to find the right base for all? As we have to speak english as the base language here! Don t you agree?

Well, I don t know why you say SWOS is fun in 10 mins. I mean, sure, it is fun. But we compare 3 mins. with 5 mins. and 10 mins. And if I say boring I don t mean that SWOS is boring, what I mean is, that in relation to 3 mins. games with original teams, 10 mins. with Superteams is boring (still better than FIFA HAHA). Difficult to explain, but I m sure you don t want to understand, so I will stop wasting my time with justifications.
More
17 years 3 weeks ago - 17 years 3 weeks ago #18054 by Emmeti
Mine wasn t ironic remark!
blame lost in translation, but considering playaveli is talking about professional competition ... may i know what is that?

We speak different languages, i know...and exactly for that reason i would like to clearly understand what he s talking about, instead of replying or quoting something i didn t understand.

I must ask teutopheus to be 100% sure , but i think his poll is about do you like the 3 mins rule as default?

I think he s aware he can create a custom competition with the rules he wants, i think this is not about that, but once again, maybe i didn t get the sense...
More
17 years 3 weeks ago #18055 by Redhair
I meant LIK s post with ironic remarks.

Well, I understand a professional competition as a competition on the highest SWOS level. Not as professional as the participants earn money with playing SWOS hehehe

Yes, we speak different languages, don t take all too serious, not all written words are meant like you understand.

I would say, that Teuto wants the 5 mins. rule back, and started the poll to see, how many others think similar. That s all.
More
17 years 3 weeks ago - 17 years 3 weeks ago #18057 by Playaveli

Well, I understand a professional competition as a competition on the highest SWOS level. Not as professional as the participants earn money with playing SWOS hehehe

That is your answer, Marco! ;)

I mean it exactly like Redhair told. Sorry, if language confused my point.

---

I agree that it is your league and you can do whatever you want

Thanks!

PS: Your other comments aren t necessarily a credit to yourself... Your niveau is too high to talk trash! I have a higher opinion of you in general!
More
17 years 3 weeks ago #18059 by LIK

Thanks!

PS: Your other comments aren t necessarily a credit to yourself... Your niveau is too high to talk trash! I have a higher opinion of you in general!

Hmm..
If i got this right, you are telling me my other comments were trash ?
More
17 years 3 weeks ago - 17 years 3 weeks ago #18070 by Emmeti
Redhair , reading all post, i really do believe we must blame the lost in translation...

btw when i read this from you:
We want to adapt the online-gaming competitions (we organize) to the offline competitions
i understand now why i can t understand your point, because as an online player i don t see the need to adapt to anything offline.
Probably you see the point where those two worlds, so different for me, but ,apparently, very close for you, meet each other.
Probably ss.de is more an offline movement than i thought it was and that explains why my insisting on the online community as a world itself was often misunderstood ; i always thought ss.de was not related to ISSA or WST (that are pc swos offline not amiga emu online) in any way, but apparently i was wrong there too. Sorry for all the misunderstandings, case closed

My point about professional swos, btw, is more technical and easy to explain:
if i take in consideration the chances i have to beat a player , to name one, coolio and i would put on a scale , i would say : 3mins hard, but possible, 5 mins very hard but still statistically possible , 7mins almost impossible - 10 mins... do i really want to try? :D
So taking this scale as an example , playing with a swos master, would be easier for me to win with a short amount of time and beating him with 10 mins would be kinda the greatest achievement ever here in ss.de, so i would say , if you ask me, a short amount of time is less professional , because with more time to play my opponents skills (in this example , coolio) would prevail 99/100 if not 100/100 and this is , in my opinion, what is swos is all about, skills.
Obviously taking that scale in consideration, without that scale, it s like i said blah blah blah.
For a strong player (starting from the point he s stronger than you ) , maybe 3 mins could be a great challenge, because he s giving you a chance and he s basically playing against the clock , not only against you. But i would not be happy to find out i am not a challenge for my opponent and that he needs an extra to have some drama.
The more the 2 players have same skills, the more the amount of time is irrilevant, but considering that is quite impossible to have 2 identical skilled players, sure a longer game would give more indications (comparing an identical amount of games played , i.e. 100 3 mins games compared to 100 5 mins games) on who s stronger than who - I hope i don t have to explain you why.
Considering the desynch problem...7 - 10 mins games are not the best choice, too many games would desynch before the 90th...so 5 mins would be the next best thing :) . of course, if you want to see the more skilled to prevail.

So my point is , for me more professional is where you see the skills prevail (especially on the long run), the more you can gain lucky wins, the less the game is professional, as simple as that...
Time to create page: 0.240 seconds