DIY league within the tournament

More
16 years 7 months ago #25780 by Wänä81
Yes , right that can happen , but it´s my mistake than . When you takle my best attacker , why i must play without him in the next matches ! That is frustrating . Sorry :P

It s harsh, but don t blame injuries when you don t have the skills to achieve a better result, even with injuries. Blame your skills.

As i said : Greetz from the weaker side of life ;)
The topic has been locked.
More
16 years 7 months ago #25781 by Redhair
I think everyone can have some advantages or disadvantages because of injuries, but in my case I played without my best players where I thought I can win anyway. That s something tactical which is in the game . I like that and I don t want to miss that. If you need a special player to win, you are just not good enough.
More
16 years 7 months ago #25786 by Eleven

My view is injuries and suspensions just add up to a tournament drama.
Comparing to a real life soccer - no manager ever has a comfort of playing with full squad, and its when their mastercraft can be seen.
At Sensi Days I played maybe 3-4 games with a full squad it was really anoying but still I wouldnt change the rules. Actually I wished yellow cards from the games would be recorded and suspensions implied (just like Champions League for example).
And I am really glad that many people have different views which makes every tournament unique.

May be for online tournaments. But for offline, some players coming from far away, and why shouldn t they play with their complete squads every match?
And we can not compare it with real football. Because we can t say : Oh my Suker did not play very well today or Suker wasn t good enough so I took him off from the pitch and my young subtitute player has done very vell ... I mean you can t increase performances of your players like real managers do.

I know i didn t play well on group stage and did not reserved to qualify. But, it may be a big step for an average player as me to get into quarterfinals, if i could have played with my full forwards.
More
16 years 7 months ago #25788 by Wänä81

I think everyone can have some advantages or disadvantages because of injuries, but in my case I played without my best players where I thought I can win anyway. That s something tactical which is in the game . I like that and I don t want to miss that. If you need a special player to win, you are just not good enough.

1. I don´t want an advantage, i want a fair competition

2. If you can win with injured players , you are a SWOS-GOD ( so why you don´t win the cup ....?)

3. It´s pity, you said i am not good enough! I must draw my conclusion from the answer that i´m not worth to play against SWOS-LEGENDS

Result for me = If you can t make it you re a worthless piece of swos junk :(

More
16 years 7 months ago #25791 by M4RK
i dont think its only the tactical thing which my thought about this subject is positve

there is some other:

U have to adjust your playingstyle as well...

within friendly matches.. u can go as crazy as u like.. just run in to the man.. dribble around him.. dribble again.. shoot - GOAALLL (in real: would you run into materazzi?)

but if u do this in diy league this will break some legs.. u have to shoot or pass earlier - on this way u give have the smallest chance on injuries

NOTE: THIS DOESNT SAY U WILL HAVE LESS INJURIES THEN SOMEBODY WHO PLAYS LIKE A MANIAC.. but overal.. if u compare 20 players playing less forced then 20 maniacs.. the difference will be there

+

the tactical stuff about substition before the game.. during the game...

+

ITS THE GAME... IT SHOULD BE LIKE THAT

+

There is no way to manipulate the gameplan.. if u have to play u just have to play... u cant say: im tired now im going to sleep for 10 matches (hehehehhehehehe)

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

On the other hand:

Luck and unluck will always remain a factor.. no matter how u try it... u can have influence on it.. but it will stay
More
16 years 7 months ago - 16 years 7 months ago #25797 by Playaveli

2. If you can win with injured players , you are a SWOS-GOD ( so why you don´t win the cup ....?)

3. It´s pity, you said i am not good enough! I must draw my conclusion from the answer that i´m not worth to play against SWOS-LEGENDS

1. Then you should really consider to use superteams.

2. Redhair wasn t kick out in the group phase (which we are talking about here).

3. *sigh*...

ITS THE GAME... IT SHOULD BE LIKE THAT

Good point and valuable for our tournament. We want to play SWOS 96/97....not only because of the nice gameplay. We want to include everything what is possible in this game into our tournament. Free team choice, tactic editor and tournament editor (-- DIY). No limits to anything...

Enough from me in this topic. It s all been said. We re turning round in circles.

The opinions are equalled circa. In this topic are 7-8 pro DIY, and 5-6 against. It would continue like this.
More
16 years 7 months ago - 16 years 7 months ago #25802 by Redhair

Result for me = If you can t make it you re a worthless piece of swos junk :(

Sorry, but what the hell are you writing here? I did never write or mean something related to that you ve posted here. It just sounds you are crying in pillow. In my opinion it was a fair competition. I was just talking about tactical things and that players need more creativity than one move with a special player to reach the next round. That s all, nothing to do with worth or something like that, it sounds like the childish way to find excuses. You should learn to lose.
More
16 years 7 months ago #25804 by M4RK
alright
maybe it wasnt such a good idea to open this topic

i was just curious if anybody changed his mind on this subject... but there is clearly 2 camps: pro - anti anti - pro

can this topic be closed pls :)
More
16 years 7 months ago #25805 by Wänä81
I don´t need any excuses . I can lose -- ask Pallister . Learn to accept critical words ;)
More
16 years 7 months ago #25806 by M4RK
CLOSE
LOSE
OSE
SE
E
E
SE
ASE
EASE