[MAC OSX - TUTORIAL] AMIGA - SWOS 96/97 & 16/17

More
3 years 2 weeks ago #137474 by Playaveli
There is no "native" app... it's the same process like I did on your computer! What you can download here is also done with wine bottler!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 2 weeks ago #137476 by captaincofresi
Ok, so the best thing to do for me now is to remove Amiga SWOS that is installed and re-install it in Wine Bottler as you did yesterday? And just stick to the fixed window to make sure I get 50fps. And also try it with or without the Direct X. Because on my OSX 10.7.5 (Lion) it seems resize always goes haywire ;-).

More
3 years 2 weeks ago #137477 by Playaveli

Ok, so the best thing to do for me now is to remove Amiga SWOS that is installed and re-install it in Wine Bottler as you did yesterday? And just stick to the fixed window to make sure I get 50fps. And also try it with or without the Direct X. Because on my OSX 10.7.5 (Lion) it seems resize always goes haywire ;-).

Correct!

And if you have problems with version-switch, then just install two of them... one with 96/97, one with 16/17 chosen on first time! :)
Problems solved!

More
3 years 2 weeks ago - 3 years 1 week ago #137479 by captaincofresi
Thanks, I finally have tested the mac version of Amiga SWOS. I now understand what the Wine Bottler does, wrapping the file in a Windows Emulator (Wine) with certain preconfigured settings (as you show in the screenshot on this forum). In the end, it just looks like my old white Macbook (3GB memory, 2.7Ghz Core 2 Duo) is just too old to run a Amiga emulator whitin a Windows emulator and do online play. It then gets stuck at 40 FPS.

Offline play works fine at 50FPS, the 96/97 to 16/17 switch works again and I can use the savedisk if I like to discover some of the 16/17 teams used for online play. Then I just use the default fixed window 672 x 544, hide the dock, and switch my resolution to 1024x640 ;-). On my mac the resizing doesn't work, if I use the default it works like a charm.

So all in all, I will just use PC for online play ;-) until I have the time to set up a multiboot with Windows on my Mac, that might still work. Then I just kinda figure I do need to have an ehternet connection or real fast wifi to get it to work.

• matt
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #139310 by matt
Easy way is here: gamesnostalgia.com/search?q=sensible+soccer+amiga

Mac OS X bundled game and emulator : one click

More
2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #139313 by Playaveli

Easy way is here: gamesnostalgia.com/search?q=sensible+soccer+amiga

Mac OS X bundled game and emulator : one click

Well, this is just a bundled games loader (FS-UAE based) and doesn't work from scratch for most people.
Not recommendable.

Also, it isn't compatible to our online version of SWOS.

I have compiled a new version for most recent OSX update (High Sierra):
drive.google.com/open?id=1BNkKxhSZ8s99r-HSfmNxfB2oG3l0xWHu

Please try it!

(If you want to play on FS-UAE (which is indeed great!) without configure-hassle better go for www.amigalive.com )

More
1 year 10 months ago #140034 by Gizmaster0
I have tried and failed.  Downloaded the Sensible soccer App but it wont open.  Either tries to the closes or message says nothing to play it on.

I have MacBook pro but I just dont have the computer skills to fix it to work.  Can anyone help please?

More
1 year 10 months ago #140035 by Playaveli

I have tried and failed.  Downloaded the Sensible soccer App but it wont open.  Either tries to the closes or message says nothing to play it on.

I have MacBook pro but I just dont have the computer skills to fix it to work.  Can anyone help please?

Download SWOS 96/97 & 16/17: files.swos.eu/aswos/Setup_ASWOS.exe

Download Winebottler for MAC: winebottler.kronenberg.org
Once downloaded, add both apps in the package to your programs (Wine + Winebottler)

Then start Winebottler.
Go to "ADVANCED"

Then do everything as seen on the screenshots listed below!
At the end, make sure to select "ASWOS.exe" as prefix, see last screenshot!

After it's done, you have created your own Amiga SWOS app, and you can start it from Desktop!

Enjoy!

• Jrue2
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 months 3 weeks ago #141633 by Jrue2
Trying to install this on my Mac and it installs just fine (the app doesn't work, but I can install with Wine Bottler). But whether I click "join game" or "host game", a SWOS window opens as Career Mode, not Kaillera. Any ideas?

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #141635 by Playaveli

Trying to install this on my Mac and it installs just fine (the app doesn't work, but I can install with Wine Bottler). But whether I click "join game" or "host game", a SWOS window opens as Career Mode, not Kaillera. Any ideas?

Had this issue before!
You have to go with Crossover. Will help you on Discord.

Time to create page: 0.188 seconds