How to add a DIY file to an Amiga SWOS offline savedisk?

More
5 years 9 months ago #139634 by captaincofresi
Hi,

Can anyone tell me how I can add a DIY file to Amiga SWOS (the newest Windows program) offline savedisk?
This can be either the career.adf or the career_1617.adf, whatever works best.

I would like to play the WC 2018 DIY file, and in that post there is not explination at all. So I thought best to post it here, where I would expect a tutorial on this.

kind regards,
Cofresi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #139636 by captaincofresi

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how I can add a DIY file to Amiga SWOS (the newest Windows program) offline savedisk?
This can be either the career.adf or the career_1617.adf, whatever works best.

I would like to play the WC 2018 DIY file, and in that post there is not explination at all. So I thought best to post it here, where I would expect a tutorial on this.

kind regards,
Cofresi

EDIT: *** just seen that the WC 2018 DIY file, is a PC file, not an Amiga file, my bad ::). Already posted a request on the Amiga forum.

Funny how I keep answering my own questions on this forum ;-) - just use this: www.viksoe.dk/code/downloads/adfview.zip when using the Windows version.

Additional question: I also have FS-UAE installed with a SWOS version for the Amiga, there I think I have to be in the folder /users/myusername/documents/fs-uae/Save States/SWOS 96 - 97/ where the file Save Disk.sdf is. But I have no idea to open this in Windows 10. Would also really like to know how I can add a diy in FS-UAE, since I sometimes also use that on my Mac.

More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #139647 by Playaveli
Total Commander, and AmigaDX plug in!
Google does it!

About FS-UAE:
This emulator doesn t write to the actual ADF file. It makes temporary copies with a different suffix.

More
5 years 9 months ago #139653 by captaincofresi
Thanks, I will add this to my Sensi notes :) , now just waiting on a WC 2018 DIY for Amiga, already seen the PC version on the forum though.

More
5 years 9 months ago #139654 by captaincofresi

Total Commander, and AmigaDX plug in! Google does it!

About FS-UAE:
This emulator doesn t write to the actual ADF file. It makes temporary copies with a different suffix.

Well, it doesn t here.

When I have installed the AmigaDX plug in, in Total Commander it does not open the Save Disk.sdf file at all. Already tried renaming it to ADF / HDF, doesn t work either. So is the SDF file then in reality one of these suffix s below?

On the AmigaDX plugin: With this plugin you can extract/view ADF, DMS, ADZ, HDF, HDZ, DMP file types for Amiga Emulators (WinUAE, U*AE).

More
5 years 9 months ago #139658 by Playaveli
Forget the SDF file. I already said above, it s a special FS-UAE file, as FS-UAE doesn t alter or rather save things on the actual ADF. It makes a copy for a larger and faster amiga file, called SDF. Don t mess with it. If you want changes, start over and use the ADF file.

More
5 years 9 months ago #139662 by captaincofresi
Thanks, I will look into this later. It is not the most pressing matter now, since I do just mostly use the Windows version of Amiga SWOS to play nowadays.

Is there maybe a way to convert the WC 2018 PC diy file to an Amiga file? ::)

More
5 years 9 months ago #139663 by Playaveli

Is there maybe a way to convert the WC 2018 PC diy file to an Amiga file? ::)

No!

More
5 years 9 months ago #139669 by captaincofresi
Okay, that clears that up ;) ;D

More
4 years 7 months ago #141774 by captaincofresi

Forget the SDF file. I already said above, it s a special FS-UAE file, as FS-UAE doesn t alter or rather save things on the actual ADF. It makes a copy for a larger and faster amiga file, called SDF. Don t mess with it. If you want changes, start over and use the ADF file.

Although it is in relation to this matter, I now have a different set up: A new Macbook with FS-UAE running and it can run Fullscreen :-). The only problem I am facing is, how / where is the ADF file located if it is used at all? Since the saved highlights / tournaments go to the Save Disk.sdf file, so I might be able to open this and add custom tactics?

Now for the ADF file that normally contains the team, I think these are stored in the SWOS.zip file that FS-UAE Uses as the harddisk, I do see a data folder there containing e.g. TEAM.000 to TEAM.085. So is there a way I could copy the SWOS 16/17 update to this zip file? So I can use it offline, since my Macbook is portable I could then play SWOS anywhere in the world ;-) with an updated database.

Time to create page: 0.250 seconds