Sensible Days 2015 ?

9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #125360 by ElMichaJ
well... ^^ after the days is before the days :D

so ... i heard about some first applications for it, but here is the official posting.

which organizer wants to do the Sensible Days 12 in 2015 ?

Requirement Topic
www.sensiblesoccer.de/forum/index.php?topic=19233.0

Hey Hey Hey .... El Micha J !!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 8 months ago #125367 by andib
Replied by andib on topic Re: Sensible Days 2015 ?
From requirements

- minimum 6 moderators, who help to organize the events.
- moderators can be from the same coutry, or people who join the event as players (ask them!)

We were 3 (or 4) with Colin, so it is possible to do with less moderators than 6.

More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #125368 by AndYpsilon
Replied by AndYpsilon on topic Re: Sensible Days 2015 ?

Would be cool with Days in Poland again. Poland is still the country with most swos members on the website, so it will be a sensible choice. :)
I also wonder if there is is still interest to host the tournament in Hungary or North Italy? Hawkz, bromberg, Retri, sox?

Or perhaps English residents such as torpedo, lobo or sensibleswos, would be interested in bringing it to UK?

I also heard some rumour about bringing it back to Fulda, Pirmasens or perhaps Hamburg? ;)

What we missed this year was obviously cheaper flights to Billund. Small airports cannot deliver this I guess. Only to popular big cities in Europe. Perhaps this should be taken into consideration for a new hosting country/city.

UK would be great - Sensi Days has to be in the motherland of SWOS one day. Lobo - is this realistic?

Hungary and Italy also have SWOS communitys and would be an option in the future. However, as already discussed before previous editions, maybe there should be a bigger international tournament first.

Poland is always an option - biggest offline community, all the necessary equipment. For me one of the favourites for the next edition.
What about Czech Republic? Prague would be a suitable place for this for sure.

Personally I m against Sensi Days in Germany next year. It has been there just last year and many times before.

P.S. @Djowger: 100 euros for a flight to Billund and back is a cheap prize ;) I think bigger cities couldn t offer better options.

More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #125369 by Emmeti
Replied by Emmeti on topic Re: Sensible Days 2015 ?
First of all congrats to all Sensidays 2014 participants (and especially to winners :) )
It s a great thing you re doing, keeping Swos alive...

I am not talking on behalf of the Italian community, just my opinion.
In Italy there s no Offline community (as far as I know) and that s the first problem.

I made a couple of attempts in the past to create an offline movement, but people were just not interested. I managed to organize a couple of small reunions with some old ss.de members anyway, it s true, but that wasn t even close to my expectations, especially compared to my effort. Just impossible to repeat similar small events and I can say I tried, noone was interested.
Some of the reasons I heard from other people : too busy with other things in life, don t want to spend any money (and some wouldn t even join a free event), don t want to travel (and spend) for swos , just not interested playing offline.
It wouldn t make sense a sensidays in Italy without a big part of the italian community...

Also, organizers.
You won t find many people interested for that too. Maybe they join the event, but don t ask them to help you or do something. I m pretty sure it s like this in almost every community or in a small group of friends that play offline.
A few years ago I bought all the necessary Amiga Hardware (monitors, amiga 1200s, video cables) for a sensidays with the help of lemonheadiv, plus we started buying controllers.
At some point a couple of years ago I was so disappointed nobody was interested in offline (even for a very low cost small event) that I decided to sell everything I had and not to play swos offline anymore.
Even telling them something like tell me a date you are available, you don t have to pay anything here if you don t want to, I ll pay for the room, free food and drinks, all hardware available, you just have to come here and play didn t work.
Back to organization, except for lemonheadiv nobody else was even remotely interested in organizing, however, talking about sensidays, I consider 6 organizers a bit too much, 3-4 I am sure would be enough (as long as they have the money for advanced payments and organization).

Northern Italy would be a perfect location, especially the area where I live, near Orio al Serio Airport (a lot of low-cost flights). Milan would be ok too, but location there would cost a lot more than anywhere else.

Another problem is in Italy you won t find those cheap and big hostels you can find in northern Europe. Choice is very limited, many places have this but not that , prices are higher than in other nations (and often offer lower standards ).
To rent a place for a 3-4 days event would cost way way more here than in other countries and no organizers/no people interested means noone wants to pay a cent for organization.

I would be happy to see sensidays in Italy one day, but at the moment is highly unlikely.

More
9 years 8 months ago #125370 by andib
Replied by andib on topic Re: Sensible Days 2015 ?
Looks like Sensi Days wont be in Italy in the near future but I have to comment on this:

Another problem is in Italy you won t find those cheap and big hostels you can find in northern Europe. Choice is very limited, many places have this but not that , prices are higher than in other nations (and often offer lower standards ).
To rent a place for a 3-4 days event would cost way way more here than in other countries and no organizers/no people interested means noone wants to pay a cent for organization.

Hotels in Denmark are EXPENSIVE. Just ask Marin and others who stayed on a hotel, when they were here. We booked a boyscout-house and got it to a quite a nice price, but it was far away from everything and I guess if people have to complain about something in Denmark, it should be about that.

It wouldnt have been affordable to anyone if it had been on a hotel e.g. close to Copenhagen like they did in Berlin last year.

More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #125371 by Emmeti
Replied by Emmeti on topic Re: Sensible Days 2015 ?

Looks like Sensi Days wont be in Italy in the near future [...]

I would like to be clear: that s just my opinion.
I really would like to know the opinion of other italians on this subject.

Hotels in Denmark are EXPENSIVE. Just ask Marin and others who stayed on a hotel, when they were here. We booked a boyscout-house and got it to a quite a nice price, but it was far away from everything and I guess if people have to complain about something in Denmark, it should be about that.

It wouldnt have been affordable to anyone if it had been on a hotel e.g. close to Copenhagen like they did in Berlin last year.

As I said we have not many hostels in Italy and everything here is expensive, especially considering what you get in return: tourists know that well.

So it s almost impossible to find a hostel with enough rooms, enough space, not to mention close to a city. If you re lucky to find something similar to your boyscout-house here maybe they have the rooms but not the space for the event, or the opposite or they don t allow noise after 24 or it s not clean... etc. etc. and it would still be more expensive than any other place in sensidays history.
Unless you own a hostel or something like that (or you know well someone who does) or you know an agriturismo big enough for sensidays that offers you a huge discount, you ll have no luck here.

More
9 years 8 months ago #125372 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic Re: Sensible Days 2015 ?

From requirements

- minimum 6 moderators, who help to organize the events.
- moderators can be from the same coutry, or people who join the event as players (ask them!)

We were 3 (or 4) with Colin, so it is possible to do with less moderators than 6.

Sure. 3 local guys are fine.
But don t forget 3 other guys are always taking care of some minor / major stuff.
In Denmark you had RocknRoll (results etc.), myself (PCs), a cook, and some other guys helping (Paider, Lobo etc etc.).

That s why it says 6 !

More
9 years 8 months ago #125373 by lemonheadiv
Sadly I must confirm what Emmeti wrote about our offline movement. So far it has been practically non-existent.

Aside from our unsuccessful attempts to find someone willing to spend some money on hardware, we ve found out that the main obstacle is the lack of interest in participating to such events.

As far as hardware goes, I have two Amiga 1200 systems, three Amiga monitors (2 CM8833-II and a 1084s), two keypads, some video cables and joystick splitters. I have no PC or X360 hardware though.
I could probably organize a small Amiga event on my own but certainly not something like Sensi Days.

More
9 years 8 months ago #125377 by djowGer
Replied by djowGer on topic Re: Sensible Days 2015 ?

Sadly I must confirm what Emmeti wrote about our offline movement. So far it has been practically non-existent.

Aside from our unsuccessful attempts to find someone willing to spend some money on hardware, we ve found out that the main obstacle is the lack of interest in participating to such events.

As far as hardware goes, I have two Amiga 1200 systems, three Amiga monitors (2 CM8833-II and a 1084s), two keypads, some video cables and joystick splitters. I have no PC or X360 hardware though.
I could probably organize a small Amiga event on my own but certainly not something like Sensi Days.

What you have collected already, is a great start. Im quite sure also Retri also have some A1200 equipment. Most likely you ll only need equipment for 4 systems on both PC/AMIGA. If you get the Serbians on board, you probably don t have to worry about PC equipment either. What Im trying to say is that usually other people chip in with extra equipment for the greater good :)

In 2012 the hoster had no equipment whatsoever, but people helped out and it turned out okay in the end. Don t give up just because you had some lack of interest in the past. But of course if the willingness to do the work is not present anymore, then you shouldn t go any further. It is plenty of work to organize an event like this, and still trying to keep the costs as low as possible.

More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #125410 by lemonheadiv

What you have collected already, is a great start. Im quite sure also Retri also have some A1200 equipment. Most likely you ll only need equipment for 4 systems on both PC/AMIGA. If you get the Serbians on board, you probably don t have to worry about PC equipment either. What Im trying to say is that usually other people chip in with extra equipment for the greater good :)

In 2012 the hoster had no equipment whatsoever, but people helped out and it turned out okay in the end. Don t give up just because you had some lack of interest in the past. But of course if the willingness to do the work is not present anymore, then you shouldn t go any further. It is plenty of work to organize an event like this, and still trying to keep the costs as low as possible.

Yes, I know it s not a bad start and we also thought that a joint effort of the Italian and Serbian communities could be the solution.

However hardware is only the last of my concerns, the first being money. If I find other organizers willing to put money for renting a location everything might change. The point is that when you struggle to get anyone to join even the smallest event (no tournament fees involved), it s very unlikely to get someone not only to join but also to put money and time on organizing.

I wrote that so far our movement has been practically non-existent and that doesn t mean that it will always be like that, or so I hope. Personally I d first try to put together a couple of small events during the year and get some people interested in offline. That way if we organize a Sensi Days edition we could hope to have some of our online players there to participate.

Time to create page: 0.311 seconds