Re: Can you edit player names within a swos.hdf file - instead of a data folder?

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #60540 by ro32x
The version of swos\winuae\kaillera i m running has a [disks] folder containing [swos.hdf] and [save.hdf]
I notice other versions have a [data] folder containing files you can edit to change player names etc with an editor
Anybody know if you can use an editor to change names within a [swos.hdf] file? and how to re-save it?
I asume this is how its done because some poeple release updates by getting you to download a new [swos.hdf]
Any help would be grateful

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #60541 by Playaveli
The data folder is inside the HDF... ;)

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #60545 by ro32x
ok so do you need to extract the data folder? then edit it, then repackage the hdf?
if so, can anyone explain how?
thanks

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #60546 by Playaveli
Download and install ADF View:
www.viksoe.dk/code/downloads/adfview.zip

It s a shell extension for Windows. You can open ADF and HDF files like folders and copy/cut files in and out.
Use SWOES Editor to edit the Data folder.

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #60569 by ro32x
ok i installed adf viewer, doubled clicked [swos.hdf]
right-click on the [data] folder, then [copy] and [paste] into an explorer window
used swos editor v1.3 to edit the data folder and changed 1 player name in the liverpool team, then saved and quit editor
but when i try to copy/paste or cut\paste back into the adf viewer window it says:

warning, cannot complete operation, the disk is full
please free up disk space by deleting one or more files, then retry the operation untill there is sufficient free space on the volume

the error also happens if cut (not copy) the [data] folder from the adf, then paste back in

i noticed however if i copy out of hdf, but dont edit, then copy back (overwriting) it doesn t error, cutting back does error

i m confused
any ideas?

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #60572 by Kanu
Try using a blank formatted ADF and paste edited files into it

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #60614 by ro32x
wonderful Sociopatic, thanks for your help

here is how its done:

- firstly make sure ADF View has been installed
- Right-click in any folder within an explorer window
- Choose [new\amiga disk file]
- Select [hard file] and leave [preset size] to far left (2mb) and click [finish]
- Rename the created [New Amiga Disk File.adf] to [swos.hdf]
- Now you can copy paste edited player data files into this disk file

• JesseCuster
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 10 months ago - 14 years 10 months ago #65606 by JesseCuster
EDIT: i figrued out by my self, now it works for me....thx anyway!!

i tried it too, but for me it stops in the editor...

i used adf view and i can explore the hdf....but when i use the editor i cant load nothing..i give him the datafolder path, nothing happen.... ::) and whats up with this set pc swos exe path and amiga swos 2 path ?

any chance to get a little tutorial?

More
14 years 10 months ago - 14 years 10 months ago #67002 by Synchronated
The PC SWOS exe path and Amiga SWOS2 path are the paths of the executable game files for SWOS.
These don t need to be edited; that facility is only really there for experiments with changing league structures (which often result in crashes etc).

The data folder needs to be copied from the HDF to somewhere else, a normal windows folder. Then you can unpack the data files using RNC ProPack, edit them with SWOES, fix foreign market with Pablo Fridlender s SWOS Editor (otherwise you will get bugs when transferring players in career mode), pack them up again with RNC ProPack, then put the changed data folder back in the HDF.

Sounds tricky but you get used to it. SWOES might be able to do the pack/unpack thing automatically, I m not sure. Always done it manually.

More
13 years 11 months ago #83451 by archetyper
Is there some bugs or crashes in swos when you editet teams on thet way? Is there crash at the end of career season or in some friendlies (during choosing teams in some leagues)?

Time to create page: 0.243 seconds