Has anyone tried turning Amiga SWOS into a 'modern' football management game?

• Ezio
  • Ezio's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 2 months ago #132246 by Ezio
I was looking at football management games like Championship Manager and Football Manager recently, to kill some time on my tablet, but compared to SWOS they are amazingly limited.

Okay, so SWOS wasn t perfect and would need someone to address some of the issues (players never retire, player values don t persist if you sell them or change clubs, new players don t really come through except at your own club, teams never conduct transfers except with you), but the breadth of teams was amazing. SWOS had leagues from around the world on six continents - okay, so some of them were very small leagues, but they were at least there - while CM and FM have only a handful unless you buy the expansion packs. I might want to try and get to the Asian Champions League with a team from Vietnam s third division, just because, but outside of European teams CM and FM are not

SWOS is also light and simple and far more fun - though I admit it would be cool to have things like ground upgrades, but minutiae like transfer windows and 30-odd stats for each player bore me - so it s better as a game. Even stripped of the player-manager mode, I d play SWOS on my tablet incessantly.

Unfortunately I know what I want but totally lack the skill to achieve it!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #132247 by Playaveli
Yes, someone has done it:
www.sensiblesoccer.de/forum/index.php?topic=19864.0

Use the PC version of SWOS to play the games you are managing.

• Ezio
  • Ezio's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 2 months ago #132248 by Ezio
Thanks for the response - sounds pretty neat.

Do you know if it s possible to play it on a tablet? Not sure my workplace would be too happy with me playing it on PC - or taking the PC with me to the toilet for a quick game.

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds