Re: Super Arcade Football

• steviebwoy78
  • steviebwoy78's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 5 months ago #130840 by steviebwoy78
Super Arcade Football was created by steviebwoy78
Not sure if anyone s seen this one yet - but this looks great fun to me, and is currently on Steam Greenlight.

They re aiming for a release across PC, Mac and consoles and it s 4 player local versus/co-op as well as online and single player.

Press the YES button folks! 8)

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=539056398

Trailer here:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #130841 by higgipoker
Looks cool. Kinda like a modern Microprose Soccer.

• steviebwoy78
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 5 months ago #130842 by steviebwoy78
Replied by steviebwoy78 on topic Re: Super Arcade Football
Yeah, absolutely. I think the thing it lacks is the looseness of the control ala Kick Off/ Sensi. Apart from that, it looks really good fun to me.

From the developers:

Hello!

Today, we are immensely excited to announce the development of our new PC Game: Super Arcade Football!
As the name may suggest, it’s a Super Arcade Football game! Although it’s only just been born, the game will be fast paced, lushly animated, juicily sounding and ultimately, a super fun-local multiplayer game!
We are at that wonderful but uncertain stage of development; pre-alpha. The game has so far got super basic animations, basic audio and most of the core gameplay mechanics, we’ve got a looong way to go, but (we think) it’s already really fun to play.

What do we want the game to become?
Our goal is to make a game with the classic football charm of masterpieces like Sensible Soccer and Kick-Off, but with the intense multi-player fun of games like Towerfall and Nidhogg. Not wanting to be ‘just another Sensi clone’, Super Arcade Football will be our own take on the Arcade Football genre, with a focus on intense arcade action and crazy gameplay mechanics, visually pleasing feedbacks and an overall fun and exciting game to play with friends either locally or online.

We plan to start our Steam greenlight campaign this month, with an aim to gain a community whose ideas and feedback will play a massive part in the development of Super Arcade Football (I will from now on refer to it as SAF to save my little fingers). The first build of SAF available to download will have an in game forum for players to submit their thoughts, images and vids of their sweet goals, and will be available on itch.io in the following months.

More
8 years 5 months ago #130843 by higgipoker
It s funny they use the phrase ‘not just another Sensi clone.’

Sensi is such a classic, I guess people just assume the world is full of clones. Apart from the infamous Football Glory, the only one I know of is Yoda Soccer (and it s not even a released game yet).

The name is invoked for publicity purposes, but there s really no other game I know of that plays, or even tries to play like sensi. Like I said, this particular game seems to have more in common with Microprose Soccer. And visually, it has more in common with the Kick Off games.

Not complaining, just musing :)

• steviebwoy78
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 5 months ago #130848 by steviebwoy78
I think you re maybe taking it a bit too literally. I think they re potentially just referring to the angle of the camera and perhaps the level of zoom. That s pretty much it. It doesn t look like FIFA or PES, so I guess that makes it similar to Sensi and people may well assume it s an attempt at duplicating that magic. A quick peep of the video makes it pretty obvious that it s not though.

You re right, it evokes a memory and I think that s all they re trying to do. Sensi is a game that the world still knows and loves, Microprose Soccer doesn t quite have the same nostalgic haze around it, even though it s a more similar example gameplay-wise.

• steviebwoy78
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 4 months ago #130947 by steviebwoy78
For those that may be interested, this one has now been Greenlit successfully. Demo coming soon.
Invalid consumer key/secret in configuration

• steviebwoy78
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 4 months ago #131213 by steviebwoy78
Another update from the devs of Super Arcade Football. Sounds really positive and they re completely in support of both new Sociable Soccer and the new Kick Off game :)

Hello!

Rest assured we are working hard and have now got a nice modular system for our footballers (which will help for customisation). We ve upgraded the graphics/animations a lot too.

Today we have been compiling a more solid feature list / Final Version plan, and we are really excited about what we are cooking up, but there is still more to be added with the community suggestions.

We re genuinely happy to see Kick off and Sensible Sociable Soccer announced, it s quite funny how all this has come at once (like London buses, wait for ages and then 3 come along!) but we think SAF is quite separate from those games and as fans we look forward to play both of them!

So we are improving the game a lot, and constructing a system for us to work and iterate fast...

But what you ll probably want to know is that we will have our local multiplayer version for our private list of testers to test next week (We are hoping Wednesday fingers crossed). This will be the bare bones prototype version, no UI or feature list, just the gameplay. But it s the core of the game and we want to get good feedback!

Out of interest, would you lot care to see weekly development screenshots/behind the scenes stuff for SAF? Or rather see it in newer builds/demos? If so i ll make an Updates discussion to post that stuff.

What a ramble... back to work now.

More
8 years 4 months ago #131215 by higgipoker
Wow, had totally forgotten about this... I wonder why... :P

• steviebwoy78
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 4 months ago #131217 by steviebwoy78
haha, there s a lot of exciting footie games in the pipeline at the moment. This, Kick Off Revival, Active Soccer 2 DX Active Soccer 3, then dear old Jon s Sociable Soccer too. I just hope they re all as good as their potential suggests. There s one called Pixel Cup Soccer as well, which looks decent (pixelcupsoccer.com/).

More
8 years 4 months ago #131218 by higgipoker
And of course the best of the lot: Senseless Soccer!!

;)

Time to create page: 0.186 seconds