Mega Patch 4.0 Problem (64-bit)

• AnimalBear
  • AnimalBear's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #102232 by AnimalBear
Mega Patch 4.0 Problem (64-bit) was created by AnimalBear
HI i m new here i have installed the last Patch, but i can´t run it at all.
Appears a error on the menu and i can´t fix it :-[
I Have Windows Vista (64-bit)

Regards
AnimalBear :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• AnimalBear
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 10 months ago #102258 by AnimalBear
Replied by AnimalBear on topic Re: Mega Patch 4.0 Problem (64-bit)
No Clues? :-\

More
12 years 10 months ago #102262 by EreWeGo
Strange, I ve installed and tested on XP, Vista, and Win7, both 32 and 64 bit. For Vista and Win 7, I would recommend setting some compatability options for the sensiblesoccer2006.exe and the sensistarter.exe .

Right click on the shortcuts or executables and choose Properties. Check the option to Run as Administrator set the compatability to Windows XP SP2 or SP3 , and also Disable Desktop Composition , see if that helps...

Here s another thread I posted some options in:

www.sensiblesoccer.info/forum/index.php?topic=21533.0

:)

• AnimalBear
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 10 months ago #102272 by AnimalBear
I do it that before it s not working :-[
More Help?

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #102285 by EreWeGo
hmmm, I guess, does Sensible Soccer 2006 run on your machine without the MegaPatch mod? In other words, can you start the game using the normal shortcut, by-passing the sensistarter ?

If it runs without, then the sensistarter doesn t want to run on your machine for some reason. The app is built in VB6, and Vista can be funny about running older apps. All I can suggest is trying completely uninstalling the MegaPatch Mod and Sensible Soccer 2006, and making sure you reinstall with Admin rights, (right-click the installers executables and selecting the Run as Administrator option.

Also, try installing and ruinning with your antivirus disabled as a test? Other than that, not sure, as I said, many users have used the patch in Vista and Win7, 32 and 64 bit without that particular error...

If I find some time, I ll try to test on a Vista 64 bit machine again, and see if I can replicate the fault. One last option is to use the mods seperately, without the sensi-starter. You can t easily change between the different options, but you can still use a new AI, pitch, sound mod etc...

:(

• AnimalBear
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 10 months ago #102301 by AnimalBear
The only problem i have is run the patch.
The Game works fine with or without patch.
The game and the patch as been installed as Admin.
I have the same error on Creation Center 2003 from FIFA 2003.
Only i need is a fix.

Regards
AnimalBear ;)

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #102317 by EreWeGo
Okay mate,

I ll try and test on Vista again when I get a chance, but what I suspect is that your Vista install doesn t like apps that use the VB6 runtime files, (I m not familiar with the Fifa Creation Center 2003, but I m assuming it was created using VB6 or C+++ or similar age development tools).

Try this too, see if it helps:

www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.a...C4-9E41-459F0EB89E36 amp;displaylang=en

• AnimalBear
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 10 months ago #102319 by AnimalBear
Other problem when i go to install appears a message.

If you now the link to get this file first then i have the chance to install the other.

Regards
AnimalBear ;)

More
12 years 10 months ago #102357 by EreWeGo
Sorry,

thought it was worth a look, but appears to be only for after installing the actual VB6 IDE on Vista.
I ll let you know how I get on testing on a fresh Vista 64 install.

In the meantime, since you also have problems with other apps, (like the FIFA creation center), have you tried running the System File Checker tool for WIndows? Details here:

www.vistax64.com/tutorials/66978-system-files-sfc-command.html

More
12 years 10 months ago #102365 by EreWeGo
Hi AnimalBear,

just thought I d give you an update: Did some testing using a fresh install of Vista 64bit on a test VM. Installed SS2006 and the MegaPatch okay. Set Compatability modes using Windows XP SP2, Run as Administrator, Disable Desktop Composition, and Disable Display Scaling options. I was able to start, play, and exit the game without any errors.

Unfortunately, it makes it hard to offer much help as I can t replicate the error you are getting. As you re also having problems with another app, the FIFA Creation Center, the problems aren t directly related to the MegaPatch or Sensi-Starter.

All I can suggest is trying some of the suggestions I ve made, like checking system files using SFC etc. You could try re-installing some VB files as in the article below:

dll-repair-tools.com/dll/is-msvbvm60dll-...-for-visual-basic-60

To make it easier, I ve zipped the install executable from the cab file, here:

www.mediafire.com/?ttq2rqutn4iwlsx

Just unzip the installer and run. Reboot and see if you can run the SensiStarter. If I can replicate the fault, I ll let you know, but otherwise I m out of ideas I m afraid...

Time to create page: 0.228 seconds