SWOS FF vs SWOS.de -- Friendly Tournament - X-Box and Amiga?

• colmatt777
  • colmatt777's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 5 months ago #51297 by colmatt777
Hi everyone involved at sensiblesoccer.de,

For those of you who dont know me, im Matt (colmatt777) from SWOS FF, i play XBLA SWOS and im part of a League/Cups group on X-Box live for SWOS.

I just want to say that this is a fantastic community you have here and i think the work you ve put into this website and these tournaments is second to none.

Anyway....

I was thinking of a great idea to bring the two communitys together in a friendly rivalry kind of way, i think it would be great if we could host a tournament every so often between the two communities, this would give each community a chance to play the game on both formats and a chance to meet one another and play the game we love the most.

Maybe we could hire out a venue where we could send a few players from each community to compete in a tournament, for example;

5 Players from SWOS FF

vs

5 Players from SWOS.de

Each player could play one another from the different team on both formats - Amiga and X-Box (Online or Offline). The winning team will be the one that secures the most victorys for their team.

We could do this online or meet up at a venue and play it out. Obviously it s just a friendly idea, but maybe we could bring it to fruitation at some point.

I look forward to hearing your feedback, Congratulations on a great community here :-D!

Kind regards,

Matt

(SWOS FF Admin - swosfootballfantasy.forumcircle.com - swosff.tk - www.swos-football-fantasy.piczo.com)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 5 months ago - 15 years 5 months ago #51298 by Playaveli
Good idea, very good indeed. And nice post.
Unfortunately nobody from SWOSFF turned up at the world cup this year (Sensible Days).
I posted all information on your forum.

About online games, it would be cool to see some of you guys from SWOSFF to play Amiga SWOS online.
Only 2 people from here own an Xbox360, so it will be almost impossible for us to play XBLA.

If you really want to give us a challange you will have to play Amiga online against us.
I volunteer to introduce everybody from SWOS FF to Amiga SWOS, and give you a hand to get it started.
Furthermore you guys can use your xbox controllers on PC.

If you want people from SWOS FF to compete with ss.de players offline, then check the tournament calendar and post the events on your forum.
Next big mulitformat- event is in Prague:
sensiblesoccer.de/index.php?site=turniere_kalender_event eid=879

Your idea of organizing an own offline tournament is really nice. There were several attempts to do that in the UK. Read here:
forum.sensiblesoccer.info/index.php?topic=4520.0

More
15 years 5 months ago #51301 by Coolio_Jack

Hi everyone involved at sensiblesoccer.de,

For those of you who dont know me, im Matt (colmatt777) from SWOS FF, i play XBLA SWOS and im part of a League/Cups group on X-Box live for SWOS.

I just want to say that this is a fantastic community you have here and i think the work you ve put into this website and these tournaments is second to none.

Anyway....

I was thinking of a great idea to bring the two communitys together in a friendly rivalry kind of way, i think it would be great if we could host a tournament every so often between the two communities, this would give each community a chance to play the game on both formats and a chance to meet one another and play the game we love the most.

Maybe we could hire out a venue where we could send a few players from each community to compete in a tournament, for example;

5 Players from SWOS FF

vs

5 Players from SWOS.de

Each player could play one another from the different team on both formats - Amiga and X-Box (Online or Offline). The winning team will be the one that secures the most victorys for their team.

We could do this online or meet up at a venue and play it out. Obviously it s just a friendly idea, but maybe we could bring it to fruitation at some point.

I look forward to hearing your feedback, Congratulations on a great community here :-D!

Kind regards,

Matt

(SWOS FF Admin - swosfootballfantasy.forumcircle.com - swosff.tk - www.swos-football-fantasy.piczo.com)

Are u guys willing to play amiga online? Somehow i doubt it.

More
15 years 5 months ago #51303 by Jackbauer87
matt, erm why haven t you told any one at swoss ff about this idea ?

I d be happy to play amiga swos, if my pc ran well.

More
15 years 5 months ago #51304 by wezza13
Tbh I don t think most of us will play Amiga Swos because it s so different from the XBox version.
I, love the Amiga swos version and have been anally raped by Playaveli on it a couple of times lol!

But I think Amiga Swos is more hardcore than our friendly little community. Don t get me wrong it s a good idea but I personally couldn t see it happening.

Maybe some sort of online competition where we play a tourney on Amiga swos and then a tourney on XBLive. Because it all depends on whether amiga swos players have an Xbox for a start.

Maybe something could come of it?

More
15 years 5 months ago #51305 by Jackbauer87
well a offline tournament based locally could work, but its spending the time, money and effect into getting it all sorted out.

More
15 years 5 months ago #51307 by wezza13

Good idea, very good indeed. And nice post.
Unfortunately nobody from SWOSFF turned up at the world cup this year (Sensible Days).
I posted all information on your forum.

About online games, it would be cool to see some of you guys from SWOSFF to play Amiga SWOS online.
Only 2 people from here own an Xbox360, so it will be almost impossible for us to play XBLA.

If you really want to give us a challange you will have to play Amiga online against us.
I volunteer to introduce everybody from SWOS FF to Amiga SWOS, and give you a hand to get it started.
Furthermore you guys can use your xbox controllers on PC.

If you want people from SWOS FF to compete with ss.de players offline, then check the tournament calendar and post the events on your forum.
Next big mulitformat- event is in Prague:
sensiblesoccer.de/index.php?site=turniere_kalender_event eid=879

Your idea of organizing an own offline tournament is really nice. There were several attempts to do that in the UK. Read here:
forum.sensiblesoccer.info/index.php?topic=4520.0

The main thing is, is that us lot would beat u on xbox and u lot would beat us on amiga swos :)

So if it had to be on one or the other I don t think it would happen. The differences between the two online versions of the games are huge!

More
15 years 5 months ago #51308 by TonyW

Are u guys willing to play amiga online? Somehow i doubt it.

Nice and friendly... this is a pointless exercise. I wonder if any ss.de players will play xbox live swos......somehow i doubt it.

This is going over old ground........Anyway good luck in organising something Matt.

More
15 years 5 months ago - 15 years 5 months ago #51310 by Playaveli
They would play it if they had an Xbox360 obviously. But most of them don t have one and will never buy one.
But all of you guys at SWOSFF have a PC, so it s a no-brainer on what system this competition should be played on.
You can use your controllers from xbox easily on PC, but not us vice versa.

And if you insist, header-goals don t count.

And I have to disagree with wezza, we aren t more hardcore than you guys. We play the same game and spend the same time for our hobbies than you do.

And Tony, Coolio was a lot more friendlier than some of the guys at the FF forum to me. And I did nothing else but offer help.
Prove him wrong and play some games with us. It just takes 10 minutes of your free time. In return, it would take us 250 bucks or more to play XBLA...

Furthermore, Amiga online is a lot better and smoother. No cheating possible. Game has fewer lags, you can play DIY Cups and leagues, save them, continue later...up to 5 players can join one online game... etc etc... the list is endless. And the game is for free.

More
15 years 5 months ago #51311 by TonyW
how can i use my xbox controller on my PC?

Time to create page: 0.232 seconds