SWOS 95/96 Slovenian cup final screen arghhhhhh!!!!

• kikat
  • kikat's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 3 weeks ago #62216 by kikat
Hello all.

Recently dug out my Amiga 500 to sell with games when i came across an old friend SWOS. Loaded it up, picked Norwich (i live in Norfolk) and set about getting them into the premiership one last time. Well two days later have to say mission achieved but more importantly i was hooked again, decieded not to sell Amiga and concentrate on next seasons challenge of top flight domestic football and playing teams like QPR, SHEFFIELD WEDS, COVENTRY, WIMBLEDON ETC. So at the end of season screen saved my career and headed downstairs for a fag and coffee remembering the game goes through all the worlds results etc which takes a bit of time. After about 20mins i checked the status and saw it was still on the Slovenian cup final screen result and not progressing any further despite the disc drive making the usual noises. S**t i thought so turned it all off, cleaned the drive heads checked the game disc and tried again but with the same result. Has anyone got any idea what the problem is and is it fixable. I have promised premier league football to the good people of Norwich and i can t let them down now. Any ideas would be gratefully received.

Also i have seen on ebay a 08/09 swos for the pc which claims to run like the Amiga versions. Any advice on this, is it worth getting etc.

Many thanks. Jon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #62229 by Wänä81
Use the online version with syncronated updates or buy new Amiga Swos disks ;)

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #62251 by lobo
Do as Wänä81 says.

Have a look at this thread here: forum.sensiblesoccer.info/index.php?topic=9905.0

Is it a product you saw on ebay? If yes I strongly recomend you don t buy it as it s a pirate product.

• kikat
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 3 weeks ago #62262 by kikat
This is the link to the Ebay seller

cgi.ebay.co.uk/Amiga-Sensible-World-Of-S...ash=item220384167682 _trksid=p3286.c0.m14 _trkparms=72%3A1683%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

Have given up on my Amiga version so trying to find a reliable swos download.
Thanks.
Jon.

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #62263 by Wänä81
This is the online version , you can download here, with the updates from Syncronated and some graphic-updates. You can get all here for free!!!!

Piracy sux :(

btw. reported !!!

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #62264 by lobo
Reported too!

Better give them £10 to charity. All this stuff is easily available within this forum. Shame someone is profiting from our community members hours of hard work.

• kikat
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 3 weeks ago #62266 by kikat
Thanks to this site i have saved a few pennies, many thanks. Have now downloaded all for free what this shisters selling , again huge thanks. Now i just have to get a nice small usb joystick as i just cannot get on with the keyboard keys.

Happy swosing.

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #62267 by Wänä81
forum.sensiblesoccer.info/index.php?topic=2187.0 look here for a keypad ;) and a adapter from usb to amigaport you get on ebay ;)

Cheers

• kikat
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 3 weeks ago #62275 by kikat
Good work people. The ebay listing has now been removed.

Time to create page: 0.230 seconds