bug on Amiga SWOS startup screen.....

More
13 years 9 months ago #86841 by parkinpants
Hi,

The Amiga SWOS program works fine on 1 computer in my house, but not the other. When I click Play Amiga SWOS on the small Amiga SWOS startup window the application just vanishes, regardless as to what settings are set.

Oddly enough, If I open up the SWOS application located on my other PC (via a shortcut to a different PC on the network) it works fine..... but not ideal doing it this way. of course

Any ideas?

Re-installing it doesn t work. Using XP.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #86848 by Playaveli
Do not install it to C:\program files
That should be it.

More
13 years 9 months ago #87139 by parkinpants
Nope.

The problem is that McCaffee virus protection (BT) detects SWOSUAE.dll as a trojan virus. It automatically deletes it and, amazingly, there is no option within McCaffee to override the automatic deletion in order to trust or permit the suspected file. I can restore it from quarantine but then it gets deleted automatically. So I have identified the problem but I have no solution..... too risky to play with virus protection disabled.

This explains why it runs via the other PC, because the PC I am using only scans the local PC rather than other networked PCs.

More
13 years 9 months ago #87954 by Playaveli
Solution: Use another virus program. Antivir for example. It s free and works fine.

More
13 years 9 months ago #87959 by xflea
Also Avast! antivirus is online-SWOS-friendly ;)

More
13 years 9 months ago #87977 by Retrieving
to my knowledge, Kaspersky works too.

Time to create page: 0.194 seconds