GENERAL TIPS FOR NEW STARTERS

• frazer40
  • frazer40's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 5 months ago #115639 by frazer40
GENERAL TIPS FOR NEW STARTERS was created by frazer40
Hello all.

Any general tips of best formation and tactics for someone who has not played this game for years?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #115647 by ro32x
3-5-2 (the middle defender is good for heading shots away).
However currently i m trying to improve my wing play, so trying 4-2-4.
If using career mode, personally i find it easiest to score by signing strikers with attributes SVF.
Also don t keep doing the same old shots. I found i get best better results when varying attacks eg. if having no luck, sometimes try to walk the ball in, or shoot from point blank range.
Headed goals straight from corners, is sometimes a good skill to bail you out.
Try and pass it like Swansea (don t be afraid to pass backwards to maintain possession).
Use aftertouch on ground passes, you curl the ball into space (away from opposition).
Play as a good Premiere league team against 3rd div sides, until you improve (obviously more time on ball, and keepers easier to beat).

• TheRiot
  • TheRiot's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 5 months ago #121224 by TheRiot
Replied by TheRiot on topic Re: GENERAL TIPS FOR NEW STARTERS
This topic had a huge potential for me but sadly only ro32x gave contribution... a great one, by the way. Thanks

More
10 years 5 months ago #121226 by Synchronated
I would only add that

- practice is very important. This game is tough but deep and there are many ways to play
- don t use players who are even slightly injured. Substitute them immediately. They will be very poor at best and are likely to pick up major injuries if they play on
- defending, I prefer to have 2 centre backs; one to challenge for the ball and one to head shots off the line (a very important part of the game). 3-5-2 in SWOS effectively only has one centre back rather than three, as it is strangely/unrealistically implemented. 5-3-2 only has one centre back too, the other two playing practically in midfield, ahead of the wide full-backs.
- you can improve your team performance by using custom tactics to optimise for your style of play

More
10 years 5 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #121235 by Playaveli

• TheRiot
  • TheRiot's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 5 months ago #121270 by TheRiot
Replied by TheRiot on topic Re: GENERAL TIPS FOR NEW STARTERS
Excellent contributions! Thanks Playaveli, Synchronated and ro32x!!

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #121272 by Retrieving
My 2 cents: the only way to truly get a better understanding of the gameplay mechanics is playing online.

Plenty of veterans who know the game inside-out online at all times on daily basis to learn off of, just get on the chat and ask for friendly matches, most people will be more than glad to give you tactical/technical advices too upon being inquired.

More
10 years 5 months ago #121280 by djowGer
I am writing a guide which covers most areas of the game, offline/online. I want to spice it up with some video goal tutorials too, but it takes time. :)

• Gin-Ola Flutterwin
  • Gin-Ola Flutterwin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 5 months ago #121303 by Gin-Ola Flutterwin
Replied by Gin-Ola Flutterwin on topic Re: GENERAL TIPS FOR NEW STARTERS
it 4-4-2 bad against good players?
what is best formation for 5-3-2 Brazil?
is 5-3-2 good?

More
10 years 5 months ago #121304 by djowGer
Here is a couple of fail-safe formations with Brazil, used by the top players.

---

Playaveli - Brazil - 5-3-2 / 3-5-2 (they are the identical!)

Almost perfect player positions, except juninho but still very strong if you want a more offensive allround formation than 4-4-2 / Sweep.

---

Ali - Brazil - 4-4-2

Strong allround formation. You can swap RB / RW depending on how defensive/offensive you want to be.

---

Bobbiebobras / Bobrix / djowGer - Brazil - 5-2-3

Compact central defence. Good in attack when you get used to it.

---

I can reccomend all 3 of these. See what fits your style the best.

it 4-4-2 bad against good players?

Imo, it is the best allround tactic in the game, both in attack and defence. You are never completely outplayed in defence when you get used to it. The two centerbacks, are usually always behind the ball. If you move them correctly you should be able to cover each side of the goal, but surely it takes practice, to know when to put pressure on your opponent and when to be passive expecting shots in certain angles. If you you use a team with slow LB / RB or just want to be a bit more defensive than 4-4-2 consider using Sweep instead.

To be good at swos it is not neccasary important to be able to score all kind of goals, but you need to know the dangerous places on the pitch, and how to defend them. In most cases all you need to do is stand in the way of the pass/shot. Then you can still beat good players.

Time to create page: 0.198 seconds