World Cup Groups

• raptoruts
  • raptoruts's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 2 months ago #123166 by raptoruts
World Cup Groups was created by raptoruts
Hi guys,

sorry if this subject has been dealt with already, I honestly can t find it though.

I am running the Amiga Total Pack with Synchronated 13/14 update and I was wondering how to have the pre-set competition for World Cup to represent the actual groups in the upcoming brazilian one.
I am aware the groups were not defined yet when the Synchronited update came out, and also that I could just just change the teams manually or better make a DIY Cup, but is there a way to pre-configure the pre-set Worl Cup comp?

Thanks,

R

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #123180 by Synchronated
Replied by Synchronated on topic Re: World Cup Groups
It s possible to create a diy tournament then hex edit it so the exact same fixtures take place. I don t know how but this was certainly done with previous tournaments.

It s not however possible to replace the teams in the World Cup preset competition to achieve the correct groups, as that only has 24 teams/6 groups.

• raptoruts
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 1 month ago #123186 by raptoruts
Replied by raptoruts on topic Re: World Cup Groups

It s possible to create a diy tournament then hex edit it so the exact same fixtures take place. I don t know how but this was certainly done with previous tournaments.

It s not however possible to replace the teams in the World Cup preset competition to achieve the correct groups, as that only has 24 teams/6 groups.

Thanks Synchro, will probably wait for some passionate fan to provide the DIY file then :)

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #123191 by Mozg
Replied by Mozg on topic Re: World Cup Groups
Here you go :) Save disk with World Cup 2014 DIY file (and some of my tactics additionally) is in attachment. Synchronated 13/14 update squads are used. Groups are swapped in order to make proper 1/8 finals schedule (group stage schedule is also proper). All teams are set as player-coach , so every team is playable, however you also have to coach other teams (replace injured and sent off players). But the advantage of this is the fact that computer opponent can now also get a red card or injury :)
Attachments:

• raptoruts
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 1 month ago #123199 by raptoruts
Replied by raptoruts on topic Re: World Cup Groups

Here you go :) Save disk with World Cup 2014 DIY file (and some of my tactics additionally) is in attachment. Synchronated 13/14 update squads are used. Groups are swapped in order to make proper 1/8 finals schedule (group stage schedule is also proper). All teams are set as player-coach , so every team is playable, however you also have to coach other teams (replace injured and sent off players). But the advantage of this is the fact that computer opponent can now also get a red card or injury :)

Ahah OMG great job Mozg! Can t wait to give this a shot!

More
10 years 4 days ago #123839 by bieniu
Replied by bieniu on topic Re: World Cup Groups
hi,

why this DIY doesnt work on amiga 600, it tells me aga required? for DIY ????? hmmm

More
10 years 4 days ago #123849 by bieniu
Hi again,

i have on my amiga 600 when trying to load this DIY

competition file expect aga amiga how to convert it to run on amiga 600?

More
10 years 4 days ago #123852 by Mozg
Replied by Mozg on topic Re: World Cup Groups
I really don t have idea what happened... This shouldn t have anything to do with DIY files...

More
10 years 3 days ago #123855 by bieniu
Hi,

TY, i think it is when DIY file is made under amiga 1200 as is AGA. Your file work well on my amiga 1200 hardware. I think DIY to work on ECS should be made on amiga 600 :) i ll try later. Maybe is possible to find on HEX where on DIY file is amiga system AGA or ECS :)

More
10 years 3 days ago #123859 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic Re: World Cup Groups
Same happens with careers...

Time to create page: 0.260 seconds