Resolution of SWOS on your monitor

More
9 years 8 months ago #124881 by barnettgs
The native resolution of Amiga SWOS Total pack was too small (672x544) and changing to higher resolution of 800x600 or more, doesn t help as it would give a fuzzy/blocky screen.

If I want to play online, the filter box is greyed out so the screen filter cannot be used. Also the window box cannot be scaled as well.

I guess the most practical solution for me, is reduce the resolution of the monitor so that the native resolution looks big and more importantly, clear enough for me to play.

No big deal for me but I was wondering how do you play yours?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 8 months ago #124884 by xflea
hi barnettgs,

I don t know how it works with Total Pack as I don t use it, but try those settings on WinUAE. then just maximize the WinUAE window.

It works well for me.

PS. there was a topis about those settings somewhere on this forum - I cannot find it right now...
Attachments:

More
9 years 8 months ago #124885 by xflea
oh, there it is:

www.sensiblesoccer.de/forum/index.php?to...58.msg22223#msg22223

still - I know nothing about using this solution on Total Pack...:)

More
9 years 8 months ago #124886 by djowGer
My monitor resolution is 800x600, which gives me close to Full Screen using the native (672x544). But I still use an old crt 17 screen @ 100hz along with an old pc i use just for swos online. The game feels 99% as fluent as the offline on a real amiga 1200. For many this option is a no go which is fair enough, considering the hardware is obsolete for everything else than running swos.

Remember that the game is a pixel based game, so you are better off using resolutions that match the native in double size, half, tripple etc. I cant remeber the original amiga res, but it is 320x200 or somthing like that.

More
9 years 8 months ago #124887 by barnettgs
I have already saw this thread and it s from 2007 so it s not related to Total Pack but thanks. :)

The display settings in Total Pack is limited to setting the resolution only, unlike WinUAE which has plenty of options.

I am not sure if WinUAE can still be used instead of Total Pack to play online?

Gary

More
9 years 8 months ago #124888 by xflea
I never used Total Pack... but I haven t played online for about a year now.

More
9 years 8 months ago #124889 by barnettgs

My monitor resolution is 800x600, which gives me close to Full Screen using the native (672x544). But I still use an old crt 17 screen @ 100hz along with an old pc i use just for swos online. The game feels 99% as fluent as the offline on a real amiga 1200. For many this option is a no go which is fair enough, considering the hardware is obsolete for everything else than running swos.

Hmm this gives me an idea, a bit overkill...maybe an used 17 TFT monitor for 2nd monitor and set it to 800x600 resolution.

More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #124891 by atchoo
It s not overkill , it s just the best way . ;)

120Hz/144Hz LCD Monitor is ok, too. But so expensive...

By the way, my settings (on Amiga SWOS, not Total Pack) are:

Then I extend window to 1008x816 (9x original SWOS resolution, 336x272) on my 27 LCD 1080p@120Hz.

More
9 years 8 months ago #124901 by HairFU

Remember that the game is a pixel based game, so you are better off using resolutions that match the native in double size, half, tripple etc. I cant remeber the original amiga res, but it is 320x200 or somthing like that.

I don t know what the real resolution of SWOS on a real Amiga are, but I know that the Amiga works best with 720x288 and the original Amiga Hardware stretch that resolution to 4:3 Fullscreen on a TV or Amiga Monitor. I can t remember any PC Monitor that can handle this resolution in fullscreen, but if you have a old graphiccard, that can output a real RGB Signal in a CRT-TV Screen, you can use the real resolution, that is used on a real Amiga computer.

More
9 years 8 months ago #124909 by barnettgs
Well, I said a bit overkill because we already have two PCs (first one is old Pentium 4 PC from 2003) with two 20 monitors. :D Maybe it s time to get rid of the old PC someday!

Last night I lowered the resolution of widescreen 20 to something like 1280x720 (from 1600x900) - SWOS size was perfect, if not a little too big. I think that should do the job okay although display isn t exactly smooth.

Time to create page: 0.256 seconds