Can SWOS 96/97 with 2014 update be put onto ADF discs?

• helpau
  • helpau's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 7 months ago #125904 by helpau
Hi there!!

I really hope someone can help me!!

I m looking for an adf format of the SWOS 96/97 with 2014 players etc...

Is this what you have available, as I cannot see an adf ANYWHERE for a 2014 patched SWOS

I dont have a flash drive set up, only the ability to copy adfs onto discs....I dont have much technical knowledge and would really struggle with setting up the flash, partitioning, WinUAE etc....

Any help would be MUCH APPRECIATED!!!

Many thanks!

Paul, Glasgow

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #125908 by olesio
Have I deja vu? It was similar thread some time ago. And I answered there it is not possible in my opinion. Why? Because I tried do that under WinUAE and to fit all data on second disk you need format second disk as Fast File System to have more free space for all data. And when you did that, game do not see second disk.

I tired release of SWOS 96/97 SUPPLIED BY HFUK AND CRACKED BY HEAT , which do not need old disk. So only possibility is to replace only few team data files from update. But I do not know how it will be compatibile with game. Try by yourself. And maybe others have different ideas.

More
9 years 7 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #125911 by Playaveli
It doesn t fit on a floppy! Sorry! File sizes are too big.

More
9 years 7 months ago #125914 by olesio
I do not know why. But data files from new updates wont fit. But if you had other results, please upload changed adfs.

• helpau
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 7 months ago #125917 by helpau
Thanks for the comments guys!!

It really sounds like my only option then is to install a flash drive, WinUAE etc, and get then use the Total SWOS pack, then install the patch!!

I am, however, after browsing many sites and guides, well aware of how difficult this will be for a novice such as myself!!

Do you guys know of any ebay shops that would supply the card and Software pre-loaded / partitioned etc, and maybe even pre-install SWOS and the update, for a price, of course?

Thanks again!!

More
9 years 7 months ago #125921 by olesio
Instaling game onto hard disk on real Amiga, require it model with memory extension. For hard disk I recommand CF card with adapter to connect. I have low hardware knowledge so I cannot help with that. My Amiga had that interface. But when I decied to reorganize my partitions and it sizes. I just temporary removed CF card from Amiga and do all work by USB cards reader and WinUAE. You should find some English language tutorials about that. Maybe it is not so easy as power on PC, but it is not too hard like code in brainfk :-)

• helpau
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 7 months ago #125924 by helpau
I will look all of this up, but my initial questions would be:-

Where do I fit a USB adaptor on my Amiga 1200?

What software needs to be installed on the Amiga to recognise the USB drive?

What software needs to be installed on the USB memory stick to get SWOS to work?

Many thanks again!!!!

More
9 years 7 months ago #125925 by Playaveli

More
9 years 7 months ago #125928 by olesio

Where do I fit a USB adaptor on my Amiga 1200?

Blah, my bad English. I had feeling I typed all clearly, but maybe not :/ I wrote about Compact Flash card with small IDE adapter in real Amiga. And you can use some external or intenal Card Reader with CF card handle in PC !!! Not in Amiga. So you can easy preapre card for Amiga using winUAE.

What software needs to be installed on the USB memory stick to get SWOS to work?

I do not know what you mean. No USB stick is needed. If you want to launch SWOS under PC by your self you only need system like Windows in PC and WinUAE. On real Amiga you need more than 3 MB free RAM memory to launch it. So like I wrote memry expansion is needed. Is now all is clear?

• helpau
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 6 months ago #125947 by helpau
Thanks again guys!

Sorry, picked u up wrong, flash drive not usb stick, got it....

Playaveli - thanks for link to kit, which seems brilliant for downloading and copying adfs to disc, but brings me back to my original question about geting the update onto an adf first?

Comments all well appreciated!!!

Time to create page: 0.253 seconds