Server Play reaction delay

• Bill_Papas
  • Bill_Papas's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 1 month ago #127865 by Bill_Papas
Server Play reaction delay was created by Bill_Papas
Hello,

having performed my first few Server Play SWOS games on Amiga Total Pack, I ve noticed some degree of delay on the pitch, when compared to the Offline Mode. I mean the players on the pitch would perform the instruction given by the joystick with some delay.

How can I diminish this delay? What factors influence mostly this behavior, apart from the obvious Hardware and Internet connection considering i ve chosen a low Ping server?

Is P2P Play faster than Server Play?

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #127866 by djowGer
I think in general P2P play is more stable than server play and should find a decent compromise of ping between the 2 players, however it is not always faster. In example i played vs Retrieving (from Italy) the other day using P2P where we would ping 125 ms delay. Then we both connected to a dutch server and we had 30-40 ms delay. I also have 4 frame delay vs some polish and portugeese players (I live in Denmark). But when we find a server somewhere in between it usually works better for both players. So it is not always a clear cut case using the p2p instead of server.

Btw. also make sure you disable wifi devices or other internet programs, or windows updates etc. while playing. Game delay spikes and desynchs often happen because people forget this.

More
9 years 1 month ago #127867 by barnettgs
Hi, it has been posted before under the Musuem forum - www.sensiblesoccer.de/forum/index.php?topic=11086.0

It is an interesting read ;D

Personally, I prefer playing on p2p as I live in quite a remote part of Northern Ireland and my connection isn t great, especially for server but again, it depends who you are playing against.

Time to create page: 0.241 seconds