Gravis Gamepad classic driver for FS-UAE on Mac (without wine) ?

More
6 years 8 months ago #137702 by captaincofresi
Hi I want to use the Gravis Gamepad classic on FS-UAE (so native amiga emulator on the mac, without wine). Is that possible? Are there drivers for this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 8 months ago #137706 by Playaveli

Hi I want to use the Gravis Gamepad classic on FS-UAE (so native amiga emulator on the mac, without wine). Is that possible? Are there drivers for this?

No drivers needed! Just connect it with USB adapter and enjoy!

More
6 years 8 months ago #137720 by captaincofresi
Well I tried USB overdrive shareware, and that didn t work. In the driver screen it shows there is activity, but in the FS-UAE SWOS no combination works. Tried them all: cd32pad, joystick, no amiga device etc. on all ports 0,1 and 2. And having no drivers didn t work either., already tried that before I looked for drivers.

Too bad, because FS-UAE I can run fullscreen. I will probably go back to Wine+WinUAE to see if that does work.

More
6 years 8 months ago #137722 by captaincofresi
Well, I now also tried wine+WinUAE. However, without USB overdrive there is something happening. When I use right on the Gravis Gamepad it goes up. No other direction possible. Looks like it is set too sensitive, but using USB overdrive and adjusting the sensitivity did not work. And on PC the Gravis Gamepad classic works fine, no issues at all. So it must be a driver problem in OSX 10.7.5 probably.

More
6 years 8 months ago #137724 by Playaveli
Could also be a broken Gravis, or wrong adapter!
No overdrive whatsoever is needed on MAC! What s your adapter? Post a picture please!

More
6 years 8 months ago #137746 by captaincofresi
Well, it s the combination that doesn t work: gravis gamepad classic + Logilink usb 2.0 adapter in Mode 1 (see image, also tried all the other modes though) + Macbook with OSX 10.7.5 (Lion). And it can t be the gamepad I guess, since it works fine on PC with this adapter. And there is a response of USB overdrive if I connect the gamepad on the Mac. So there is a connection, only seems that maybe the Mac interpretation of the sensitivity is way off.

I did found something that does work now, so I can at least have an extra controller in FS-UAE: The Arcade Amiga joystick + the amiga port to usb adapter you recommended recently (that s just a short usb stick) works fine. So I can at least now change the formation of the opponnent if I like to practice some variation in goal scoring vs the CPU.
Attachments:

More
6 years 8 months ago #137748 by Playaveli
The Logilinks are designed for Windows and don t work good on MAC. I will look for another one that works!
I remember I had the same problem few years ago.

It s solely a fault of the adapter! Not of your gamepad or the software (FS-UAE).

More
More
6 years 8 months ago #137754 by captaincofresi
Thanks, but this is again a Logilink does that matter? Or is it just a completely different design than the one that I already have?

More
6 years 8 months ago #137755 by Playaveli

Thanks, but this is again a Logilink does that matter? Or is it just a completely different design than the one that I already have?

Totally different!

Time to create page: 0.310 seconds