Re: 07/08 Update

More
16 years 7 months ago #27369 by he6rt6gr6m
07/08 Update was created by he6rt6gr6m
Hey there.

So, like many, eagerly waiting for the SWOS XBLA version, but with all the delays, getting frustrated.

So Ive downloaded the Amiga version which is fantastic!

Im just wondering if theres a new update, and what id do with it.

Having Benni McCarthy and Francis Jeffers upfront for Blackburn isnt great! lol

Cheers!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 7 months ago #27728 by Big G
Replied by Big G on topic Re: 07/08 Update
I believe there is an Updated version but not as updated as you want, maybe 1999 or so.
I ll look around for ya and get back if i find anything :D

In the mean time maybe one of the SWOS Legends may tell us when they read this post :/

More
16 years 7 months ago - 16 years 7 months ago #27729 by Big G
Replied by Big G on topic Re: 07/08 Update
ok, i dont know if this is fast enough for you, but try this site out :D

www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Arena/3540/updates.html

seems pretty good :D

Edited....

That last site seemed good until you try and download the dam things! :P

try this one instead :D

www.eibmoz.dk/swos0506/index.php

More
16 years 4 months ago - 16 years 4 months ago #31336 by Synchronated
Replied by Synchronated on topic Re: 07/08 Update
You could use my current update from synchronated.110mb.com/updates.html

Next version will have all national teams up-to-date as well as over 1,000 club teams (including full leagues for many, many nations); all have been updated with their current squads since the transfer window.

More
16 years 4 months ago #31350 by HairFU
Replied by HairFU on topic Re: 07/08 Update
I also would use Synchronated updates. It s the only one with realistic skills and so much right squads and so much edited teams. And it is easy to use for Amiga and PC Version. Also it is the only one that works perfect with career.

More
16 years 4 months ago #31625 by BarbouR
Replied by BarbouR on topic Re: 07/08 Update
how the hell do you install it though ?

More
16 years 4 months ago - 16 years 4 months ago #31700 by Synchronated
Which version of SWOS are you using?

If you re using the PC or Amiga hard disk version of 96/97, simply download the right version of the update (pc.zip or amiga.zip) and replace your data folder with the one included in the zip file. The fixed foreign transfer market files etc are already updated and included in the data folder.

It only gets more complicated if you re playing/emulating from amiga floppies/floppy images, but in that case I can send you what you need to emulate the hard disk version very easily.

Because I ve used the original league structures/sizes and include all the rest of the data files, it will never crash at the end of career seasons etc. If it crashes at all then your emulator config might be off (this is very easy to get wrong!), and if you PM me I ll help out as best I can

More
16 years 4 months ago #31734 by BarbouR
Replied by BarbouR on topic Re: 07/08 Update
where is the data folder on a .HDF ?

More
16 years 4 months ago - 16 years 4 months ago #31745 by Synchronated
you don t need a HDF to emulate an amiga hard disk now, you can just have the files sitting in a folder in windows

I think you can open the HDF file with adfview or adfopus and you will see the contents, inside there will be a data folder, just replace it (one of those programs allows you to change the files inside)

More
16 years 4 months ago - 16 years 4 months ago #32397 by HungryHorace
Replied by HungryHorace on topic Re: 07/08 Update
Syncronated, just been looking on your page about this, and just wanted to say thanks.

I am doing a small generic graphical-update for my Amiga Online website, and for PSPUAE, with no dates/years included in any of the graphics.... basically so i dont have to mod them again!

I would like to regularly add new team / league updates, but dont have time to maintain that sort of thing. Is it ok if i include your data updates in my version? credited of course. You are of course free to use any of my own graphical changes. Perhaps we could maintain a single update between us?

i notice you include only data in your Amiga pack (i havent even looked at the PC one tbh) - if you like we can discuss regualr graphics updates i could implement for you if you like? i notice you have created an 0708 logo already ;)

sneak peak: www.djcresswell.com/swos/swos-wembley2.png

Time to create page: 0.202 seconds