Re: 07/08 Update

• joel88
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 10 months ago #44723 by joel88
Replied by joel88 on topic Re: 07/08 Update
Because i played a couple of you guys on the XBLA online, it was fairly embarassing for me!!
I d class myself as a very good player, but some of you lot are crazy good!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 10 months ago #44725 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic Re: 07/08 Update

Because i played a couple of you guys on the XBLA online, it was fairly embarassing for me!!
I d class myself as a very good player, but some of you lot are crazy good!

The XBLA version is not comparable to Amiga SWOS online in any context.
Amiga online is better in any sense. You gotta try it. And you will love it. ;)

And here are players from all strenghts, pros and amateurs. Don t worry.

More
15 years 10 months ago #44728 by Pallister
Replied by Pallister on topic Re: 07/08 Update
Playa is right. AND...even if u can t believe it...it won t last very long and you ll become a much better player, because you ll improve your SWOS-skills a lot. Believe me... ;)

WATCH AND LEARN ;D

• joel88
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 10 months ago #44730 by joel88
Replied by joel88 on topic Re: 07/08 Update
Bring it on then lads! I ll see you online sometime soon.

• SSNewbie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 9 months ago #45806 by SSNewbie
Replied by SSNewbie on topic Re: 07/08 Update

Hi guys, Nice to meet everyone. ;D Wasnt sure whether to start a new thread with this or just post here, hope someone can help me out!

I ve been following the thread on updating the original Amiga 96/97 game with the latest updates, I ve noticed its almost always done replacing the data folder in a hard drive image. The thing is, i recently bought an Amiga 500 for a retro gaming night coming up with some freinds, we re all SWOS fans an we d love to use the updated version. But we really want to stick to the real Amiga hardware and not emulation, an we also dont have an Amiga HD. The problem this poses of course is that we need to update the floppies. I know how to update the .ADF files and then convert them back to Amiga disks using Amiga Explorer. The things i need to know tho are - using adfview (as recommended by Synchronated on his site, excellent site btw, cheers!) i can see that the data folder is on disk 1 AND disk 2. Is this an identical copy, or is it the same folder spread across both disks? If so, how do i write the data update i downloaded from Synchronated s site to the folder across both the disks? Also, i read theres a space issue if you re using floppies, but i also read in another thread something about compressing the files, would this help?

Any help you guys can offer is greatly appreciated! :)

More
15 years 9 months ago #45813 by Playaveli
If you take the data from synchro s updated hdf file it is already compressed.
Just copy the data folder (or single files) out of the hdf file. Then you replace them file by file in the adf disc from the original SWOS 96/97 version.
As I read you are capable of adf blitzing so I suggest you just give it a try and see what happens.

• SSNewbie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 9 months ago #45862 by SSNewbie
Replied by SSNewbie on topic Re: 07/08 Update

Hmm.. ok after looking at the data folder in the amiga update file and in the .hdf update file, they both come out at 527k. The data folder in the original 96-97 game is 502k, and its already using almost all the capacity on the floppy. So it looks like i wont be able to fit the updates on unless i delete something from them first. :-\ Can anyone suggest which TEAM files would be ok to delete in order to get it down to about 502K so i can fit it on the disk? Thanks :)

More
15 years 9 months ago #45864 by Playaveli
Just copy the team files of the main leagues! That should be ok if you want to play vs. your friends.

• SSNewbie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 9 months ago #45955 by SSNewbie

Ok i got the editing done alright, thanks for the help there. But unfortunately im having a bit of trouble getting it to work on my A500 : ( I cant remember correctly but did SWOS 96/97 work ok on an A500 1mb 1.3 kickstart? I ve tried a couple of versions now an i cant seem to get it going, the amiga just hangs or crashes during loading, even with unedited adf s. Most of the other games im trying are running fine. I ve had a look about some forums an i ve seen a few reports of people not getting it working on 1.3 kickstart A500s, altho apparently there *are* versions that work fine.

Does anyone know any versions that definately do work on it? I know i could just emulate it, but i d really like to get it going on the real hardware with the same old joysticks etc. ;)

Thanks for any help offered. :)

More
15 years 9 months ago #45965 by Pallister
Replied by Pallister on topic Re: 07/08 Update
Well, on my Kick 1.3 Amiga 500 it works fine from the original disks. I copied SWOS with ADF-Blitzer, but none of this versions runs on my A500. On A1200 they do, but not on A500.

Time to create page: 0.227 seconds