Re: Questions

• sensibleman
  • sensibleman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 7 months ago #50545 by sensibleman
Questions was created by sensibleman
I do not know if there is another thread that has covered this but could someone please tell me or post me links for these questions I have?

1) Has anyone done a new .hdf file for the current season 08/09?
2) I noticed in the tactics that someone has recommended cheap good players,how do you do this as I’m playing with the 07/08 season and would like to find such players
3) How do u find out how good a player is and what the letters mean after the player’s name?
4) Why does your bank account always go into the minus just after half way through a season whether your Manchester United or LA Galaxy without spending any money on players?

I’m not very good at searching the threads for the answers to my questions so please do forgive me if some of them seem easy to find!

Am loving playing Sensible Soccer again after so many years, a big thanks go to EreWeGo for helping me with getting started. He has a really cool bundle which has the current season, the 96 season and the Internation Edittion v1.2. I would be really good if someone put together a notebook document on what screen settings to use as this was something that would make everything much more easier to use.

Anyway, thanks in advance for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 7 months ago #50656 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic Re: Questions

1) Has anyone done a new .hdf file for the current season 08/09?

Most current HDF update:
synchronated.110mb.com/amiga0809.zip

2) I noticed in the tactics that someone has recommended cheap good players,how do you do this as I’m playing with the 07/08 season and would like to find such players

For the original game you can search players here:
database.swos.info
swos.gazchap.com

There are no websites like this for updates. Sorry!

3) How do u find out how good a player is and what the letters mean after the player’s name?

To find out how good a player is you have to use an editor program and check his skill points!
Download: synchronated.110mb.com/swoes.zip

Letters:
P - passing
V - velocity (= shot power outside area)
H - heading
T - tackling
C - control
S - speed
F - finishing (=shot power inside area)

4) Why does your bank account always go into the minus just after half way through a season whether your Manchester United or LA Galaxy without spending any money on players?

To avoid this just develope a good custom tactic with many green ticks to rise your players money values. Later you can sell them for a higher price.
Or download and use this tactic (for see result ):
host.ring23.com/playaveli/tactics/442.TAC

Regards!

• sensibleman
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 7 months ago #50791 by sensibleman
Replied by sensibleman on topic Re: Questions
Thanks for your help, just what I was after :)

I ve a couple more questions as I ve just put Sensible Soccer onto my laptop which is running Windows 2000. My laptop does not have a Right Ctrl button, and I can t seem to locate another button that it could be. What else is avilable to me? I would ideally like to use the arrow keys for player directions.

Also, I have been using the Width 384 and Height 288 screen settings on my PC to great affect, but on my laptop it is making the game run slow, 25FPS, any ideas?

Cheers
8)

More
15 years 7 months ago #50792 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic Re: Questions
Use this tool to switch L-CTRL and R-CTRL:
swos.ring23.com/stat/cgi-bin/download.pl...LControlRControl.exe

Switch PC display to 16 bit and try again!

More
15 years 6 months ago #51225 by Synchronated
Replied by Synchronated on topic Re: Questions

In addition to what playa has said, you can get Pablo Fridlender s editor to compile a database based on your data folder, no matter what s in there. Then you can search it for prices, skills etc.

Bear in mind when searching for good skills that the skills only go from 0 to 7, and a 8-15 are the same as 0-7 (so 8 is as bad as zero, 7 and 15 are both great).

• sensibleman
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 6 months ago #51306 by sensibleman
Replied by sensibleman on topic Re: Questions
Hi, thanks for the Ctrl button reverse program, works wonders. I also use it on my PC at home as well as the laptop as I find it easier to play.

I have changed the laptop to 16 bit and it works in small screen mode, but when I maximise it goes really slow. The set-up I have on my PC at home is I start with small screen settings and then maxminise and it all works OK.

Do you have any other suggestions? I have to admit that my laptop is not a high spec new laptop and is running Windows 2000.

To use the Team Viewer program, do I have to decode the hdf, and then look at the data files? I m getting a little bit lost. I have the AmigaSWOS version.

Many thanks for your help so far, Sensible Soccer is still the best football game ever made!

8)

More
15 years 6 months ago #52568 by Synchronated
Replied by Synchronated on topic Re: Questions
You d have to use adfview or adfopus to extract the swos/data folder from the .hdf file, then unpack the team data files in that folder using propack.
Then if you point the editor at that folder it will be able to read the files.

Oh the dancing we have to do to make SWOS work :)

Time to create page: 0.222 seconds