Re: Swos money/career/transfers editor (no more hex editing yippee)

More
10 years 6 months ago #120271 by Playaveli
A switch in this editor which lets you choose between Amiga or PC career file would be nice, indeed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #120283 by super_hoops1967
cheers guys.

still no internet at home so i can t upload the program yet (friggin virgin media!)

I ll have a look at your points fincad cheers for the info too, if its in the career file then it should be addable to the program.

Playa - I m guessing the values will be different for the amiga career? should be easy enough to add once i know what where needs changing.

More
10 years 6 months ago #120284 by FIncad
Hi!
I think, that Amigas and PCs .car files are slightly different. Values, that need to be edited are not in the same offsets, but close. I have only edited amigas .car files (in real purposes), and dont not so much about pcs.car files. But what i have looked at pc.car files with hexeditors, editable offsets are almost the same.

Cheers

Fincad

More
10 years 6 months ago #120285 by super_hoops1967
hi fincad,

do you know the values for the amiga career file where the money/unlimited transfers are? i m just trying to figure out if there s a some sort of pattern in the difference between the two files.

Cheers for uploading the career file, that makes it a lot easier for me to work on it while i m not at home (without the internet).

More
10 years 6 months ago #120287 by FIncad
Hi!
Note, that career file was made with amiga, so it works just on amigatotalpack.

This is one of my previous post here in other topic

Hexedit amigas .car file (saved career file) in offsets D87B and D87D and change both of them to FF.

That should do the trick. At least what i have tested it has worked well.

But please back up .car files and any (other)critical data before editing.

for the limited transfers (what i have studied). I will check that moneyoffsets later, when im at home.

Cheers

Fincad

PS. And one topic about amigas seasoncounter resetting (from the .car file) is here
www.sensiblesoccer.de/forum/index.php?topic=24876.0

More
10 years 6 months ago #120288 by super_hoops1967
that s brilliant thanks fincad.

I m just working on adding a new form now so when the button is selected it hides the PC options and opens the amiga options instead.

More
10 years 6 months ago #120289 by Playaveli

I m just working on adding a new form now so when the button is selected it hides the PC options and opens the amiga options instead.

Suggestion:
Auto-detect option for CAR file type! ;)

More
10 years 6 months ago #120292 by super_hoops1967
yeah i decided on that after adding in the new form. looked ugly :)

virgin have said the internet will be on between 6-7pm.....but i doubt it lol.

should be easier to work on it at home when i ve got both totalpacks to play with to see what changes are taking place.

More
10 years 6 months ago #120293 by FIncad

Hi!
Np m8. Amigas .car file moneyoffset is D5DA, so money amount (current) start here. If not so much money, first bytes are 00 00, i think you know the system.

Joboffer generator would be a nice feature, but that is lot of work i guess, cause countrynumber (f.e spain is 23) and the team number is needed (not the unique teamid), also the name of the team and moneyoffer. But creating joboffer (by editing .car file) is a good thing, cause you can edit yourself to be a nationalteam manager, other (nation) that you have chosen to be (in the start of the career).

Fincad

More
10 years 6 months ago #120297 by super_hoops1967
Hi Fincad,

that s excellent mate. how did you find out these positions?

Time to create page: 0.266 seconds