NHL "94: another timeless classic (playable online!)

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #87238 by Retrieving

Link to videos:

www.youtube.com/watch/v/lbDmbw55uJA feature=related

www.youtube.com/watch/v/57RC68_nZ70

I ve been playing lots of this lately and it s really a great game. Widely acknowledged as the best hockey videogame ever (despite Electronic Arts more recent, next-gen efforts), this is basically the Hockey equivalent of SWOS. nuff said.

Seemingly simplistic yet rather functional and effective graphics, easy to pick up controls, ridicolously steep learning curve and depth, fast as heck gameplay and tons of features such as replays, stats for pretty much everything, rules customization, lines management, etc., and it comes nicely packaged with a plug n play version of the Genesis emulator which allows for online gaming through Kaillera (same interface as our Amiga SWOS sans the display settings and with improved controller set-up menu).

Problem is that the CPU AI ain t that great and becomes very predictable after a while, so I was wondering if anybody was interested in a few online matches (unfortunately the vast majority of those who still play this game online are located in the US so playing with them is out of the picture due to high pings). :D

If you wanna get the game just click on the following link:

nhl94online.com/

scroll down, look at the bottom of the screen on the right and download the emulator + ROM from the very first link under the Downloads list (this one: Gens Package (2 Emulators Default ROM) )

Then either post here or contact me on the chat if you wanna play! ;)

EDIT: no clue why the embedded Youtube video don t work...could anybody fix them please?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #87239 by Wänä81

EDIT: no clue why the embedded Youtube video don t work...could anybody fix them please?

Sorry, i tried it, but does not work ?!

More
13 years 9 months ago #87240 by Retrieving

Sorry, i tried it, but does not work ?!

Yeah I wonder why o.O

I ll just link the videos then, thanks though.

More
13 years 9 months ago #87242 by Rock and Roll
I ve still got the original cd :). I played this a lot all those years ago.
I preferred 95 as the AI played just a bit better and there were a few more features.
But still a classic game :).

I have 09 on the PS2, still one of the greatest sports series ever.

Time to create page: 0.202 seconds