The greates Football matches in history

More
16 years 2 months ago #36640 by HairFU
Hey you remember old football matches you watch in stadium or on tv? Maybe there was really great ones and you can tell something about it? Don t you think football is also about memorys about the old days? So what was the best games you have seen live?

World Cup Quarterfinal 1998 Denmark vs. Brazil 2:3
Really one of the high classed games i seen live. Denmark in one of there best days (maybe better then in Euro 1992?), the just kicked out Nigeria with 4 - 1 who have also played one of the greatest World Cup for them.
This game was full of speed, technik and great tackles and full of great goals and excitments. Denmark managed to go in front 1 - 0, but Brazil strike back with 2 goals in 1st half. Then in 2nd half Brian Laudrup draw the game again, but Rivaldo make the 3rd goal in 60th minute for Brazil. Then i see a lot of 100% goal chances for denmark, but a shame nothing go in.

Championsleague Final 1998/199 Bayern Munich vs. Manchester United 1:2
The whole time it was a good match but not the best of all time, then the 89th minut evryone think Bayern won the cup and then ManU great comeback with 2 goals in the extra time.

Championsleague Groupstage 2000/2001 Hamburg vs. Juventus 3:4
Even if i m more like St. Pauli i must say respect to the HSV. It was one of the greatest fight and in that days the Hamburger SV was really a underdog against Juventus but managed to come back in 15 Minutes in on of the greates fights i ever seen. Hamburg was down 1 - 3 at 70th minute and managed to draw the game to 3 - 3 at the 85th minute. Then Inzaghi get a penalty for nothing at 89th minute and thats the 4 - 3 win for Juventus

German League 2001/2002 FC St. Pauli vs. Bayern Munich 2:1
It was like a Cup match. Normaly St. Pauli without a chance. They was last in league and they never managed to win, some talk about the 2nd badest 1st league team in all time. In 1st half St. Pauli managed to go in front 2 - 0 and from that point it was a great fight from St. Pauli they defend the goal and Bayern have no idea. In 87th Bayern score the 1 - 2 but thats all. One of the greates games for St. Pauli. There are still Shirts withe the motto from that win Weltpokalsiegerbesieger (World Cup winner conqueror).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 2 months ago #36708 by Playaveli

Championsleague Groupstage 2000/2001 Hamburg vs. Juventus 3:4
Even if i m more like St. Pauli i must say respect to the HSV. It was one of the greatest fight and in that days the Hamburger SV was really a underdog against Juventus but managed to come back in 15 Minutes in on of the greates fights i ever seen. Hamburg was down 1 - 3 at 70th minute and managed to draw the game to 3 - 3 at the 85th minute. Then Inzaghi get a penalty for nothing at 89th minute and thats the 4 - 3 win for Juventus

This game ended in a 4-4 draw! ;)

youtube.com/watch?v=8JRSplE_AeQ

More
16 years 2 months ago - 16 years 2 months ago #36722 by HairFU
Ok Ok, anyway it was a great game. :)

More
16 years 1 month ago #36995 by EDGAR
Bayern leverkusen Vs Benfica 4-4

youtube.com/watch?v=Bw1lILKXs5U

Inter Milan Vs Benfica 4-3

youtube.com/watch?v=ZgyD5JIYMVk

Sporting clube Portugal Vs SL Benfica 3-6

youtube.com/watch?v=e5vE6bstqXI

FC Porto Vs SL Benfica 3-3

youtube.com/watch?v=i_7cc6U0VoI

More
16 years 1 month ago #37015 by daimaou
I can t believe you forgot about this match Edgar! :o

Arsenal vs Benfica 1-3 AET for 1991/92 European Champions Clubs Cup
youtube.com/watch?v=1H2CWzbevJI

One of the most memorable matches I remember watching.

More
16 years 1 month ago - 16 years 1 month ago #37024 by lobo
Hehe.

You guys don t know what you are talking about :P

Can football game get any better:

feature=related

I don t think so.

0-3 down at half time
missed penalty and goal from rebound
120th minute point blank double save ;D
penalties victory for european glory
YNWA

As a Polish Liverpool fan I am afraid I will never ever see a better game.

More
16 years 1 month ago #37032 by daimaou
Yes lobo, fantastic match, one of the most emotive recent games I remember, you just don t see many like that these days :(. And now that you mention Liverpool, I remember another awesome game with them. It was the 2001 UEFA Cup final against Alaves. Final result 5-4.

And there was that Werder Bremen vs Anderlecht for 1993/94 UEFA CL groupstage where the germans won 5-3 after getting back from 0-3 that lasted till minute 65! I couldn t find any videos for this one though.

PS : There was also a good game at anfield a couple of seasons ago for champions league, maybe you remember:

;D ;D

More
16 years 1 month ago #37038 by lobo

PS : There was also a good game at anfield a couple of seasons ago for champions league, maybe you remember:

;D ;D

Nice try Daimaou but I m not even gonna check the link. I know what s in there :P

More
16 years 1 month ago #37049 by daimaou
Nevertheless you should check the link to remember that beatiful game, but at least you do remember ;D

• sensipla
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 1 month ago #60927 by sensipla
Replied by sensipla on topic Re: The greatest Football matches in history
For me its this:
feature=related
Czech Rep-Holland, EURO 2004, offensive football, nice.

Many of the matches mentioned above were great, Liverpool-Milan, Denmark-Brazil for instance.

Time to create page: 0.278 seconds