Re: Senseless Soccer

More
8 years 5 months ago #130412 by higgipoker
Senseless Soccer was created by higgipoker
Thought some of you might be interested in this now that the project is moving (crawling) forward (still at a very early stage, but maybe you like to follow along?).

It s just a hobby project, but would be interested in comments and discussion.

Cheers!

www.digital-minds-blog.blogspot.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #130427 by DoTa
Replied by DoTa on topic Re: Senseless Soccer
looks good :)

for me personal, the players could be a bit bigger

and the new ball against the post its a bit to heavy or? ;D ;D ;D bouncing almost back to kick-off xD

More
8 years 5 months ago #130429 by higgipoker
Replied by higgipoker on topic Re: Senseless Soccer
Thanks for checking it out. Yes the post rebound is a bit extreme... will be toned down :)

At a later stage, I ll look to take on a proper artist to make the graphics... maybe we ll end up with bigger players then. Though I do quite like the small sprites, in the spirit of Sensible Soccer!

More
8 years 5 months ago #130434 by DoTa
Replied by DoTa on topic Re: Senseless Soccer
didnt mean soooooooooooooo big ;D ;D

just even to sensi the players are to small :)

But why actually not bundle all these work from many many remake try outs to one. I think yoda soccer is the one which is really complete. (or how is the name now, ysoccer, world of soccer ant remember :) )

Or program power to amiga emulator to make multiplayer more stable.

But wish your luck :)

More
8 years 5 months ago #130437 by higgipoker
For me it s more about the fun/learning experience of actually programming the game. I don t offer it as something better than the original, or yoda or any other versions out there. I will be completely selfish in implementing features how I like them :D

I am resolved to actually following the project through to a finished game though, so let s see how it goes.

Cheers for the feedback.

More
8 years 5 months ago #130452 by higgipoker
Dampened the posts a bit :p

More
8 years 5 months ago #130453 by barnettgs
Replied by barnettgs on topic Re: Senseless Soccer
Although it is at early stage but it does look good. Players size seems ok.

Fast-paced gameplay is exactly what is needed.

More
8 years 5 months ago #130454 by higgipoker
Thanks for checking it out.

Though it s not apparent yet, there is quite a big AI system underneath. As well as going for simple and fun gameplay like sensi, one of my goals is to make the coaching mode more meaningful.

Kind of like a very simple version of the modern manager games but with the sensi game engine. I want manager decisions to be more meaningful in the coaching mode, so if you have a strong, tall player up front, and tell your team to play long balls, the effects of your instructions will be obvious in the match engine (or game stats if you sim it).

Whilst I m a big fan of Football Manager (since 93!), it too often lacks that obvious feedback and solid consequences of your decisions. The game is so deep with so many stats and so may things that effect performance, I feel that your choices often get lost in the wash.

With a simple match engine like sensi, I m hoping it will make your decisions more visible and meaningful. It doesn t have to be realistic, just fun!

More
8 years 5 months ago #130461 by higgipoker
Here s the first iteration of goalkeeper behavior. The first sensi had famously dodgy keepers because of deadline rushes. I can see why, keepers are hard to program nicely!

• steviebwoy78
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #130520 by steviebwoy78
Replied by steviebwoy78 on topic Re: Senseless Soccer
This looks very promising to me :) What platforms are you thinking of releasing this for? I d love to see it on Xbox One personally!

One observation is that the AI defence seems pretty weak at the moment - is that because you ve not yet programmed the AI for this yet? Also, the ball control seems very tight - again, I guess this is something you re going to address. The ball zooms in far too much as well if you ask me - you can hardly see the pitch when the keeper kicks the ball out! That s one hell of a high kick!

The career mode sounds great; as long as you have all the buy/sell/loan/reserve players of SWOS you can t go too far wrong imho :)

My only wish would be to add multiplayer elements - that being, you can play 1-4 players on the same team. It makes a game so much more fun and accessible if people can play it together as well as against each other in pairs.

Just my thoughts :)

Time to create page: 0.213 seconds