Re: Synchronated Updates

• Betichus
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 6 months ago #126276 by Betichus
Hi to all, i have started to edit the temas using pc swos editor 1.40. i have somes questions that are torturated me. First, How can I create new teams and added to a league?. I don´t find this option. Second, I don´t understand well the skills´points sytem. For example, if I put 8 points for a player skill, it´s not better than 6??. Thank you in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #126283 by Synchronated
You can t really add teams, you pretty much just have to edit the teams that already exist.
You *can* do it - but it s complicated (it s best done with a manual hex edit) and will almost always result in a crash somewhere down the line even if you diligently use available unique IDs etc. because SWOS itself doesn t expect the team to exist.
In the end I didn t include any added teams in my last update IIRC.
You also have to bear in mind that if you promote/relegate teams so that there is a different number of teams in a league division in your data file, you have to hack the sws.exe (PC) or SWOS2 (Amiga) file so that it expects the new number, otherwise that league won t work in most of the game modes.

The skill points are like this:
7=15 = best
6=14
5=13 = good
4=12
3=11
2=10 = bad
1=9
0=8 = worst
A number above 7 seems to be what makes the skill appear in the transfer market skills filter in career mode, but there doesn t seem to be any other reason they exist. I included values above 7 in my final updates for this reason only (and even then it s flawed, e.g. a 11 will show in the filter but a 7 won t, even though a 7 is much, much better than an 11), and I took into account that they really equal 0-7 values. So if you want a 7 to be searchable in career mode transfers, write 15 instead. You can use just 0-7 and the players will be as good as they can be, and the default transfer value will equate to the number of skill points in total if they are treated as 0-7 (0 points = £25k-, 1 point = £25k ... 48 points = £15m, 49 points = £15m+)

So yes, a 8 is much worse than a 6 or 7. Make some teams with all 8s and some with all 7s and test it :) that s the kind of test I have done lots of

• OsciBosci
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 6 months ago #126286 by OsciBosci
Replied by OsciBosci on topic Re: Synchronated Updates: now 2013-14 v1.0 final
How do you determined what stats should players from the weaker teams have? For example from my country - Poland. You use the values from transermarkt.de but the values are not the same as real skills/stats.

More
9 years 6 months ago #126289 by Synchronated
They are mostly generated from their role with some random varying factors, with adjustments for height/age (ensure old players are slow, tall players have good heading, that kind of thing) that make it somewhat believable/realistic.

• OsciBosci
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 6 months ago #126290 by OsciBosci
Replied by OsciBosci on topic Re: Synchronated Updates: now 2013-14 v1.0 final
Ok but you have made an impressive database and it is very similar to the reality. You once uploaded SyncSWOS1314dataextract , and my question is: how do you know that player X should have better stats than player Y?

More
9 years 6 months ago #126292 by Synchronated
Well in SWOS, transfer value is directly related to stats. So a more valuable player/international player generally has better stats. The rest is just making each stat relative to the other based on preferred position, age, height. Seems realistic as long as it s a good estimate IMO, largely because it s a relatively simple game.

• Sandro
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 6 months ago #126293 by Sandro
Hi there,
I m newly registered here but I ve been a faithful visitor of this great forum for a long time.

Here are updates 2014-15 for Italy and Republic of Ireland. Is it ok to post them here or should we start a new thread?

Please, note that the number of teams in each league has been modified and reflects the number ot team in reality.

Cheers
Attachments:

More
9 years 6 months ago #126294 by Synchronated
Probably best to start a new thread for general updates (or for your own) :)

• Betichus
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 6 months ago #126298 by Betichus
Thanks for your help Synchro. I will try to update the leagues as soon as possible.

More
9 years 6 months ago #126299 by Playaveli
Thanks Synchronated, for all the massive great work you have done over the past years.
Your nickname has become a synonym for SWOS updates and your input into this forum and the community is unprecedented.

I hope you will get back on it some day.

Time to create page: 0.290 seconds