Sensible Days 2014 - Billund, Denmark - July 26/27

9 years 7 months ago #125243 by ElMichaJ
The Day after the Days is always like a black hole of nothing, living in dreams and scenes of last weekend i am checking first photos and ranking changes.

this was a very great weekend, i had so much fun and talked a lot to old and new friends.

sleeping, eating, swossing, talking ... everything was great :)
the danish hosts did a very cool and great job :)
also rock was a very admin and helped a lot with the other tournaments and result entering.

i think, that was the first time, that i didnt had any admin tasks :) so could concentrate to play and doing small talk :D

it was a very good field of players on high level. So the groupstages were really interesting and difficult to play.

big thx to the danish crew and all helpers, who made this days to a big event :)

Hey Hey Hey .... El Micha J !!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #125245 by djowGer
A big thanks to all who made this weekend a wonderful experience, and created such a great atmosphere. I still feel like I haven t slept for a week, despite a good night sleep. Totally exhausted, but with a big smile on my face. Im so happy that everything went pretty smooth despite some minor technical issues here and there. The team who organized the Sensi Days 2014 (Andib, Klaris and myself) are very grateful to hear that so many liked the organization, the food, and location. It means a lot to us, and gives us motivation to still keep organizing Sensible events in the future.

I was hoping for a danish medal at the days, but I honestly didn t believe that I would be the one to lift the AMIGA trophy in the end. A very surreal experience. Thx for all the support, especially from my danish mates, but also all others who cheered for me. Also a big congrats to Marin for his long awaited PC championship win. Congrats mate!

My home is a mess right now, with I don t know how much SWOS equipment lying around, but as soon as I get everything sorted out, I will upload the photos I took, and of course the recorded AMIGA knockout games. :)

9 years 7 months ago #125246 by ElMichaJ
arrrrr ^^ i am waiting for the pc replays ^^ ;)

Hey Hey Hey .... El Micha J !!!

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #125247 by djowGer

arrrrr ^^ i am waiting for the pc replays ^^ ;)

We played on Playaveli s PCs so perhaps he will upload them at some point.

A few of my photos here: picasaweb.google.com/djowGer/DAYS2014

More
9 years 7 months ago #125250 by Marin Parushev
Probably the last ones who got home - me and Nikola landed at Sofia airport a couple of hours ago. This whole week was an absolute adventure for both of us. Not counting the flights to Berlin and back we drove over 1700km, stopped for smoke/piss pause at least 30 times, visited 6 cities (Berlin, Hamburg, Odense, Copenhagen, Helsingor, Billund), spent almost 1000Euro each of us. And finally its time to make a list of all the people I d like to thank to. Without them I wouldn t have been that successful.

Rock N Roll - we did it man! Thank you for your great support in the past 3 years!!! The trophy this year is at least 30% yours!
The organizers (Andib, Klaris, Djowger) - flawless organization. I confess I underestimated you guys.
Nikola - great company and I couldn t have joined without sharing the car expenses.
Schulle - thank you for lending me your shaving foam so I wouldn t look like Trifon Ivanov!

And of course thanks to everyone who came for the friendly atmosphere and the nice chats around the SWOS camp.

Now that the days are over it s time to:
1. celebrate with the Bulgarian SWOS fans (who are grateful that I didn t put them to shame with my performance).
2. Set some goals for the next year (e.g. defend the title and maybe win the Classic Sensi Tournament).

Stay sensible,
Marin

More
9 years 7 months ago #125252 by djowGer
Okay. Started editing and uploading Amiga replays. Final can be seen here:

The rest of the games will uploaded when they are ready. The list can be seen here: www.sensiblesoccer.de/forum/index.php?to....msg125251#msg125251

More
9 years 7 months ago #125260 by Playaveli
Hey everybody!

It has been another great Sensible Days event.
Big respect to the Danish crew for their organizing effort. Perfect, flawless, outstanding! You can choose from these attributes...

Congratulations to Marin for finally winning the PC world cup title. It just had to happen sooner or later (and I got my bet right!)! Well done, with a lot of consistency and substance over the last years. Also much respect to you, Marin and Nikola for your traveling.
Congratulations to djowGer for finally winning a World Cup, even sweeter for your personal taste that it s the Amiga title. Watching those replays again, one can clearly see that the time was right for you, and again even sweeter that is has happened on home ground! And some extra respect for organizing and winning the World Cup at the same time, such an incredible achievement! And even some more respect for killing 6 Amiga World Cup titles (Lobo 1x, Playaveli 3x, ALI 2x) to finally win it yourself!
I had a short talk with ALI about us being dethroned and we both agreed in seconds that the right players took the titles!

Congratulations to ElMichaJ for silver medal on PC!!!! Man, he truly lived up to his name, favorite killer. What an awesome performance on PC, marching through a field of mines (Playaveli, djowGer and Foka). Outstanding!

Congratulations to St. Vitus... FIRST DOUBLE WINNER since myself in 2007!! It had to be a German to do this... ;) no matter if it s the golden pineapple.

I m really happy to have won the Classic Sensible Soccer tournament. Cool final vs. Dzem, ending with penalties! ;D
Also the bronze medal on Amiga SWOS means a lot to me.

Thanks to everybody for coming, playing, and being the same great persons as ever.
CU next year, at the latest! Maybe before... Take care.

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #125261 by djowGer
A couple of people requested me to upload the stats book from Sensible Days. History and stats from 04-13 is available here in .pdf format.

The book is printed on both sides on A4 format, folded into an A5 book.

Depending on your printer settings here is some ways to do it.

The easiest is to print all of the document, but only uneven numbers. In example instead of printing all document. Print certain pages like: 15, 13, 11, 9, 7, 5, 3, 1. Then pick all of these up without changing order and put back in paper tray (usually the same way they came out). Then tell printer to print: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16.

You might need a test print with 1 or 2 pages, before printing the whole set. Good luck, have fun. ;)

If the print looks weird, you can try the .docx version with fonts included (remember to install fonts first):
www.sendspace.com/file/h1sgyr
Attachments:

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #125276 by dior
What a tournamnet was that. First of all i want to thank the Danish Crew for organizing this years Days so perfectly. We had great location, all aprowization we needed, minimum technical problems, world cup atmosphere and finally great games and some big surprises during whole event.
Congratulations for the winners.
Finally Marin was able to win the PC and join probably most exclusive swos club - the dubble club. Only two guys could manage to win PC and Amiga trophy, Playa and Marin. Will be the next one?
Congratulations for Elmichaj for that crazy road to the PC finall! It was nice to see your sneaky, real football based play style to be so effective and atractice to watch.
Congratulations for Djowger, you finally did it! And you was able to play the best games during the whole cup as an main organizer. Thats verry respectable and impresive.

Speciall gratulations goes to St. Vitus! Fantastic job to win the both cucumber cups (that how polish swos team calls it). Next year i will deffenitly do it more difficult for you :) BTW it was great idea. We have to keep it!

Thank you Polish SWOS Team for still beaing the crazy, sarcastic bunch of great friends. I hope to travel with you for many more of tournaments, many more years to come.

I had very enjoyded it! It was great time, i miss it already.

Thank you once again!

dior

More
9 years 7 months ago #125278 by AndYpsilon

Finally Marin was able to win the PC and join probably most exclusive swos club - the dubble club. Only two guys could manage to win PC and Amiga trophy, Playa and Marin. Will be the next one?

I hate to correct you mate but I have to :)

Redhair won Amiga in 2005 and PC in 2006 at Sensi Days.

Time to create page: 0.235 seconds