Correct competition names in SS2006

More
15 years 9 months ago - 15 years 9 months ago #45918 by Hellenstone
After installing EreWeGo s great EURO2008 0.4 Patch I want now to edit the competition names to the correct ones. But I m a bit confused and need some help:
In Germany there are 5 competions in SS2006. But I only know 4 competions in the real world today:
1) = 1. Bundesliga
2) = 2. Bundesliga
3) = DFB-Pokal
4) = ? ? ? (absolutely no idea)
5) = Liga-Pokal

The fifth competition is named German Shield and the trophy shown is the Liga-Pokal .
But whats the 4th competion in the row???

The same thing with all other countrys where there is a competition named Shield like, Portugal, England...
???
Thanks for any help

„Es ist wichtig, dass man neunzig Minuten mit voller Konzentration an das nächste Spiel denkt“
Lothar Matthäus – Rekordnationalspieler Deutschlands

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 9 months ago #45921 by Pallister
Shield? Best defence maybe ;D

No, really no idea, sorry! But I also want it to know...

More
15 years 9 months ago #45924 by Hellenstone
This is really strange...
The German Shield definitely is the Liga-Pokal as you can see when you look at the trophy shown. The grafic is nearly 1:1 to the original Liga trophy...

„Es ist wichtig, dass man neunzig Minuten mit voller Konzentration an das nächste Spiel denkt“

More
15 years 9 months ago #45925 by EreWeGo
Sorry Guys,

I didn t make the update, it s the great work of Muzzer and Sganton - I just made the MegaPatch and Sensi Starter utility. I ll see if I can get Muzzer or Sganton to explain the updates and what they ve done, as well as any limitations that we have with editing SS2006.

:)

More
15 years 9 months ago #45931 by Muzzer71
Hi Guys, sorry but Sganton did the work on the competition settings, so I don t know how it s been set up exactly. But from what I know of the English Competitions, we have a Charity Shield which is the first game of the season played between the League Winners and the FA Cup winners of the previous season. I guess Codemasters thought it was something that other countries (Spain, Germany and Italy) should have. This wouldn t be a competition that Sganton created, he s just putting a couple of teams into this competition which Codemasters devised. They were probably in the game so you could win those ridiculous custom kits that Codies thought would be a good idea to include.

Hope that helps and you enjoy the updates.

More
15 years 9 months ago #45935 by Hellenstone
Don t worry man!
Just want to have my SS2006 as original as possible so I just wondered about the 5 competitions in Germany.

By the way: How do you edit team names? I want to have the VfB in front of Stuttgart for example but ingame i have to write Vf B Stuttgart the get the B as a capital letter...

Are there new updates (version 0.5) up to come or just a new Mega Patch?

More
15 years 9 months ago #45947 by Muzzer71
Hi Grisu,

I understand totally, we ve tried to get everything as correct as possible... but it s not always possible :-[

You can edit the team names another way, but as I said on a response to your other question, it s very messy and takes a long time... and it s very easy to get it wrong and screw everything up.

Yes, there will be new updates, Sganton (who is the real driving force behind this project) plans version 1.0 release for the new season with updated squads for 2008/09.

More
15 years 9 months ago #45951 by Hellenstone
Thanks for this information and your fantastic work!
Don t worry, was just an idea, than I ll correct the division and cup names to correct ones and ignore the Shield competitions.

Version 1.0 sounds great! Keep on goin !

More
15 years 9 months ago - 15 years 9 months ago #45978 by Hellenstone
Hello to all SS2006 players.
I did some ingame editing to the club competitions now and decided to post my edits here. Perhaps someone wants to use it too.
Everythings is done with the ingame editor, so no special letters/signs or numbers, To get capital letters you have to leave a space between the letters.
The order is from left to right. As mentioned above some competitions (e.g. some Shields) are fictional.

Europe:
Supercup, Champsleague, UEFA Cup
England:
Premier League, English League, FA Cup, League Cup, FA Shield
France:
Ligue Un, Ligue Deux, Coupe France, Coupe Ligue
Germany:
1 Bundesliga, 2 Bundesliga, DFB Pokal, Ligapokal, DFL Trophäe
Holland:
Eredivisie, Eerste Divisie, KNVB Cup, Divisie Cup
Italy:
Lega Serie A, Lega Serie B, Coppa Italia, Supercoppa, LC Scudetto
Portugal:
Super Liga, Liga De Honra, Taca Portugal, Taca Liga
Scotland:
Scots Premier, Scots League, Scots FA Cup, Scottish Cup
Spain:
Primera Div, Segunda Div, Copa Del Rey, Copa De Liga, RFEF Trofeo

• Sganton
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 9 months ago #46136 by Sganton
Replied by Sganton on topic Re: Correct competition names in SS2006
Hi Grisu_HDH,

Muzzer many thanks for addressing his questions!

It is great that you have corrected the names of the competitions!

As you may notice, our most current update is version 0.4. It was not in our plans to edit the competition names until version 1.0. Currently we are also working to figure out how to change competition formats. Along these lines, the suggested names you posted on the site will be used in version 1.0.

Regarding which teams appear where, as Muzzer mentioned I am mostly behind any editing. As with competition names, the selection of the teams appearing in the game s competitions are a work in progress as well. Rest assured that at some point in the future we shall release a tutorial on how to change the teams that participate in competitions.

As for competition like the charity shield which typically involves the national champion playing against the the cup winner this competition may in some countries maybe referred as the super cup or as you pinpointed may not exist in the real world. At the moment I am not able to eliminate competitions from the game, but in any case your argument is well spotted from a football purist view.

Please visit our site and send us an email so that we can keep in touch. In addition, we always welcome people who are willing to contribute in the next update, since our effort is for all of us who are fans of SS06.

Thanks,

Sganton

Time to create page: 0.238 seconds