SWOS 16/17 - real life tournament suggestions needed

More
7 years 4 months ago #135930 by Cool_amigaN
Hello, we are hosting an upcoming major Amiga gathering in less than a month and given the recent release of swos 16/17 update we would like to held a live tournament.

Given this is going to be the 1st time for us, I would like to hear some suggestions from past/present organizers or players that attended similar events.

First some questions:
1) We plan on having maxed of 16 players, how should the tournament be held (league of 2 groups x 8 teams or 4 groups x 4 teams and then knock out rounds based on aggregate scores, or something completely different that you have participated into and would like to suggest)? Should the final be 1 round or 2 rounds as well? Does the number of players sound ok to you, or we should reach for more? How much time will it take for the tournament from start to finish with approx. 16 players (or more, if you suggest so) do you believe?

2) What type of teams should the players be able to choose (club/nationals/edited)? Should the teams be chosen by the organizers and then allocated by draw live on the players? Does the all teams equal option actually work? Should custom tactics be allowed?

3) What does the seeded option actually does when creating a tournament?

I would also like to take the opportunity to thank everyone that helped with this fantastic release, your work guys is amazing and much appreciated!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago #135939 by Playaveli
Where is the tournament? Where are you located?

1) 16 player -- 2 groups of 8 players (played on 2 Amigas, with DIY leagues). Then proceed with round of Last 16 (1st of A vs 8th of B) etc... KO tree.
Tournament time depends on group stage (1 or 2 legs).
If you not have a whole day, but 4 Amigas, then better split up in 4 groups of 4. Then continue with KO tree.

2) Type of teams = Free choice! Everybody can import his team into Edited Custom teams. So Barca vs. Barca = possible. No advantage for anyone. Here is a video on how to import teams to custom teams: www.sensiblesoccer.de/forum/index.php?topic=24912.0

3) You shouldn t bother with that. Play groups as DIY leagues. Then KO matches as DIY Cup with 2 players each.

Nice to hear that you will do a tournament.
I can image that people from here might be interested to join. Please tell us more details.

More
7 years 4 months ago #136104 by Cool_amigaN
@Playaveli

Thanks for the suggestions.

The tournament has been set. It will occur on 11/12 downtown Athens. For more info (in Greek), pls read here . If anyone is interest in coming, pls confirm it either in this thread, in a local forum thread found here or complete the form that can be found here .

We are still looking forward to 3-4 players max. So reserve your seat now :)

More
7 years 3 months ago #136160 by Playaveli

@Playaveli

Thanks for the suggestions.

The tournament has been set. It will occur on 11/12 downtown Athens. For more info (in Greek), pls read here . If anyone is interest in coming, pls confirm it either in this thread, in a local forum thread found here or complete the form that can be found here .

We are still looking forward to 3-4 players max. So reserve your seat now :)

Promoted your event on Facebook! :)
Nice effort. Hope you ll have a great one.

More
7 years 3 months ago #136355 by Cool_amigaN
@Playaveli

Thank you!
The event went really smooth. With the help of 4 Amigas it lasted around 2.5 hours between 16 players. You can check the final on the RetroPlanet Mag facebook page HERE . Apart from the final match also the trophy awarding is being covered :) I hope to make a full report in English for the international audience the following days.

More
7 years 3 months ago #136357 by Playaveli

@Playaveli

Thank you!
The event went really smooth. With the help of 4 Amigas it lasted around 2.5 hours between 16 players. You can check the final on the RetroPlanet Mag facebook page HERE . Apart from the final match also the trophy awarding is being covered :) I hope to make a full report in English for the international audience the following days.

Very nice, and congrats on your tournament. I hope you enjoyed the 16/17 update.
I d like to publish your English report on our FB page... Looking forward to it! :)

More
7 years 2 months ago #136585 by Cool_amigaN
@Playaveli

A little late as submission report but anyone interested can read the review of the live tournament in English here (combined with the 5th AmiCamp report and a great photo story!). Furthermore, the final match can be seen in Retro Planet s magazine Facebook page here . Unfortunately I didn t had the time to plan the view of the final/semi-finals in a flickerfixer projector but now it s on the to-do list.

Without the effort of the sensi community playing with updated rosters 16/17 would be possible!

Time to create page: 0.220 seconds