Respect for your opponents

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #94431 by Emmeti
I don t understand you guys...really.
Fair Play in ss.de, that s what we re talking about, no ISSF. Unless now we find out Schulleeee is not a ss.de member and games are not entered here in ss.de. Actually he said he s sorry and I agree with Waenae when he says most cases sorry is enough, and I think this is the case, so I don t understand you people...what do you want from me?

Lemon didn t ask for ban or punishment as far as I know, but it s very strange he didn t even get a word from admins...that s all.
I thought maybe because it was schulleee and I told you so...

But may I ask you: Why should I post here and point a finger on Schulle? Everyone knows that he isn t the best looser and easily frustrated. That s cold coffee for me and quite boring. And I guess for everyone else, too. Nevertheless it was ok from Lemon to post it, so that new members know what to expect! But for us old blokes it s nothing new and no reason to warm up food from the day before yesterday!

Actually from you guys (admins) I just expect you doing your job (that you do extremely well, that s why I am surprised), that means, give the guy at least a warning (don t do it again or...)and not let the topic rot for more than 2 months (and you posted just because someone like me started complaining not because you felt that was the case); this kind of behaviour should not be tolerated, especially if that s not the first time (that s what I got from your words).
Playaveli if you re used to that kind of attitude from schulleee or whoever, that s your choice to accept that, other people may not like that kind of behaviour though and I am sure that is against the ss.de s fair play policy.
Lemon deserved at least a word from admins, that s all I am trying to say.

Btw, where was your post in the first place? Or posts from other part of community (who are on your/Retri s/whoever side) ? There was none... weird, too! We all started posting on the same day (24th of Nov.)

I am not sure I understand your words here....I try to reply for what I understood : I am not an admin, am I? Since when do you care if I post or not? Was I supposed to reply to Lemon?
About the part of the community, Part of the community just means : some people in the community. There s no party, no faction, no Union...I also do not represent anyone, but if someone in the community thinks what retri said, I wonder where it comes from , that s all. I don t know if you mean that, but I am not responsible for people posting or not posting even the ones the maybe would agree with me; I don t ask people to back me up, my decision to post is just mine. I am just a member posting because disappointed about Lemon not receiving a reply he (in my opinion) deserved from you admins. Is that so difficult to understand?

^^Again, only a baseless assumption! Or easier said: Only your feeling!
I have some feeling as well: 95% of all your posts in this forum are in topics like this one (or in even worse ones, drenged with negativity). Why is that?

Oh, now I know admins do not check forum often and do not post on forum. Good to know, I was so sure they were doing their job.
Oh, the old negativity thing again? Boring. This is becoming a personal attack, I don t like that.

In my case it is very simple! I can t watch the KREC file, because of desync everytime i want to watch it. And i downloaded the file on the same day lemonheadiv has posted the topic.

The other reason is written here before. This is a problem from the ISSF! They have own rules for such problems.

Easy, isn t it?

Btw. I only started to post here, because of your provocation (i have no other word for that).

Ok, so Waenae thought ISSF admins were supposed to handle this, now I know, that makes sense.
Funny would be to know ISSF admins thought this was ss.de s jurisdiction :) (I think this is ss.de material, not ISSF)
About the provocation, lol...I actually consider your last line a provocation, whatever, who cares.

Jokes apart, Schulleee said he s sorry, admins replied...I am happy with that. I actually agree with a lot of things Lobo and Waenae said so...for me this discussion is over (I mean, I think I have nothing more to say about, I don t mean close topic) and actually it s slowly going off-topic, if you want to talk about other things I think it would be better to create a new topic.
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 4 months ago #94435 by Rock and Roll
As I already posted, if people feel this should have been handled by the ISSF admins (there are two admins; namely Eleven and Schulle, and three committee members who help with the day to day running; namely Lestat, Ruichi and myself), then I promise this will be done next time.
In this case I didn t think I, and more importantly the ISSF were the ones who should post on this matter. Maybe I, and we were wrong.

Reading the discussion here, I think this is going in the wrong direction. Which is why I m posting my thoughts.

I ve had people talk to me in the chat about this issue (I d prefer not to name people as I can t see this being constructive to the discussion).

Lesson learned here, someone (a ss.de or/and an ISSF admin) should always visibly react in such a situation.
If there isn t a swift reaction, it could be handy to pm the ss.de or ISSF admins about it.
Otherwise people can take this the wrong way (especially if it concerns a major figure in the community), which is what Retrieving and mt have posted.

The other side is clear too, this topic wasn t missed on purpose. The incident has been noted and the necessary action has been taken.

Compliments to all who are participating in this discussion while I m the only one who s mother tongue is English.
Sure I can speak a bit of German, 100 words of Italian, and a few swear words in Polish :), but I m nowhere near as fluent in these languages as you guys are in English (though your Dutch sucks :P). A few things are being misinterpreted here, and that s derailing the discussion (in my opinion at least).
No-one means to attack anyone else, no-one is trying to spread a negative message to the community.

So now we all now how things work, time for a group hug? A bit of early Christmas cheer.
More
13 years 4 months ago #94436 by Wänä81
You are right, Rock! The best words you can find at the end from that discussion. :)

Merry Christmas everybody.

Topic can be closed, i think?!
More
13 years 4 months ago #94438 by dimetrodon
So this is Christmas...
More
13 years 4 months ago #94439 by lemonheadiv

In my case it is very simple! I can t watch the KREC file, because of desync everytime i want to watch it. And i downloaded the file on the same day lemonheadiv has posted the topic.

Whoops...
More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #94441 by Retrieving

Bans or something like that are only given for not entering official results or for insults.

Just one quick thing I d like to point out:

How is constantly belittling your opponent throughout the whole match with derogatory comments, implying that you aren t losing because he s playing better than you but due to either the alleged CPU goalkeeper s incompetency or plain luck instead, and scoring own goals out of spite as if you were letting them take the win not an insult?

Let s be honest here. That s prolly even worse than shit-talking and namecalling someone out of rage in the spur of the moment right after a match, imho. It s a truly despicable conduct and ANYTHING BUT a display of fair-play.

Truth is, Schulle was getting SCHOOLED BIG TIME by Lemonhead s far, far superior flow and killer plays and he shouldn t have been blaming anybody but himself.

Now, I m not asking for a ban either unless it s a symbolic, 1 hour ban or something because f**k it, we all share the same passion for the game and are here to have fun (...and prolly Shulleee s done a lot of positive stuff for the community as well, let s not forget that), that being said stuff like that shouldn t be tolerated in any way, shape or form during matches and people shouldn t be allowed to get away with it just because they re mods or friend of friends.

As to why the thread was flat out ignored for so long...you do the math.

...by the way a similar thing occurred to me during an ISSF Cup final, my opponent went as far as subbing in his 2nd GK and would constantly bring up the stats screen and comment my goals with irking remarks such as pfffffffffffffffffffffff and grotesque , unlike Lemon though I was just laffing my ass off the whole time thinking at how mad he could ve possibly been and that made my victory all that much sweeter haha ;D)
More
13 years 4 months ago #94445 by Playaveli

Oh, the old negativity thing again? Boring. This is becoming a personal attack, I don t like that.

I didn t say you are negativ! But the topics you post in (in 95%) are surely not positive ones. This is not a personal attack, but only sort of an assessment.

As my main question to you about a list of names for the two sides you claim to exist here (more equal people and other part of community) remains still unanswered, I really think this exists only in your imagination.
More
13 years 4 months ago #94446 by Rock and Roll
Jingle Bells Jingle Bells....

I bought my Christmas Tree on Monday, but still haven t had the time to put in the living room and decorate it.
I m thinking of multi-coloured lights (I hate plain, sterile white ones).

To get you all in the spirit: www.skyradio.nl/player/skyradio-seasonal .

(Yes, this is a pathetic attempt to change the direction of the thread....again.)
More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #94455 by Playaveli
To end this controverse discussion:
We know each other for years and we have to accept the fact that we have different point of views and feelings about any kind of situations. And we are even bored (eg myself and mt) by that!
Of course, it would be nice if everyone would agree with each other on everything. But that would bring us nowhere.
Without different kind of views we wouldn t have created such a great place for our beloved game, where all kinds of competitions, rules etc have been, are and will be organized. And to me, that s just great and fantastic sign of productivity.

So, what we have to achieve is something productive rather than a topic full of blabla and hot air!

I (as an admin) would like to integrate something in our main rule book ( CLICK HERE ) which allows sort of punishment for unfair behaviour/disrespect/provocation which occurs in any competition which uses ss.de as a platform.

So, mt653, Retri, lemonheadiv and everyone else:
Please formulate a paragraph for such situations which is sort of undisputable (include quotes etc etc.)! Formulate a justified ban-time as well!
Once it s done we will have a public voting (by posts, not by clicks) about it. Or if you don t think a voting is necessary we ll just include it without the communities agreement (YEAH, Playa the dictator!!! :) )

To me, that s the best we can do about it! And I can t see anyone disagreeing on that after all what was written here!
Thank you, guys!
More
13 years 4 months ago #94456 by Wänä81

Whoops...

THX...that is an original Schulle ;D
Time to create page: 0.253 seconds