Re: Furious Controller - New Arcade Board with Adapter to Amiga

More
14 years 6 months ago - 14 years 5 months ago #75553 by St.Vitus
Check this out. Seems to me lilke an improvement to good old X-Arcade Stick. The clou is - there is an existing Adapter for Amiga available.

Plus: You can add your own design before ordering.
www.furiouscontroller.com/content/view/4/4/
Minus: Not cheap. :-) But hey: Sanwa arcade parts are used.... nearly undestroyable...
I think I will get myself one for X-mas or so....  ;D

BTW: Here you can order the stick: 
www.wolfsoft.de/shop/product_info.php/pr...asic-version%29.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago - 14 years 5 months ago #75635 by Retrieving
I ve been making custom arcade-sticks for quite some time now (it has sort of become a side-job nowadays and I ve even made a Sensible-stick not too long ago, check it out ) and I can tell ya that 229 € (basic model) + 79 € (X360 compatibility...why couldn t they just hack a 24.90 € Gamestop brand joypad PCB instead is beyond me) + 19 € (Amiga compatibility...which in fact takes just a 1~2 € DB9 cable and a 5 minutes soldering job, lol) - total 327 Euro + shipping unless Babelfish messed up - for a rather standardish, 10 buttons stick made out of MDF is a little over the top.

I could make you (an extremely polished) one for roughly 250 Euros (make it 200 if you re going for just PC/Amiga and one system between PS3 and X360) and you d get to pick the size of the case, the materials, the buttons layout and so forth (custom artworks included). ヽ(・∀・)人(・∀・)ノ

More
14 years 5 months ago #75644 by St.Vitus
Wow - nice work Retreiving. Didn t be aware of that fact. Looks very interesting to me..., especially that I am an old fan of the MAME Project. Playing Space Invaders when I was 4.... Know what I mean...

FC:
Sure it`s a high price.... but I just wanted to tell that there is an arcade controller with ready-to-go Amiga Adapter outside, wich afaik wasn t before...

Again: Good work! ;)

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds