Amiga keyboard joystick

More
14 years 9 months ago #69836 by Wänä81
WOW Great !!!! Looking forward too see that masterpiece in action . I hope you bring them to the Sensi days ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago #69840 by Retrieving
Of course I will be bringing it! :D

More
14 years 9 months ago #69857 by dior
Replied by dior on topic Re: Amiga keyboard joystick
I can only say i saw a lot of crazy controlers for SWOS. I build some by myself (like pads or work on joystick s upgrade). But something like that i newer seen before and i wouldnt imagine so great solution - two sticks - one for main control, second for fast pass s etc. I would love to try it.

More
14 years 9 months ago #69872 by Playaveli
Incredible piece of work. Looking forward to see it live in action.
Btw, can you tear the pixelmen into pieces if you steer left with left stick and right with right stick at the same time? ;D

More
14 years 9 months ago - 14 years 9 months ago #69874 by Retrieving

Btw, can you tear the pixelmen into pieces if you steer left with left stick and right with right stick at the same time? ;D

haha I wish, that d make for some nifty Captain Tsubasa ish (Die tollen Fußballstars?) action! ;D

Jokes aside I wired the sticks in a way that gives the left one priority (electrically speaking) over the right one, which means, in layman s terms, that whenever the left stick gets activated it literally takes over (regardless of the position of the right stick) at which point the pixellated men will start following its instructions no matter what and won t stop until it goes back to neutral position. :D

More
14 years 9 months ago #70751 by Playaveli
Do you need an extra power supply for this thing?
Maybe you ve mentioned it above and I missed it.

More
14 years 9 months ago - 14 years 9 months ago #70752 by Retrieving
nope, the stick is common ground just like the old Commodore-era controllers and it uses very little power, therefore it works exactly like a regular Amiga joystick: once you ve plugged it into the Amiga joystick port you re set (I actually just dug up a 9 pin s cord from one of my old Quickshot Apache s, exposed the wires on the end farthest from the plug, used a multimeter to figure out which wire goes to which pin and wired the sticks microswitches accordingly) and it doesn t need an external power supply on PC/Playstation 3 either since it s equipped with a USB cable as well! :D

More
14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #71459 by Retrieving
one of my best friends was coming over to play SWOS on my Amiga 1200 (he doesn t play online nonetheless he s pretty skillful and agreed to be my sparring partner for an entire afternoon since I need as much training as possible Vs. human opponents) but called while on the way here to inform me that he had forgotten to pick up his joystick.

I was like damn, I can t miss this training session, I ve got to do something about it ...so this is what I ve managed to put together with a bunch of scrap parts and some leftovers from my previous custom-stick in roughly a hour and a half (I knew he used to love the TAC2/Competition PRO-style controllers back in the days so that s what inspired the design):

not as polished as I would have liked but not too shabby either for just a couple hours of work. I ll prolly tweak it a bit next week and get it painted.

By the way, You can either keep it in your left hand Konix Speedking-style (hence the lateral button, you d push it with your left thumb while holding the stick with your right hand) or place it on a table/desk and use it just like any other arcade-stick.

For those who re curious I got the Challenge Court logo from an old tennis shirt I used to wear in the 90 s (it belonged to some overly colorful line of clothing made by Nike that Andre Agassi used to wear back then), I just folded it and scanned the huge print on the back lol.

So yeah, does anybody need a joystick for the Days? ;)

Time to create page: 0.230 seconds