Re: Hi everyone!

More
17 years 1 month ago #15874 by regjames
Hi everyone! was created by regjames
Hi,

Im not sure I should be posting this in here, so i apologise now if I have got it wrong!
Just a quick note to say hello to everyone as I am a new member.

I used to play sensible soccer for hours everyday when I was younger, I practised so much that my mates stopped playing against me!

My Amiga 500 was boxed up about 10 years ago and put out in the garage with an Amiga 1200 which I was given years ago.
Whilst thinking back with my mate the other day we remembered how good sensible soccer was so I went out in the garage and tried to start the old Amigas up!
The old 500 doesnt want to load properly and the only game I can get to work on the 1200 is Sensible Soccer (which was the only game I ever played anyway!)
I have been flat out playing it for the past few days now and I am addicted to it once more. I have been trying to buy SWOS and the later updates off of ebay as my old copies dont seem to work anymore. Im not sure whether its the games that are faulty or the Amigas, so just to be sure im bidding on another Amiga aswell.

Im not sure whether I am reading it right but can we now play Sensi against people over the internet?
If so I would definatly want to be a part of it although im a little rusty!
Im not sure if i would be able to play it on a PC though cos i was always rubbish without my favourite zipstick ...god those joysticks can take some abuse!

Anyway if any of you are still reading this....nice to meet you all!
James

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 1 month ago #15877 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic Re: Hi everyone!
Hi mate!

We play Amiga SWOS 96/97 online! Look here how it works (for instant help join the chatroom, irc #sensible @quakenet):
forum.sensiblesoccer.info/index.php?topic=1169.0

And here a video tutorial:
video.google.de/videoplay?docid=-3783963183688975268 q=swos

www.sensiblesoccer.de ;)

You can buy an adapter to use your Zipstick on PC!

More
17 years 1 month ago #15883 by regjames
Replied by regjames on topic Re: Hi everyone!
Thanks for your reply!
I will check it out now. Where can i buy an adaptor for the Zipstick?

cheers
James

More
17 years 1 month ago #15887 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic Re: Hi everyone!
Contact Redhair! Also Admin of www.sensiblesoccer.de!

Just write to: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

More
17 years 1 month ago #16095 by regjames
Replied by regjames on topic Re: Hi everyone!
After 10 years of not playing the game due to the AMiga being in the garage I have been playing hours every night this past two weeks....I forgot how addictive it is!

Unfortunetly I have been playing the 1992 season (v1.1) as thats the only game I could get to work. I bought the 96/97 season off of ebay a couple of days ago and im not so great on that. I cant remember there being much difference between the two versions but i was surprised how different they are to play.

I better get practising on 96/97 now before I sign up to play online as I dont want to embarrass myself!.....I have just ordered a adapter so I can get the old zipstik working on the PC!

More
17 years 1 month ago #16167 by Schulle
Replied by Schulle on topic Re: Hi everyone!
i am looking forward to some games with you James! contact me in the IRC channel :)

Time to create page: 0.252 seconds