noob from the states

More
9 years 9 months ago #125000 by deady
noob from the states was created by deady
Hello from NEW england. Ive loved SWOS for years its always been my second favorite sports video game ever next to NHL 94. I played a lot with a buddy of mine but now that aint possible anymore so Im branching out to the world, although I would imagine there isn t a ton of people lining up to play someone from the states but I can say I play people from finland alot on kaillera for nhl94 and it plays pretty good. Also I pride myself on having a good connection and doing everything possible to maintain a lag-less experience.

what Im really wondering is, are there any active players from the states? or maybe even an american league?!

I have the amiga total pack, also would be up for playing on gens or kega but would strongly prefer amiga. If there anyone who wanted to try a few games with me please let me know, you can PM me here. I also use AOL instant messenger and my screen name for that is donnybrook94.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 9 months ago #125020 by deady
Replied by deady on topic Re: noob from the states
Just had my first online games with spaced. he showed me the ropes of playing on-line, he also whooped my butt but couldnt have been nicer about it. Despite our very lengthy distance the connection was near perfect for us

More
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #125021 by barnettgs
Replied by barnettgs on topic Re: noob from the states
Welcome here. If you want to try out some games with us and see how it goes on connection wise. You can ask for some friendly games on Sensible chat at webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=#sensible

If your connection is great then I don t see why not to get involved in league and competition. You can start with ASL 3 league, just ask Admin to join in.

Hope this helps

By the way, Spaced is an very helpful guy. He also helped me out as well!

More
9 years 9 months ago #125031 by Spaced
Replied by Spaced on topic Re: noob from the states
It s been a pleasure to play initiate you mate.
And yes I second Barnett and I suggest that you join ASL 3, the ideal place to start cutting your teeth.
As for our connection, we had something like 4 frames (I guess our ping was 128 or 132) but considering the distance, that s close to amazing!
The game went absolutely smooth, no lag, no interruptions, no issues with the frame rate.
On a separate note, I was using my laptop and I was wifi so, it could have been even better.

Keep the fun going! ;)

More
9 years 9 months ago #125032 by deady
Replied by deady on topic Re: noob from the states
thanks guys.

my ultimate goal is to get into a league, but i need time to get my skills and knowledge up to par. i play in multiple leagues for NHL 94 so im no stranger to playing online with kailliera or p2p either with or without hamachi but right now my skills need work. i would like to join a league in a month or so, maybe sooner but in the meantime im gonna need a lot of exhibitions so im sure youll see me lurking around alot.

looking forward to more ggs!

More
9 years 8 months ago #125549 by sokratees9
Replied by sokratees9 on topic Re: noob from the states
Good to hear that it works ok from the US. I was living there until a few months back, but plan to be back next year, so maybe we can set up a game, I ll likely be in New York.

In the meantime, anyone know anyone in Hong Kong, or that part of the world who might want a game?

Time to create page: 0.218 seconds