Super Nintendo Gamepads on Amiga

More
16 years 9 months ago - 16 years 9 months ago #22017 by HairFU
Since i have make my own Super Nintendo to PC converter i was playing with an Super Nintendo Pad SWOS online and PC SWOS. Then i think about what Controller can i use on Amiga if i go to an offline cup. So i try many Amiga Joysticks and Amiga Gamepads, but i wasn t really happy with that solutions. So the only way i can play swos is to use a SNES Pad.
Then i search the internet if there was a converter Super Nintendo to Amiga, but i don t find anything. I think more and more what can i do and decide to make my own Super Nintendo to Amiga converter.
My Cousin help me a lot with the work (he programms the software on the converter and help me to build).

That s the parts that i need to make the converter. I had to solder diode, processors and so on the card.

I take a super nintendo connector and sold it to a ribbon cable to connect it to the converter.

After all i put the convertor into the Super Nintendo.

Then I close it.

On the back i add D-Sub 9 connector. Now you only need a D-Sub 9 renewal cable to connect to Amiga and a Super Nintendo electric cable to play with Super Nintendo Pads on Amiga.

I have make also a Video, where you can watch my converter in action.

[flash=425,350]www.youtube.com/v/6UfkymjeCAY[/flash]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 9 months ago - 16 years 9 months ago #22018 by Pallister
Sick...absolutely sick freak-stuff! Great!!! ;D

More
16 years 9 months ago - 16 years 9 months ago #22026 by Playaveli
Crazy!

Nice1, HairFU!

PS: Your room looks messy! Clean it up...hehe! ;D

More
16 years 9 months ago #22042 by HairFU

Crazy!

Nice1, HairFU!

PS: Your room looks messy! Clean it up...hehe! ;D

Can t clean it up. The cartons you see are CDs that i sell. Storage to expensive, so i camp them at home. ;)

More
16 years 9 months ago #22047 by djowGer
cool shit.. but thats a lot of work for making a snes pad work on the amiga. isnt there an easier way? I ve seen playa gravis pad pc pad being modified into an amiga pad. Must be possible to do the same. or what?

More
16 years 9 months ago #22049 by Playaveli
Well, yes, in my Gravis pad is a Sega pad interior. It works really good. But it s not quite the same feeling. Of course playable, but the last essential original bit misses.

I am sure you can just implantate a Sega mastersystem pad interior into a SNES pad....it will work also!

More
16 years 9 months ago #22051 by HairFU

cool shit.. but thats a lot of work for making a snes pad work on the amiga. isnt there an easier way? I ve seen playa gravis pad pc pad being modified into an amiga pad. Must be possible to do the same. or what?

No there is no easier way (sad...).
The functionality of a Super Nintendo Pad is different to the functionality of a Amiga/ Sega/ Atari Pad.
Not the Super Nintendo Pad show the system what key you press, the System ask the pad if there is a key pressed on the pad. So it check very very very often in a whole second if you have press something on pad.
Amiga is different. If you press a key it is like swithcing a switch. So the contact is close and the amiga get a signal. So it don t ask, just wait until you press a key.

More
16 years 9 months ago #22052 by Playaveli
Well, but Sega Pads work fine on Amiga...you can just open the SNES pad and take EVERYTHING out if it and replace it with the platine and cable of a Sega pad of about the same size (Master System).

It will work 100%.

More
16 years 9 months ago #22053 by HairFU
But as you say, it don t feel the same ;)
It is like the favourite shoes from a footballer. If you don t have them you can t play your full potential.

More
16 years 8 months ago #23415 by tanzmann
i used the sega mega drive mega stick, really brilliant for sensi.
Joypads are useless.

cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem ih=009 sspagename=STRK%3AMEBI%3AIT viewitem= item=190131481646 rd=1 rd=1

Time to create page: 0.279 seconds