New player, Fire keys, Joypads and miscellaneous technical problems.

More
16 years 3 weeks ago #38262 by Retrieving
Sup guys, I have just downloaded the Amiga SWOS 96/97 version, joined everyone else on #Sensible and everything seemed fine (I m relatively new to this and I can t believe I can play SWOS again...and online!) until I tried to start up an offline game with the WinUAE career mode.

Basically I m currently unable to start up a match of any sort; my spider-senses started tingling almost immediately because when I ran the game after giving a brief look at the WinUAE configuration menu I wasn t able to skip the credits (something I used to do when I was playing on my Amiga 1200 if I recall correctly, unless I m mistaken). Another weird occurrance is the fact that when the game gets to the menu screen it immediately activates the fire key on his own at least 4 or 5 times bringing me to the friendly matches teams selection screen.

Regardless the chosen control system configuration (I even tried to plug in a PS2 DualShock controller which is actually acknowledged by the WinUAE interface as USB Joypad DualForce whatever) the only thing I m allowed to do is navigating the menus back and foth using the keyboard arrow keys and the enter key (I can change the formation and swap players and all that stuff just fine) because whenever I highlight the Play/Coach big red button in the lower part of the screen I can t activate it with any key (the Enter key misteriously stops working there).

I ve tried to tweak the controls on the WinUAE config. interface to no avail and it doesn t seem like I will be able to figure this out anytime soon, is there anyone out there who has experienced the same problems? Does anyone have any suggestion regarding this matter, I d really like to join you guys asap, I miss Sensi!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 3 weeks ago #38263 by Retrieving
Ok, perhaps I should ve posted this in the PC section D:

My OS is Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 1, version 2002.

More
16 years 3 weeks ago #38266 by Retrieving
I just downloaded Amiga SWOS on my notebook, (completely different PC and older version of the OS) and it gave me exactly the same problem...

this is the link I downloaded the game from:

files.sensiblesoccer.de/Setup_ASWOS2.exe

So...what s going on?

More
16 years 3 weeks ago #38282 by Playaveli
Go to Game I/O Ports of Winuaexp.

If you play with keyboard choose Keyboard B on PORT1 .
Right CTRL is your fire key.

Playing with joypad choose Joystick 0 on PORT1 .

That s it. Come back to the chatroom this evening and ask for instant help. Somebody will give you a hand.

More
15 years 8 months ago #47215 by Tonynoise
Hi to all...
I have a problem, where I can download ASWOS2.exe??
Thanks..

More
15 years 8 months ago #47257 by Hellenstone
Startpage, on the left side yo ll find the download link!
Or enter IRC #sensible and enter !amiga command!

„Es ist wichtig, dass man neunzig Minuten mit voller Konzentration an das nächste Spiel denkt“
Lothar Matthäus – Rekordnationalspieler Deutschlands

Time to create page: 0.344 seconds