Re: My improved SWOS launcher.

More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #116082 by olesio
Hello.

At following url you can find my version of Amiga SWOS Launcher in setup installer exec:

olesio.eu/plaswos_setup.exe

Orginally created for RANDAPEK. Include polish version of custom disk.

Why you should use my version? Few reasons below:

+ Small and fast coded in Delphi and WinAPI.
+ Manifest file included to ask user about Administrator level when UAC in OS is enabled.
+ Pure sockets are used to download updated disk files. No buggy Indy.
+ Full error handling what makes this Launcher fool-proof :)
+ No need to click on Launch Kaillera. Launcher do this.
+ Launcher cancel retrieving list of servers under non P2P version of client.
+ Disable Close and Refresh list buttons in non P2P version of Client.
+ Kills swosuae.dll process at start (like original RedHair s Launcher did).
+ Progress of downloading updated disks shown on status bar.
+ Save original HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\WinUAE commands entries values (if needed).
+ Latest Polish disk by Randapek included in setup.

Disabling close button and cancel retrieving list of servers under non P2P version of client was made was added because of calling process errors and close emulator.

Saving original HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\WinUAE was added from stupid issue of Kaillera client. Becuse installed original WinUAE Registry entries for shell commands was overwriten with Amiga SWOS Kaillera path, so WinUAE configs (*.uae) could not be opened properly.

PLEASE NOTE! Amiga SWOS must be installed from setup avaiable for example at sensiblesoccer.pl, because my setup detect this and install launcher file to Amiga SWOS location.

Enjoy. All comments welcome. It is after 4:00, so I must go to sleep :) Sorry for my bad English, like always.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #117004 by DoTa
Replied by DoTa on topic Re: My improved SWOS launcher.
I cant host with this program. Someone can join but i game wont start. And the ping is slightly higher than with swos amiga.

But i like the simple menu and the few clicks u can open or join matches. *thumbs up*

More
11 years 1 month ago #117010 by olesio
@DoTa: thanks for bug report - I fixed it in version 0.7, avaiable at: http://olesio.euplaswos_setup.exe - now it do not close main emulator configuration window, what caused problem with host P2P game.

More
11 years 1 month ago #117015 by DoTa
I tried it works. Nice ty. olesio.eu/plaswos_setup.exe right link ;)

More
11 years 1 month ago #117016 by DoTa
olesio.eu/amiga_swos_remapping_keys.exe does not work right. U got a delay so cant play. and label r wrong: up, down, left, right, right?

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #117021 by olesio
I do not know why you have such a problems with my program to remap keys in Amiga Kailerra SWOS :/ Now it should ask for admin rights. Or maybe you should stupid mechanism like UAC in OS settings. Beacuse people which think what they do and do not download shit do not need UAC in my opinion :) So I tested code before releasing and on my computer everything was ok. But I have UAC disabled so maybe I did not see everything good.

And unfortunetly I cannot count on good testers, so no one before did not seen wrong caption of last label. It is ofcourse for fire key and when you press 5 in main window or last remap key on down new dialog windows ask for fire key and it is properly remaped later.

Ofcourse program was tested before and works fine. I just copy resource definition to previous label and button and only added new top positions, so I did not noticed caption is wrong. Now at foolowing address version 0.2 is available. Also noneone before notice that manifest which I mentioned is not properly added (dialog resource editor changing resource caount to constant MANIFEST, which is not recognised by old Delphi 7 compilator, so I fixed to 24 and all now is ok after packing executable):

olesio.eu/amiga_swos_remapping_keys.exe

Also I fixed to version 0.8 my SWOS Launcher, which is available at site address below. There was also my oversight with manifest and wrong fileinfo version:

olesio.eu/plaswos_setup.exe

Thanks for bugreports. And everybody please update my programs mentioned above if you use them. And sorry for my bad English.

More
11 years 1 month ago #117022 by DoTa
im sorry that u get so bad reports. I like your programs really.

Ill test tomorrow.

Btw i got Win7 x64 as operating system, thats perhaps the reason ;).

Ty 4 fixing so fast :).

More
11 years 1 month ago #117028 by olesio
@DoTa: I do not blame you, but others also have used these programs and be able to do better test :) I also have Windows 7 64 bit and these programs working fine. As far as I know - only UAC mechanism enabled can cause problems. But now I included manifests in exe files, so system should requeire admin rights on startup, otherwise program - do not run. Because keyboard hooks in modern Windowses, need higher privileges, probable Admin.

More
11 years 1 month ago #117033 by DoTa

@DoTa: I do not blame you, but others also have used these programs and be able to do better test :) I also have Windows 7 64 bit and these programs working fine. As far as I know - only UAC mechanism enabled can cause problems. But now I included manifests in exe files, so system should requeire admin rights on startup, otherwise program - do not run. Because keyboard hooks in modern Windowses, need higher privileges, probable Admin.

If u need a real tester, u can ask everytime.

I m also programmer, so it cross to my eyes and i have to tell ya ;).

Tested works well. GJ

Download it its really nice and slim program.

All *.exe to open with admin rights. U can choose that on properties (rightclick on exe-file) on register combatibility so it will open everytime as admin.

More
11 years 1 month ago #117055 by DoTa
Is there a possibilty to exit WinUAE without killing this process.

In carreer mode its possible but not in P2P game or Server. (F12 - Exit WinUAE)

Time to create page: 0.219 seconds