Re: SWOS-Total Pack (V1.07-Pre1) released.

More
11 years 10 months ago #111201 by Lunde_dk
wow! that was fast patch release,tomorrow v1.4 heh ;-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #111222 by starwindz
V1.31a patch released (2012.04.30)
* SWOS DB Finder updated to V1.1
- Original 96/97 database added

Download: swos_db_finder_1.1_patch.7z
www.mediafire.com/?8x15o4t4nx55p17
- SWOS DB Finder V1.1 Patch (Extract to .\swos_db_finder\)

More
11 years 10 months ago #111369 by ZICOZICO
Hi Starwindz,

Brilliant work!
I played totalpack 1.31 for several hours (both amiga and PC) and it works flawlessly!

Thank you for including SWOS DB Finder, it´s a very nice tool, will continue using it.

Regards
zicozico

More
11 years 10 months ago #111374 by Lunde_dk
yeah it s nice,but i get a career crash using synchronated update 11-12 have not changed anything in the data files,playing as is. after the ninth season it crashes

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #111377 by starwindz

yeah it s nice,but i get a career crash using synchronated update 11-12 have not changed anything in the data files,playing as is. after the ninth season it crashes

After checking out your comment, I have found this is a bug of total pack v1.31a. Current version of total pack does not have proper sws.exe for synch db 11-12. This will be fixed in V1.4 soon. Thank you for your comment.

More
11 years 10 months ago #111378 by starwindz

Hi Starwindz,

Brilliant work!
I played totalpack 1.31 for several hours (both amiga and PC) and it works flawlessly!

Thank you for including SWOS DB Finder, it´s a very nice tool, will continue using it.

Regards
zicozico

Thank you. It is my pleasure. :)

• wizardmatt
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 10 months ago #111398 by wizardmatt
Hey. Thanks for doing such good work to keep this classic game alive, I was over the moon when I found it as a download =)
Trouble is, it doesn t work on my machine. It s a Windows 7 64-bit machine, and I am using xbox 360 controllers. I follow the instructions given in the launcher to calibrate the controllers ingame, and the 1st calibrates fine, but the second one isn t recognised at all. Not only that, but my keyboard goes screwy too.....for example, insted of pressing Enter to make a selection on the menus, I have to press Pause, which I only found out by pressing all the keys in turn.
I really really hope you can help me solve these problems as I love the game and am very impressed with the effort that has gone into keeping it alive.
Thanks in advance =)

More
11 years 10 months ago #111401 by starwindz

Hey. Thanks for doing such good work to keep this classic game alive, I was over the moon when I found it as a download =)
Trouble is, it doesn t work on my machine. It s a Windows 7 64-bit machine, and I am using xbox 360 controllers. I follow the instructions given in the launcher to calibrate the controllers ingame, and the 1st calibrates fine, but the second one isn t recognised at all. Not only that, but my keyboard goes screwy too.....for example, insted of pressing Enter to make a selection on the menus, I have to press Pause, which I only found out by pressing all the keys in turn.
I really really hope you can help me solve these problems as I love the game and am very impressed with the effort that has gone into keeping it alive.
Thanks in advance =)

I do not have xbox 360 controller or other type of joysticks currently so I cannot test this issue. But I think this problem may be solved by changing the setting of CPU Cycle in launcher user interface to less than or equal to 10,000. Please check it out.

• wizardmatt
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 10 months ago #111409 by wizardmatt
Thanks for your help so far. Unfortunately, changing CPU Cycles to a lower setting didn t solve the problem. I even set it to it s lowest setting, and that didn t help either, not with any of the databases. However, I have found a semi-solution, semi in that, worst come to the worst, I can play a 2-player game with my wireless xbox 360 controllers! I am posting the solution here in case anyone has the same problem, and hopefully to contribute towards future versions =) It s quite lengthy, so please bear with me.
I already have DOSBox installed so that I can play other classic games. I thought there could be a conflict between my install, and the instance used in SWOS Total, so I fired up SWOS Total and took a screenshot of both DOSDox windows. I then compared this screenshot to the winsdows given when I fired up my install of DOSBox. The key window is the Status Window, and in both cases DOSBox was registering the presence of BOTH controllers. The first step in the Status Window, after the header blurb, is the CONFIG..... line. In SWOS Total s case, this is run_game.conf, and in the case of my install it is dosbox-0.74.conf. I opened both up in Notepad from their respective directories, and they seemed different enough for me to figure that I didn t know what to do, so I moved onto the next step. In the Status Window for SWOS Total, the final entry is the line MAPPER..... and the file given is mapper.txt. Given that my keyboard was being screwy in SWOS Total, I figured this could be the problem, because this line was not present in the Status Window of my install. So in the instance of my DOSBox install, I opened up the keymapper, DIDN T CHANGE ANYTHING, and then saved these default settings, and the new file mapper-0.74.map was created. I then copied this file, renamed the copy mapper.txt, and then cut and pasted it over the top of SWOS Total s mapper.txt. I then fired up SWOS Total, and I could then configure both joysticks! I then defeated my brother s Everton with Aston Villa in a 3 match series =) However, my keyboard was still not functioning correctly, hence the fact that this is only a semi-solution. I then exited SWOS Total and then used WinMerge to compare Total s mapper.txt with the equivalent file from my install of DOSBox. In the comparison, both files are identical, so I fired up Total again.....and the keyboard is still screwy.
So that s my semi-solution. If you could find a full solution, it would be great, and I would be more than happy to help you. Thanks once again for all the hard work you have put into keeping this awesome game alive =)

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #111411 by starwindz

Thanks for your help so far. Unfortunately, changing CPU Cycles to a lower setting didn t solve the problem. I even set it to it s lowest setting, and that didn t help either, not with any of the databases. However, I have found a semi-solution, semi in that, worst come to the worst, I can play a 2-player game with my wireless xbox 360 controllers! I am posting the solution here in case anyone has the same problem, and hopefully to contribute towards future versions =) It s quite lengthy, so please bear with me.
I already have DOSBox installed so that I can play other classic games. I thought there could be a conflict between my install, and the instance used in SWOS Total, so I fired up SWOS Total and took a screenshot of both DOSDox windows. I then compared this screenshot to the winsdows given when I fired up my install of DOSBox. The key window is the Status Window, and in both cases DOSBox was registering the presence of BOTH controllers. The first step in the Status Window, after the header blurb, is the CONFIG..... line. In SWOS Total s case, this is run_game.conf, and in the case of my install it is dosbox-0.74.conf. I opened both up in Notepad from their respective directories, and they seemed different enough for me to figure that I didn t know what to do, so I moved onto the next step. In the Status Window for SWOS Total, the final entry is the line MAPPER..... and the file given is mapper.txt. Given that my keyboard was being screwy in SWOS Total, I figured this could be the problem, because this line was not present in the Status Window of my install. So in the instance of my DOSBox install, I opened up the keymapper, DIDN T CHANGE ANYTHING, and then saved these default settings, and the new file mapper-0.74.map was created. I then copied this file, renamed the copy mapper.txt, and then cut and pasted it over the top of SWOS Total s mapper.txt. I then fired up SWOS Total, and I could then configure both joysticks! I then defeated my brother s Everton with Aston Villa in a 3 match series =) However, my keyboard was still not functioning correctly, hence the fact that this is only a semi-solution. I then exited SWOS Total and then used WinMerge to compare Total s mapper.txt with the equivalent file from my install of DOSBox. In the comparison, both files are identical, so I fired up Total again.....and the keyboard is still screwy.
So that s my semi-solution. If you could find a full solution, it would be great, and I would be more than happy to help you. Thanks once again for all the hard work you have put into keeping this awesome game alive =)

Very long comments. :) Anyway please check out following suggestions.
1. Please test the controller and keyboard under pure DOSBox without Total Pack.
2. Please send me mapper.txt and confing file which are used for the above test.
3. What does exactly keyboard screwy mean?

Time to create page: 0.367 seconds