Exporting spreadsheet of new Synchronated values

• McCall
  • McCall's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 10 months ago #67507 by McCall
Hi folks

To help me make the best purchases with SWOS97 original teams, I got hold of a huge swos-database-2008-01-02 spreadsheet that has every player with their skills ranked from 1 to 7 and their team.

It would be great if such a spreadsheet could be made available for the updated team files Synchronated makes regularly. I ve tried using the Editor 1.40 to export them, but it never produces any file. I m wondering if that is down to me running it in Windows XP. Tips?

Otherwise, does anyone out there know another way to produce such a document? How do you keep track, Synchronated?

Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago - 14 years 10 months ago #67513 by Synchronated
I keep track like this - each year s update is basically a snapshot of the transfermarkt.de database (except for English/Scottish teams) just after the Summer transfer window closes.
After that, if any transfer updates happen, players are moved as and when and holes are filled where necessary. This still produces a database which is less clean than the original snapshot, unless every player move in the whole world is carried out.

So every yearly update is entirely new and, save for some cases where I didn t update all the national teams, the clubs contain nothing at all from the previous year s data - this is because it s (much) easier to make a new snapshot than to rearrange the old one (which would be a confusing nightmare).

This confusing nightmare which leads to duplicate/missing players etc is only the case because of the SWOS 16-player squad limit - if teams could have 14 or 27 players and it didn t matter then it would not be difficult and I would just move players around as moves happen.

More
14 years 10 months ago #67514 by xflea
hi McCall,

I ve originally compiled swos-database from online version of Whiteulver (database.swos.info).

If you are interested the newest version is always available at: xflea.republika.pl/swos/swos-database.zip

The current version is 2008-08-24. it has some fixes and a new layout.

More
14 years 10 months ago #67515 by Synchronated
As for finding/exporting data I would ask the guys who made these sites how it s done
database.swos.info/
swos.gazchap.com/

edit: didn t see the post above :)

• McCall
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 10 months ago #67926 by McCall
Thanks very much for that info, Xflea and Synchronated. I ll take a look.

• McCall
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 8 months ago #71091 by McCall
I ve got as far as creating a file readable by the PC SWOS Editor 1.40 program, but nothing yet as convenient as a spreadsheet. I ve just popped an email off to Pablo who wrote the program to see if he s got any info on how to convert the TPS file from his app into something like a CSV. Will let you know if anything comes of it.

More
13 years 3 months ago #95634 by ro32x
did you ever find out how to convert [JUGADORE.TPS] into a csv with all the player attributes?
cheers

Time to create page: 0.225 seconds